It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:31 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Lost Jeeps Official Vendor Posts for CRDs only. Members may also post replies to the vendor posts.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 634 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32
 Post subject: Re: SMS "Weeks" CRD Intake Elbow Kit- Bypasses EGR, Deletes
PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2016 8:06 am 
LOST Newbie

Has anyone installed the weeks 1 & 2 along with GDE tune and passed an emissions test? Well I guess it does not matter now because I installed both the 1 & 2 Weeks kits today. The only thing I see that could be improved is a new V band clamp for the cap on the exhaust manifold. I work in aviation and a nice T bolt similar to the one one the intake would be nice. My clamp is not in very good condition and has a small leak. So I will be going to the dealership on Monday to get a new one. Other than that issue the kit installed great, and having the use of air tools makes it even easier.

JBA UCA, JBA strut & clevis spacers, JBA Y-Link Ext,
Extra rear isolators, Goodyear DuraTrac’s,
Enkei SR-6 wheels 16X7, Mobil 1 Turbo Diesel Truck, WIX’s 51515XP

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:14 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Just got my kit last night. I was very impressed with the packaging. Only from JBA (expanded foam that custom-fits the arms) have I seen a kit that was more thoughtfully packaged. The nice part was that everything was recyclable. Much like the available battery tray, it's very green.

It was a little funny to see a business card and a sticker... but no included instructions. The online ones are quite good and having a QC code to scan on my mobile and pull up the pdf was a nice touch.

Is the EGR blockoff cap in the kits that include stage1 & 2 just a mulligan? I can see using it if you split the install into two steps, but I hate to see you loosing on your margins if you don't NEED to include it. Just a thought.

P.S. I was motivated to do this since I started getting glow plug faults (first time ever) and have a new 7v etecno set sitting in a box several years old. Hopefully taking off the entire intake will make that job straightforward to do at the same time.

Dan

Fumoto drain | ProVent CCV Filter
Stanadyne FM100 filter | Cummins fuel pump
GDE Eco | SEGR | BoulderBars | FrankenLift | Frankenskids

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:41 pm 
LOST Addict

it really makes it a snap. You will still want to get the alternator out of the way for 1&2 though.

Sasquatch
DSS Turbo
CAT-elimntr
Weeks Stg1&2 EGRfix
PV-200
BLING
vent gauge mount

IDParts New
head
cams
rockers
Timing set
ARP studs
eTn1 GX2123 5v GPs

Flowmaster 942550
Carter P76611M
GM 12611872
Hayden 2986
GM 15017911
2010 Trans
Sonnax 44957
Transgo kit
AHS 45T TC
Cooper 51770

Future plans: GDE Trans&Hot-tune

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:47 pm 
LOST Junkie

dgeist wrote:
Just got my kit last night. I was very impressed with the packaging. Only from JBA (expanded foam that custom-fits the arms) have I seen a kit that was more thoughtfully packaged. The nice part was that everything was recyclable. Much like the available battery tray, it's very green.

It was a little funny to see a business card and a sticker... but no included instructions. The online ones are quite good and having a QC code to scan on my mobile and pull up the pdf was a nice touch.

Thanks for the awesome feedback!

dgeist wrote:
Is the EGR blockoff cap in the kits that include stage1 & 2 just a mulligan? I can see using it if you split the install into two steps, but I hate to see you loosing on your margins if you don't NEED to include it. Just a thought.

Yep, that is there if you just want to do the elbow kit (Stage 1) and wait to do the full delete (Stage 2). We recommend doing them at the same time, but the Stage 2 does take significantly longer. So if one is in a hurry, it's nice to have the option!

dgeist wrote:
P.S. I was motivated to do this since I started getting glow plug faults (first time ever) and have a new 7v etecno set sitting in a box several years old. Hopefully taking off the entire intake will make that job straightforward to do at the same time.

We designed the elbow kit to make replacing glow plugs easier and faster. I would say it cuts the time of that job in half, maybe more.

SasquatchParts.com
VM Motori Parts & Performance​

Jeep Liberty 2.8L CRD
RAM 1500 3.0L EcoDiesel
Jeep Grand Cherokee 3.0L EcoDiesel
Chevy Colorado/GMC Canyon 2.8L Duramax​

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 3:42 am 
LOST Junkie

I have weeks stage one and two - since they came out. I also have the in-tank lift pump and wiring harness. Weeks' stuff is well designed, well made and well packed. I have a new Odyssey grp 34 - otherwise I'd have his battery tray too!

