It is currently Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:57 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Lost Jeeps Official Vendor Posts for CRDs only. Members may also post replies to the vendor posts.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 130 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Would you commit to a purchase?
Yes 79%  79%  [ 64 ]
No 6%  6%  [ 5 ]
Maybe 15%  15%  [ 12 ]
Total votes : 81
 Post subject: Re: Machined stainless exhaust manifold plug (Weeks Kit Stag
PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2015 8:28 pm 
LOST Newbie

Does anyone have a copy of the installations instructions for the Weeks Stage 2 Egr Delete. I purchased both some time back and never opened the box. Now that I finally got around to having and egr leak with coolant finding it's way into the cylinders I finally decided to begin the project I should have completed years ago. But I can not find any instructions anywhere. None in the box. None with the parts. I have searched through all sorts of web engines and no clear instructions. Stage 1 is uncomplicated even for me. But I have and Egr cooler with many hoses and one barb fitting in the stage 2 kit :furious:

Any help would be much appreciated

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2015 8:31 pm 
LOST Junkie

RedMod wrote:
Does anyone have a copy of the installations instructions for the Weeks Stage 2 Egr Delete. I purchased both some time back and never opened the box. Now that I finally got around to having and egr leak with coolant finding it's way into the cylinders I finally decided to begin the project I should have completed years ago. But I can not find any instructions anywhere. None in the box. None with the parts. I have searched through all sorts of web engines and no clear instructions. Stage 1 is uncomplicated even for me. But I have and Egr cooler with many hoses and one barb fitting in the stage 2 kit :furious:

Any help would be much appreciated

I PM'ed and emailed you a link to the PDF instructions.

:JEEPIN: Just email me next time: https://shop.sasquatchparts.com/contact/

SasquatchParts.com
VM Motori Parts & Performance​

Jeep Liberty 2.8L CRD
RAM 1500 3.0L EcoDiesel
Jeep Grand Cherokee 3.0L EcoDiesel
Chevy Colorado/GMC Canyon 2.8L Duramax​

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 1:12 am 
LOST Newbie

All my parts from installing Stage 1 & 2 kits now just have to get it flashed. Going to get the transmission done too.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 11:39 pm 
LOST Newbie

stage 1&2 installed today... many funky parts. so nice to be rid of the hydrolock risk form the cooling system running though the EGR >.>

thanks for putting this product together!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 12:59 pm 
LOST Junkie

Dirus wrote:
thanks for putting this product together!

:rockon:

SasquatchParts.com
VM Motori Parts & Performance​

Jeep Liberty 2.8L CRD
RAM 1500 3.0L EcoDiesel
Jeep Grand Cherokee 3.0L EcoDiesel
Chevy Colorado/GMC Canyon 2.8L Duramax​

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 4:41 pm 
LOST Member

Done! Have some issues unrelated to the kit. This is a full day job doing both by the way! DO NOT attempt this if you are not mechanically inclined!!! Didn't help that I had to redo a bunch of wiring looms that were brittle with a lot of exposed wires. Also my intake manifold was seriously caked with soot and spent an hour or two scraping and wire brushing and vacuuming to get it half way decent (140k of buildup). On a side not though the instructions call for possible issues with removing the inner front bolt of the factory intake elbow . Make it easy and leave it till last. use a short extension to break it loose then rotate the whole elbow to gain access to it. then it's easy to get to. Now for my issue (kinda a witch session per se) The steel EGR manifold bolts (removed on the stage 2 kit) go into an aluminum block. Now I don't know how the factory installs these but I bought this Libby because a dealership recently installed a new timing belt, EGR cooler and EGR valve. What chaps my butt is the idiots not only didn't retorque a bunch of bolts causing boost leaks but reinstalled these EGR manifold bolts dry with NO never cease. NEVER install a steel bolt into an aluminum anything dry unless you don't EVER want it to come out. There is an electrolysis that occurs between the two differing metals that weld them together! something as simple as a drop of oil will greatly help. Now I have ONE bold holding on my entire EGR assembly that has the head stripped off it (after breaking two Craftsman 10 mm sockets the 3rd one just stripped the head) and after about 6 hours of futile attempts I will either need to pull the transmission so I can torch the head off or leave it there for all eternity. Since I just had the tranny rebuilt last week it will probably be the ladder. Fshew! I feel better...

First thing I noticed now after installation is how quiet it is! No turbo whine from boost leaks!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:05 pm 
LOST Addict

DieselJeepLuvr wrote:
Done! Didn't help that I had to redo a bunch of wiring looms that were brittle with a lot of exposed wires. Also my intake manifold was seriously caked with soot and spent an hour or two scraping and wire brushing and vacuuming to get it half way decent (140k of buildup).

Aren't you glad you had a reason to do this and catch all these potential problems before you had to chase them down later?

DieselJeepLuvr wrote:
The steel EGR manifold bolts (removed on the stage 2 kit) go into an aluminum block. Now I don't know how the factory installs these but I bought this Libby because a dealership recently installed a new timing belt, EGR cooler and EGR valve. What chaps my butt is the idiots not only didn't retorque a bunch of bolts causing boost leaks but reinstalled these EGR manifold bolts dry with NO never cease. NEVER install a steel bolt into an aluminum anything dry unless you don't EVER want it to come out. There is an electrolysis that occurs between the two differing metals that weld them together! something as simple as a drop of oil will greatly help. Now I have ONE bold holding on my entire EGR assembly that has the head stripped off it (after breaking two Craftsman 10 mm sockets the 3rd one just stripped the head) and after about 6 hours of futile attempts I will either need to pull the transmission so I can torch the head off or leave it there for all eternity. Since I just had the tranny rebuilt last week it will probably be the ladder.

Why not use a die grinder, or better yet, a 4" angle grinder with a cutting disk, and just chop it out? If it's being thrown away as mine was, it really doesn't matter how cleanly it comes out, right?

DieselJeepLuvr wrote:
First thing I noticed now after installation is how quiet it is! No turbo whine from boost leaks!

:pepper: :rockon: :BANANA:

Sasquatch
DSS Turbo
CAT-elimntr
Weeks Stg1&2 EGRfix
PV-200
BLING
vent gauge mount

IDParts New
head
cams
rockers
Timing set
ARP studs
eTn1 GX2123 5v GPs

Flowmaster 942550
Carter P76611M
GM 12611872
Hayden 2986
GM 15017911
2010 Trans
Sonnax 44957
Transgo kit
AHS 45T TC
Cooper 51770

Future plans: GDE Trans&Hot-tune

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:58 am 
LOST Newbie

The steel bolts holding most things on the motor are coated at the bolt factory. I work with steel and aluminum and a lot of bolts are not coated and I have no issues.

DieselJeepLuvr wrote:
What chaps my butt is the idiots not only didn't retorque a bunch of bolts causing boost leaks but reinstalled these EGR manifold bolts dry with NO never cease. NEVER install a steel bolt into an aluminum anything dry unless you don't EVER want it to come out. There is an electrolysis that occurs between the two differing metals that weld them together! something as simple as a drop of oil will greatly help

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 12:02 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

All my parts from installing Stage 1 & 2 kits now just have to get it flashed. Going to get the transmission done too.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk[/quote]

What do you mean "Get it flashed"?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:44 pm 
LOST Addict

CRD Joe wrote:

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

What do you mean "Get it flashed"?[/quote]
He means writing a tune to the ECM that eliminates the EGR and FCV codes.

Provent and modified factory 180F thermostat
Replaced cylinder head (cracked) at 160,000 miles + ARP studs
Cheap 1 inch lift, 245-75R-16 tires.
Still love it.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 130 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7