It is currently Mon Sep 24, 2018 2:19 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Forum rules


Lost Jeeps Official Vendor Posts for CRDs only. Members may also post replies to the vendor posts.



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 132 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Would you commit to a purchase?
Yes 78%  78%  [ 64 ]
No 6%  6%  [ 5 ]
Maybe 16%  16%  [ 13 ]
Total votes : 82
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Machined stainless exhaust manifold plug (Weeks Kit Stag
PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2015 8:28 pm 
Offline
LOST Newbie

Joined: Mon Dec 21, 2015 8:00 pm
Posts: 1
Does anyone have a copy of the installations instructions for the Weeks Stage 2 Egr Delete. I purchased both some time back and never opened the box. Now that I finally got around to having and egr leak with coolant finding it's way into the cylinders I finally decided to begin the project I should have completed years ago. But I can not find any instructions anywhere. None in the box. None with the parts. I have searched through all sorts of web engines and no clear instructions. Stage 1 is uncomplicated even for me. But I have and Egr cooler with many hoses and one barb fitting in the stage 2 kit :furious:

Any help would be much appreciated


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Machined stainless exhaust manifold plug (Weeks Kit Stag
PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2015 8:31 pm 
Offline
LOST Junkie
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:29 pm
Posts: 708
Location: Minnesota
RedMod wrote:
Does anyone have a copy of the installations instructions for the Weeks Stage 2 Egr Delete. I purchased both some time back and never opened the box. Now that I finally got around to having and egr leak with coolant finding it's way into the cylinders I finally decided to begin the project I should have completed years ago. But I can not find any instructions anywhere. None in the box. None with the parts. I have searched through all sorts of web engines and no clear instructions. Stage 1 is uncomplicated even for me. But I have and Egr cooler with many hoses and one barb fitting in the stage 2 kit :furious:

Any help would be much appreciated


I PM'ed and emailed you a link to the PDF instructions.

:JEEPIN: Just email me next time: https://shop.sasquatchparts.com/contact/

_________________
Supporting Vendor

SasquatchParts.com
VM Motori Parts & Performance​

Jeep Liberty 2.8L CRD
RAM 1500 3.0L EcoDiesel
Jeep Grand Cherokee 3.0L EcoDiesel
Chevy Colorado/GMC Canyon 2.8L Duramax​


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Machined stainless exhaust manifold plug (Weeks Kit Stag
PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 1:12 am 
Offline
LOST Newbie

Joined: Sat Jan 23, 2016 10:37 pm
Posts: 2
Image

All my parts from installing Stage 1 & 2 kits now just have to get it flashed. Going to get the transmission done too.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Machined stainless exhaust manifold plug (Weeks Kit Stag
PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 11:39 pm 
Offline
LOST Newbie
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2016 1:14 am
Posts: 47
Location: Woodinville
Image

stage 1&2 installed today... many funky parts. so nice to be rid of the hydrolock risk form the cooling system running though the EGR >.>

thanks for putting this product together!

_________________
2006 KJ CRD Sport


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Machined stainless exhaust manifold plug (Weeks Kit Stag
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 12:59 pm 
Offline
LOST Junkie
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:29 pm
Posts: 708
Location: Minnesota
Dirus wrote:
thanks for putting this product together!

:rockon:

_________________
Supporting Vendor

SasquatchParts.com
VM Motori Parts & Performance​

Jeep Liberty 2.8L CRD
RAM 1500 3.0L EcoDiesel
Jeep Grand Cherokee 3.0L EcoDiesel
Chevy Colorado/GMC Canyon 2.8L Duramax​


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Machined stainless exhaust manifold plug (Weeks Kit Stag
PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 4:41 pm 
Offline
LOST Member