Light Khaki 2.8CRD: TJM alloy bumper; Skid Row &Asfir skids;ext. breathers; SAMCO hoses; Amsoil air filter;Grabber At2 235/70/16; Fumoto; Euro TC; Odyssey PC1500;GDE FTEcotune; OME lift; lightforce driving lights;RuffStuff diff cover;nylon fan+Hayden2905;ss vortex exhaust; snorkel.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:02 pm 
LOST Addict

Lancer wrote:
I have a new Odyssey grp 34 - otherwise I'd have his battery tray too!

I installed his battery tray and used my grp 34 battery in it till I was able to purchase the bigger grp 65 NorthStar AGM. Just did not use the hold down plate on top that came with the kit, used a temporary one I made.... :wink:

Yeti Stg4 MaxTune
Weeks ElbowKit/Battery Tray
NO FCV/EGR
Samcos/ProVent
SunCoast/Transgo
Carter Intank-pump
2mic.Sec.Fuel Filter
Flowmaster/NOcat
V6 Airbox
GM11 blade fan/Hayden HD clutch
Ironrock Trilink
98 Dodge Cummins, 5"exh. Viair,K&N

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 4:48 am 
LOST Member

To dgeist, or anyone interested. If you haven't already done the weeks kit. You could essentially go ahead and do all the work on drivers side, including removing the egr and egr cooler at one time. You would have to bolt the plate meant to block off EGR to FCV pipe on the end of the EGR to exhaust manifold tube . Also plug or otherwise block coolant hose that leads to y adapter or leave the barb fitting in and run heater hose to the y adapter. You could later do the passenger side work which is blocking off the exhaust manifold end of the same tube you would block on driver side if you chose to do it this way and either replace the y adapter or don't at that point . To clarify ,you can remove the barb fitting and plug block at same time if you plug the coolant hose to the y adapter.

Remember, you may also want to allow some time for RTV to cure before actually driving to operating temp

I didn't see geordi s post about taking it all out together without undoing FCV to EGR pipe but I would have tried to do it that way to save more time. Difference is, I like to see whats going on especially the first time so i removed battery undid power distribution removed alternator removed fuel filter assemblies a must since i have 2 micron filter in that area also. This helped me tremendously, pictures can only do so much. I also needed to change glow plugs and the weeks kit makes access to them if needed again a very easy job. BTW once FCV off you can change all 4 glow plugs in about 15 minutes.

One last possibly helpful hint, If you deform the clamp on the exhaust manifold installing part II of weeks kit the clamp on the FCV to EGR tube IIRC correctly is the same size so it could replace a deformed clamp on part 2 and it is much easier to get off without damage.

I have one more weeks kit to do soon , I am going to try it geordi s way to remove all in one piece. I believe it will save me about 20 minutes .

06 D Khaki Lim 98K wkII Eur TC
01 F350 7.3L Du
CRDS: Fumoto, Kennedy Lift , Fan Shroud mod, fuel head, SAMCOS,self TB, 2 Mic filt, Hayden

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 11:17 pm 
LOST Newbie

Got the kit last week and installed stage one this weekend. This jeep has about 192,000 miles on it, and never had any major problems except a main bearing on the tranny went bad at about 70,000. I removed the egr tube before the intake elbow because it gave me better access to the inside bolts on the intake elbow from below. Intake elbow was about 1/3 filled with soot. Hoping i get another 200,000 miles out of it.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 4:20 am 
LOST Newbie

Hello, guys!

I'm very sorry for that question.. I know english not especially good and it is a little hard to read all your aswers in this topic! :)

Could you explain the advantages of your "Intake Elbow Kit with Coolant Reroute (Weeks Kit™) for Jeep Liberty 2.8L CRD"?
Why is it need to reroute coolant? Why do not just install caps instead EGR, when just delete egr and egr coolant lines?

I will be glad, if you explain,how it works.

Best regards, Alex

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 5:33 am 
LOST Addict

Alex

Here is description and links at the bottom half of this page.
https://shop.sasquatchparts.com/products/egr-delete-jeep-liberty-crd/

There are various ways to prevent the sooty exhaust gasses from mixing with the oily crankcase vapors that together form something like asphalt, inside the intake, and hurt the engine. The best, in my opinion, remove the whole system completely, however there are some areas that, due to local laws, need to leave the EGR and FCV mechanisms in place. These can be fully blocked off with a plate preventing the exhaust gasses from entering.

The coolant system needs to be altered (plugged) when the EGR and FCV are removed, because the EGR valve and manifold are cooled by coolant lines from the cylinder head, and the overheated coolant is piped up and over the front of the engine, and back down to the water pump inlet.

The beauty of the Weeks systems is that they are not only clean, attractive, optimally functional, and make repairs and maintenance much easier, but they are complete. Lacking nothing. Every nut, bolt, washer, clamp, block, cap, adapter, plug, zip-tie, and fitting necessary, is right there in the box, and thorough instructions with helpful illustrations are available online.

