It is currently Fri Aug 17, 2018 1:34 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Lost Jeeps Official Vendor Posts for CRDs only. Members may also post replies to the vendor posts.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 636 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32  Next
 Post subject: Re: SMS "Weeks" CRD Intake Elbow Kit- Bypasses EGR, Deletes
PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 5:21 pm 
LOST Junkie

CRD_Joe wrote:
Ok, what all needs to be purchased to make this complete?

Other than tools, the kit(s) include everything you need to bypass/delete your EGR system. Let me know if you have any other questions.

SasquatchParts.com
VM Motori Parts & Performance​

Jeep Liberty 2.8L CRD
RAM 1500 3.0L EcoDiesel
Jeep Grand Cherokee 3.0L EcoDiesel
Chevy Colorado/GMC Canyon 2.8L Duramax​

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 10:13 pm 
LOST Addict

Location: Somewhere between Heaven and Hell... But it is really hot here on Earth...
deeprecon1 wrote:
Thanks for all the Tech info and putting together a great kit for the price Seth.

A word from exp the 4 bolts holding the stock elbow, 2 are easy, 2 are not unless you come from underneath.
Come from underneath period for the two bolts, its not worth fighting from above. :wink:

Take your time, soak all the areas with liquid wrench or equivalent.

* this install is no joke ... either ask for help or have someone who turns a lot of wrenches near by. Yes its an easy install for gear heads, not so much for beginners. IMHO

You also need to keep in mind when you remove the EGR, on shut down you are going to have a noticeable shutter
This is common, every diesel I have removed the EGR from acts the same way.

Not to shock anyone, but I remove the entire elbow kit still assembled. I leave the the collar and FCV attached to the elbow, and attached to the tube to the EGR itself. Only unbolted from the hold downs and the intake. It is helpful to have a set of wobble extensions and you can get to all four of the upside down bolts from above. Unbolting the fuel filter and the alternator and bracket helps to get some more room. Wiggling everything out as one unit is the tough part, certainly. That, and I HATE those stupid hold downs!

As for the shudder on shut down (shutter is what you close on a house to protect the window from storms) it isn't anything unusual, and it won't damage anything. Anyone that has run the FCV for any length of mileage will have much the same shutdown because the plastic gears have broken. This is nothing to be worried about.

Should anyone have issue with installing this kit, I am happy to assist with this as well as most of the other critical repair procedures.

Email (button below) is preferred to PM
Over 70 CRDs currently driving with my timing belt, rockers, or ARP Studs.
Just remember: Bad noises = REALLY bad things.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 2:51 pm 
LOST Newbie

weeks101 wrote:
CRD_Joe wrote:
Ok, what all needs to be purchased to make this complete?

Other than tools, the kit(s) include everything you need to bypass/delete your EGR system. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Ok, what about that intake heater? I live in a cold area winter wise. Do I have to order that and intstal it at the same time as the EGR kits?

Suncoast TC shift kit
40MPG

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 2:57 pm 
LOST Junkie

The intake heater is a separate kit, which includes the Stage 1 and Stage 2 kit components but the intake elbow is different, it includes a bung for the heater element and a ground post, and full plug-and-play wiring harnesses and a control panel for your dash.

SasquatchParts.com

Jeep Liberty 2.8L CRD
RAM 1500 3.0L EcoDiesel

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 9:34 pm 
LOST Newbie

weeks101 wrote:
The intake heater is a separate kit, which includes the Stage 1 and Stage 2 kit components but the intake elbow is different, it includes a bung for the heater element and a ground post, and full plug-and-play wiring harnesses and a control panel for your dash.

OK what did I miss on the intake heater? Ive read back several pages. I do not see it listed on your web site either.

Last edited by LazyK on Thu Jul 16, 2015 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 9:34 pm 
LOST Newbie

weeks101 wrote:

OK what did I miss on the intake heater? I do not see it listed on your web site

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 9:37 pm 
LOST Junkie

Here is a direct link:

https://shop.sasquatchparts.com/shop/in ... weeks-kit/

SasquatchParts.com

Jeep Liberty 2.8L CRD
RAM 1500 3.0L EcoDiesel

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 11:37 am 
LOST Newbie

I'm still new to my diesel jeep, so bare with me. I'm thinking about purchasing this kit, but doesn't the Flow Control Valve perform the important duty of preventing diesel runaway?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 3:56 pm 
LOST Junkie

Hi, Brasher, this has been discussed at great length in this thread, but I know it's gotten pretty long.

During development we reached out to Keith at Green Diesel Engineering (GDE) regarding the Flow Control Valve (FCV) to address customer concerns about overrun protection. This is what he had to say (posted with permission):

Quote:
There is no overrun protection with respect to the FCV in the software. The only overrun protection is zero fuel delivery above 4600 rpm…which does not help with a real overrun anyway in that oil is providing the combustion fuel in an overrun.

Also, here is a recent discussion regarding runaways and the FCV on our CRDs: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=82274&p=868573&hilit=runaway

SasquatchParts.com

Jeep Liberty 2.8L CRD
RAM 1500 3.0L EcoDiesel

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 5:14 pm 
LOST Newbie

I removed these because I think my egr cooler was leaking internally. Has this happened to anyone else? It starts much better now, I'm assuming coolant was going into the intake.

Bye Bye

2nd gen Fuel head
Facet 40109 Lift Pump
General Grabber HTS

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 1:52 pm 
LOST Newbie

Ok, reporting back. I'm now getting a P0234 error code. Could I be leaking boost pressure? Any ideas? Oh, I still have my coolant leak. Any ideas?