Joined: Sat Jul 10, 2010 7:38 pm
Posts: 178
Location: The Dalles, OR.
Done! Have some issues unrelated to the kit. This is a full day job doing both by the way! DO NOT attempt this if you are not mechanically inclined!!! Didn't help that I had to redo a bunch of wiring looms that were brittle with a lot of exposed wires. Also my intake manifold was seriously caked with soot and spent an hour or two scraping and wire brushing and vacuuming to get it half way decent (140k of buildup). On a side not though the instructions call for possible issues with removing the inner front bolt of the factory intake elbow . Make it easy and leave it till last. use a short extension to break it loose then rotate the whole elbow to gain access to it. then it's easy to get to. Now for my issue (kinda a witch session per se) The steel EGR manifold bolts (removed on the stage 2 kit) go into an aluminum block. Now I don't know how the factory installs these but I bought this Libby because a dealership recently installed a new timing belt, EGR cooler and EGR valve. What chaps my butt is the idiots not only didn't retorque a bunch of bolts causing boost leaks but reinstalled these EGR manifold bolts dry with NO never cease. NEVER install a steel bolt into an aluminum anything dry unless you don't EVER want it to come out. There is an electrolysis that occurs between the two differing metals that weld them together! something as simple as a drop of oil will greatly help. Now I have ONE bold holding on my entire EGR assembly that has the head stripped off it (after breaking two Craftsman 10 mm sockets the 3rd one just stripped the head) and after about 6 hours of futile attempts I will either need to pull the transmission so I can torch the head off or leave it there for all eternity. Since I just had the tranny rebuilt last week it will probably be the ladder. Fshew! I feel better...

First thing I noticed now after installation is how quiet it is! No turbo whine from boost leaks!

_________________
GDE FT Ecotune, EHM, Weeks kit stage 1 & 2, Carter 4600 lift pump, Upgraded tranny, Fishing boat hauler!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Machined stainless exhaust manifold plug (Weeks Kit Stag
PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:05 pm 
Offline
LOST Addict
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 27, 2016 9:12 pm
Posts: 2009
Location: Oregon Coast Dairy Country. Land of stumps, dumps, and "Liquid Pumps"
DieselJeepLuvr wrote:
Done! Didn't help that I had to redo a bunch of wiring looms that were brittle with a lot of exposed wires. Also my intake manifold was seriously caked with soot and spent an hour or two scraping and wire brushing and vacuuming to get it half way decent (140k of buildup).

Aren't you glad you had a reason to do this and catch all these potential problems before you had to chase them down later?

DieselJeepLuvr wrote:
The steel EGR manifold bolts (removed on the stage 2 kit) go into an aluminum block. Now I don't know how the factory installs these but I bought this Libby because a dealership recently installed a new timing belt, EGR cooler and EGR valve. What chaps my butt is the idiots not only didn't retorque a bunch of bolts causing boost leaks but reinstalled these EGR manifold bolts dry with NO never cease. NEVER install a steel bolt into an aluminum anything dry unless you don't EVER want it to come out. There is an electrolysis that occurs between the two differing metals that weld them together! something as simple as a drop of oil will greatly help. Now I have ONE bold holding on my entire EGR assembly that has the head stripped off it (after breaking two Craftsman 10 mm sockets the 3rd one just stripped the head) and after about 6 hours of futile attempts I will either need to pull the transmission so I can torch the head off or leave it there for all eternity. Since I just had the tranny rebuilt last week it will probably be the ladder.

Why not use a die grinder, or better yet, a 4" angle grinder with a cutting disk, and just chop it out? If it's being thrown away as mine was, it really doesn't matter how cleanly it comes out, right?


DieselJeepLuvr wrote:
First thing I noticed now after installation is how quiet it is! No turbo whine from boost leaks!

:pepper: :rockon: :BANANA:

_________________
'06 Lbrty Sprt CRD 150K

Sasquatch
DSS Turbo
CAT-elimntr
Weeks Stg1&2 EGRfix
PV-200
BLING
vent gauges

IDParts
head
cams
rockers
Timing set
ARP studs
eTn1 GX2123 5v GPs

YETI Custom Tune
Flowmaster 8325508
Carter P76611M
GM 12611872
Hayden 2986
GM 15976889
PATC Custom Billet
2010 Ram Hemi Trans
Sonnax 44957
Transgo kit
Cooper 51770


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Machined stainless exhaust manifold plug (Weeks Kit Stag
PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:58 am 
Offline
LOST Newbie

Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:46 pm
Posts: 90
Location: Pinedale, Wyoming
The steel bolts holding most things on the motor are coated at the bolt factory. I work with steel and aluminum and a lot of bolts are not coated and I have no issues.



