It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:44 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Local LOST club changes
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 8:39 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Local LOST Club changes info:

I would like to talk about this and hope that all members in the local clubs PLEASE take the time to read this. I would like to start out by saying this is not pointing the finger at any person or group and I am only doing this to help clear a few things up for the local clubs.

When LOST was set up by TX Wally… me and a few other guys we taking on task to get things done to make it a great place for the KJ folks.

There was really no plan at first to do local clubs…Just a cool website to see what mods were being done. In no time at all TX Wally and I talked on the phone and decided that we would start a local club first in So-Cal just to see how things would go over. We only stated with 3 members

Needless to say it went over very big. We came up with a set of bylaws to use as a guide line to keep things very positive and heading in the right directions.

Those bylaws are still in the National section for guys to download to start a club. We also came up with a Hold Harmless form to use on all runs. This form can also be downloaded from the National section as well.

As time went on other guys in other areas wanted to start their local club and man it has really grown. I know that sometimes a large area local club might start up and then it might be best to split it to smaller clubs.

I am not in your area so it would be hard for me to say what is right for your area and club. We try and let all the local clubs run their own stuff.

I know that one day the So-Cal club (LOST KJ West) will split so that the San Diego guys can run their own club. We have some great friends in the San Diego area and it will happen some day and I think it will be a good thing.

So I guess my point…Again I am not saying this is the case at all…I just want guys to know that there is nothing wrong with a club splitting to a smaller club as long as everyone knows about it and it is done not because of problems between members.

Again I am not saying that is the case so don’t even start on this…I mean if members are having problems working together…then splitting the club would just take those same problems to other clubs. If this is ever the case …it just needs to get worked out.

If someone feels a club should split to fit more of a local area and it will work better then please take the time to talk to folks about it and work towards getting that done. Let everyone know that it is not a member issue or anything like that. It will work for some and not for others… But you can just stick with the club that works for you.

I and a few others are always there to try and help work this out. We are always up for a new club to start as long as they are active, work towards putting some kind of run or get gatherings in place…even if it is just a meet and eat.

The folks starting it must be active…don’t just start a club to start a club. It is a TON of work and you have to stay very active to move it forward. Please let me know what we can do to help. We do try and let the club run everything themselves but we will step in to help if the club wants us to.

I do not want this to turn into an issue that we are all upset about. Lets all keep moving forward and in a positive direction. You can always email me or PM me to help with questions.

I am always willing to email my phone numbers to talk on the phone about it as well. The LOST group is very strong and the local clubs are doing great. Everyone keep up the great job and help when ever possible. Hope this helps to clear this up. Later…Clint

KE7JLP

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 10:22 pm 
Mr. Machine
Mr. Machine

Thanks, Clint, for the thoughts and words you put into the post.

I sometimes wish, when new members come into the flock, that they could 'apprentice' with the West organization for a bit. Attend a meeting and go on a trail run. It really helps get a feel for the LOST culture you guys have cemented. I know that it has helped me in working with the new guys in NorCal in terms of safety, trail manners, etc.

Thanks again.

mt

02 Red Libby w/Frankenlift, Full armor incl AllJ stuff, 245 MTRs on Cragars, ARB locker, custom rack, K&N FIPK, 8000lb winch, RE rear LCAs, Optima Yellow Top, RL Rear Bumper, Custom Front Bumper
98 TJ w/5.5" RE Long arm lift, ARB front/rear, 35x12.5, Borla, Warn winch, Teralow, etc., etc..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 10:29 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Thanks for your kind words Matt. I feel so lucky to be such a small part in such an outstanding group of folks. Later...Clint

KE7JLP

Post subject: louisiana boy here
PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 5:58 am 
LOST Newbie

hey clint,

are there any clubs around the louisiana area? i dont see too many people from down here in the forums. am i alone???

help me im "L.O.S.T."

K&N FIPK Intake
a few sounds mods and that's it.