Sasquatch
DSS Turbo
CAT-elimntr
Weeks Stg1&2 EGRfix
PV-200
BLING
vent gauge mount

IDParts New
head
cams
rockers
Timing set
ARP studs
eTn1 GX2123 5v GPs

Flowmaster 942550
Carter P76611M
GM 12611872
Hayden 2986
GM 15017911
2010 Trans
Sonnax 44957
Transgo kit
AHS 45T TC
Cooper 51770

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 8:12 am 
LOST Newbie

GordnadoCRD wrote:
Alex

Here is description and links at the bottom half of this page.
https://shop.sasquatchparts.com/products/egr-delete-jeep-liberty-crd/

I have read that earlier, but dont understood .

GordnadoCRD wrote:
The coolant system needs to be altered (plugged) when the EGR and FCV are removed, because the EGR valve and manifold are cooled by coolant lines from the cylinder head, and the overheated coolant is piped up and over the front of the engine, and back down to the water pump inlet.

Do you mean, that simple Removing EGR valve, FCV, and coolant system of ERG could give to engine more heated coolant? or i have mistake? :)

I am novice in jeet and automechanic, but have studuing physic at scool )))

In our country it is formally impossible to make changes in the car's construction, but nobody will not check it ))

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 8:19 am 
LOST Newbie

comment this photo please. What it was wrong?
thats all.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 2:22 pm 
LOST Addict

Actually removing the EGR valve, Manifold, and FCV returns to the engine, the same volume of coolant, that contains less heat energy, as it has not absorbed the heat from the exhaust.

First image shows WEEKS 2 properly installed, which separates exhaust completely.

Second image shows factory FCV still in place, but EGR removed and copper pipe shunting coolant supply directly to return.
There is nothing "wrong" with this, as the primary goal is accomplished.
However it is easy for anyone to see that alterations have been made. Also, there still exists multiple opportunities for coolant to leak at connections and from unnecessary soft hoses.

The WEEKS 1 kit
- provides a plug that seals the coolant from leaving the head at all. This allows all coolant to return through the thermostat and proceed through the radiator.

- removes all hard and soft coolant lines, and eliminates every opportunity for coolant to leak out.

- not only removes the complete EGR valve and manifold, but also replaces the modified factory FCV and intake elbow with a simple and clean elbow.
This is available in black, and looks like it was made by the factory. It fits with no obvious modifications, no extra or patched coolant lines, no exposed exhaust port that leads to nowhere, and provides lots of room for access to fuel system components, engine mount, and glow plugs.

- It allows removal of the metal return pipe that crosses over the engine at the front of the engine cover, and intersects with the heater core fluid return. It provides a coupling and clamps to allow the Y fitting to be removed from the heater core coolant return, in favor of a simple single-source return that further reduces opportunity for coolant leaks, and cleans up the engine appearance.

Sasquatch
DSS Turbo
CAT-elimntr
Weeks Stg1&2 EGRfix
PV-200
BLING
vent gauge mount

IDParts New
head
cams
rockers
Timing set
ARP studs
eTn1 GX2123 5v GPs

Flowmaster 942550
Carter P76611M
GM 12611872
Hayden 2986
GM 15017911
2010 Trans
Sonnax 44957
Transgo kit
AHS 45T TC
Cooper 51770

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:24 am 
LOST Newbie

Did the install today - at least, I got Stage 1 in. Ran out of daylight, so will do Stage 2 on the next warm, dry weekend we have. Thankfully I'm not having any coolant leaks from the EGR, so getting that one in isn't super-urgent.

Time to install was 3.5 hours. Most of that was on the removal side, and there were a couple of bolts that fought me which drove the time to do the job up.

I would suggest to anyone doing this that as soon as you finish step 9 in the installation guide, skip ahead to step 12 (remove the EGR pipe and block off the EGR port). After step 12 is complete, continue on with step 10.

The reason why I recommend doing this: getting the factory elbow off of the intake is much easier if you remove the bolts holding it in place from below by using multiple extensions as recommended in step 10. It's even easier if the EGR pipe is out of the way, hence the recommendation to get it out of there as soon as you can. And since you'll need to get under the Jeep to remove the EGR pipe anyway, doing things in the sequence described above puts you in the right place to get at the elbow bolts from below.

Overall, I'm very pleased with the kit - the design, materials, and construction are all excellent. Looking forward to seeing what my oil looks like at the next change, and getting Stage 2 in there as soon as time permits.

2005 KJ CRD Limited 4x4: 225/75R16 Goodyear TrailRunner ATs, Yeti's Stage 2 tune, and Stage 1 of a Week's Kit (Stage 2 is waiting for a warm, dry weekend to install it on). Mostly just bulletproofing for now.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 634 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32