DieselJeepLuvr wrote:
What chaps my butt is the idiots not only didn't retorque a bunch of bolts causing boost leaks but reinstalled these EGR manifold bolts dry with NO never cease. NEVER install a steel bolt into an aluminum anything dry unless you don't EVER want it to come out. There is an electrolysis that occurs between the two differing metals that weld them together! something as simple as a drop of oil will greatly help


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Machined stainless exhaust manifold plug (Weeks Kit Stag
PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 12:02 am 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:17 pm
Posts: 1330
Location: Cle Elum, Washington
All my parts from installing Stage 1 & 2 kits now just have to get it flashed. Going to get the transmission done too.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk[/quote]

What do you mean "Get it flashed"?

_________________
2006 KJ CRD Ltd - Suncoast, GDE Eco, EGR Delete, After market T-Stat, Skid Row skids, V6 airbox, 2.5" Turbo back
2005 KJ CRD Sport-Suncoast, Transco, GDE Hot-GDE Trans, EGR Delete, Skid Row skids, V6 airbox, 2.5" Turbo back, After market S-Stat
1987 Suzuki LWB Samurai -diesel powered, custom 4 link coil suspension 38.5 SX Swampers


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Machined stainless exhaust manifold plug (Weeks Kit Stag
PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:44 pm 
Offline
LOST Addict

Joined: Fri Jun 22, 2007 11:43 am
Posts: 4347
Location: Green Cove Springs FL
CRD Joe wrote:
All my parts from installing Stage 1 & 2 kits now just have to get it flashed. Going to get the transmission done too.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk


What do you mean "Get it flashed"?[/quote]
He means writing a tune to the ECM that eliminates the EGR and FCV codes.

_________________
Bought my '05 CRD on June 2nd '07, used with 29,000 miles.
intake elbow and EGR delete. 5 volt bosch glow plugs
Yeti stage 2 ECU tune. Straight pipe exhaust. DIY intercooler hoses
Provent and modified factory 180F thermostat
Replaced cylinder head (cracked) at 160,000 miles + ARP studs
2.5 inch lift, JBA upper arms, 235-85-16 tires.
Still love it.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Machined stainless exhaust manifold plug (Weeks Kit Stag
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 12:08 am 
Offline
LOST Newbie

Joined: Sat Jan 21, 2017 4:57 am
Posts: 1
Just wanted to say that the Weeks Stage 1 and 2 went on this weekend, along with a Stage 2 flash. I am VERY impressed with the new performance and the fact I no longer am polluting my intake!
The kit is well designed, and includes almost everything needed, just had to get some good high temp RTV. It took almost 3 hours for me to install both kits, the flashing I did ahead of time on Friday to make sure it would work. The most difficult part was getting that EGR cooler out.
Owned the KJ for about a year, and here is where I did a bunch of my research before buying. Granted my buddies still call it the "Barbie Jeep", the springs are sagging and will be the next thing to be addressed. It has been a great commuter and kid hauler for me. Now to make it look a little more manly!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Machined stainless exhaust manifold plug (Weeks Kit Stag
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 9:34 pm 
Offline
LOST Newbie

Joined: Sat Jun 23, 2018 9:53 pm
Posts: 88
Location: WNC
Be gone you useless and harmful pile of doo doo...

Image

_________________
05 CRD
GDE Eco Full Torque & Towing TCM Tune
Suncoast, TransGo HD2, Sonnax Line Pressure Booster, upgraded Mopar pump/springs
Weeks' Stage 1 & 2
ProVent 200
Samco Hoses
V6 Airbox
Cummins In Tank Pump
2nd Gen Fuel Filter Head,
Donaldson P551313 Secondary Filter
Fumoto valve
OME lift, JBA UCAs
Backbone Winch Mount


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 132 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group. Color scheme by ColorizeIt!
Logo by pixeldecals.com