2nd gen Fuel head
Facet 40109 Lift Pump
General Grabber HTS

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 8:12 pm 
LOST Member

"Oh, I still have my coolant leak" You either have a bad head gasket that is going south OR a cracked head. You'll need to pressurize your cooling system with the glowplugs out and see which cylinder shoots out antifreeze.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 8:18 pm 
LOST Junkie

jayleonfb99 wrote:
Ok, reporting back. I'm now getting a P0234 error code. Could I be leaking boost pressure? Any ideas? Oh, I still have my coolant leak. Any ideas?

P0234 Engine Overboost Condition - Lots of threads here about this. Inspect your turbocharger actuator to make sure it's moving freely. It's common for the veins get stuck, causing an overboost condition. Try clearing the code and see if it comes back.

Coolant leak - Any coolant on the ground? If not, the EGR cooler is either leaking internally -OR- you may have a leaking head gasket or cracked head. In either scenario your engine is consuming coolant, which is why you won't see coolant on the ground. Since you installed our Stage 2 kit (removing the EGR cooler) it's safe to eliminate that as a possible source of the leak.

Head gasket failure is not uncommon unfortunately. If it needs replacement, I would suggest upgrading to ARP studs instead of the factory TTY bolts. If you need to find a qualified mechanic in your area, check out our CRD shop directory: https://shop.sasquatchparts.com/installers/

Best of luck to you. :JEEPIN:

SasquatchParts.com

Jeep Liberty 2.8L CRD
RAM 1500 3.0L EcoDiesel

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 5:45 pm 
LOST Newbie

jayleonfb99 wrote:

How many miles?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 5:06 pm 
LOST Member

For me, I had also experienced a slow coolant leak (visible on the ground/pavement under the driver's side engine area, and only when I ran the Air Conditioning) back in August through October, as well as the same P0234. I had previously installed the Weeks' Kit #1 prior, and gotten a GDE Tune many months prior.

So I researched everything LostJeeps had regarding all the symptoms, I bought a couple diagnostic parts (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000NPDL76?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o09_s00 and http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0002SRGWU?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s01), and replaced my MAP Sensor (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008Y9HL7E?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o08_s00). I found that I had a slight pressure leak, but no exhaust reactions in the coolant, so no head-gasket problems for me.

*I highly recommend getting the pressure tested, and the coolant tested for exhaust contamination (tells ya if you have a headgasket leak).*

I then installed the Week's Kit 2 (http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=169&t=81654&start=100), in order to remove that coolant leak possibility, drove it heavy to clean stuff out. I took out the MAP sensor, cleaned it again, and reinstalled it.

The only code I'm getting now is the P0403, which I am about to fix with Yeti's DIY reprogram.

Good luck friend!

:)

2005 Jeep Liberty CRD Limited: GDE Eco Tune, Weeks Kit 1&2, Provent 200, P3 Electronic Brake Controller, Custom Rock Rails, New Suspension and Arms (OME, ARB, Raybestos, Bilsteins, etc.), 11-Bladed Fan, HD-Fan-Clutch, HDS M-001 Thermostat assembly, Fan-shroud-mod, Sasquatch Turbo, Tires (BFG AT TA KO2 LT245/70R16 - load D).

Last edited by Infinite_Karma on Thu Nov 19, 2015 1:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 6:26 pm 
LOST Newbie

This is propably a stupid question but can I install this kit in an export model vehicle, I believe theres a difference in the diameter of the hoses but I am not sure..

Europe, Finland to be accurate..

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 8:02 pm 
LOST Junkie

Maickdd wrote:
This is propably a stupid question but can I install this kit in an export model vehicle, I believe theres a difference in the diameter of the hoses but I am not sure..

Europe, Finland to be accurate..

As far as we know, it will fit, as long as it's an 05-06. We have other European customers including in the United Kingdom, as well as Australia and New Zealand.

SasquatchParts.com

Jeep Liberty 2.8L CRD
RAM 1500 3.0L EcoDiesel

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 10:21 am 
LOST Member

Brasher wrote:
I'm still new to my diesel jeep, so bare with me. I'm thinking about purchasing this kit, but doesn't the Flow Control Valve perform the important duty of preventing diesel runaway?

The older 2.8 CRD had no FCV plus most older pre EGR diesel engines have no butterfly valve.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 6:20 pm 
LOST Junkie

Brasher wrote:

This question has been raised before over the years, and the short answer is no, it doesn't.

Light Khaki 2.8CRD: TJM alloy bumper; Skid Row &Asfir skids;ext. breathers; SAMCO hoses; Amsoil air filter;Grabber At2 235/70/16; Fumoto; Euro TC; Odyssey PC1500;GDE FTEcotune; OME lift; lightforce driving lights;RuffStuff diff cover;nylon fan+Hayden2905;ss vortex exhaust; snorkel.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 1:28 pm 
LOST Addict

Lancer wrote:
This question has been raised before over the years, and the short answer is no, it doesn't.

Agreed!!!!
The FCV was a poorly engineered solution to create a low pressure zone to force induction of exhaust gases (aka soot crap) into the intake manifold... It served no other useful design purposes. Pre EPA requirements, these engines had no such devices.... :roll:
*The Weeks CRD elbow kit is a well engineered kit that allows the complete removal and discarding of the FCV, EGR valve, and EGR cooler. :rockon:

*Does require a OBC reflash with one of the available tunes on this forum to disable the DTC's (check engine codes) set when you unplug and remove the above items...

Yeti Stg4 MaxTune
Weeks ElbowKit/BatteryTray
NO FCV/EGR
Samcos/ProVent
SunCoast/Transgo
Carter Intank-pump
2mic.Sec.Fuel Filter
Flowmaster/NOcat
V6 Airbox
GM11 blade fan/NAPA HDclutch
Ironrock Trilink
98 Dodge Cummins, 5"exh. Viair, Huge K&N

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 636 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32  Next