It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 2:06 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: San Diego area anyone?
PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 8:18 pm 
LOST Newbie

I'm new to the San Diego area and was wondering if there were any good places to wheel around here... My 02 KJ limited is still stock for now, as i have a child on the way and the Navy doesn't pay that much lol. I was told there was an ORV park in Alpine? Not far from here... but don't really know anything about it. What i do know is that i need to get back in the great outdoors and go wheeling or i'm going to go crazy lol. If anyone from the area knows any good places to go around here and would like to plan a day trip or something let me know... I'm really itching to see how the liberty performs off road.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 9:30 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

I'm in the San Diego area for a couple more months, there are a couple others here and there in this area. Usually go north with the group to do all my wheeling, check out the KJ West meeting post on 6 May.

You should really think of joining up with the KJ West group, they are an awesome group, and go out of thier way to help out. I wish I was staying in the area longer to enjoy them more, and the Big Bear Run.

Where you stationed at? I am at the Hosp School house now, but graduateing in July.

06 Dodge 2500 Diesel - Tow Pig
89 Wrangler not much left stock on it

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 10:32 pm 
LOST Member

i believe the OHV near alpine is closed. i know there is an open place, out 8 called pancake mesa, but we've never been. we have borrego springs a few times. many parts are suitable for a stock vehicle. there's only a few weeks left to go there before its just too bloody hot!

our club has a trip planned for Big Bear in July that you should consider. that's just over 2 hours away.

btw, we're in La Mesa

99 Wrangler Sport, Amethyst *~* 9500 lb Mile Marker Winch *~* Bestop Mesh Windows *~* Michelin LTX M/S *~* Custom Rock Shift Knob *~* Cobra 75 WX ST *~* 3" Boulder Bars *~* Full Husky Liners *~* Aiwa Deck *~* JKS Disco's *~* Garmin 60 CS *~* Kilby Gas tank skid *~* Poison Spyder Diff Ring

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 11:39 pm 
LOST Newbie

LOL, July really isn't a good time for me... My wife is due july 6th, so i'm pretty sure that that'll be a no go. I'm currently going to school on NAS North Island. I'm supposed to be graduating in august, then i'll either be staying here or getting stationed in Hawaii.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 7:37 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Congrats on the young one and pack that kid up and get 'em wheelin'! :wink: Just keep an eye on this forum and I am sure a run or two will pop up between now and July.

03 SFA KJ Sport
LOST JEEPS So-Cal

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 12:10 am 
LOST Newbie

i'll definately be turning wheeling into a family sport... when i was home on christmas leave, i got the wife hooked on driving my yota lol until she had it so stuck that you couldn't see the 35" tires. she's never been rock crawling though, so i'm going to have to introduce her to it. I wanted to take her to Clayton oklahoma wich is where i used to wheel all the time, but a broken ring gear the weekend before we were scheduled to go put a stop to that lol. and she refuses to ride in my samurai lmfao

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 10:18 pm 
LOST Newbie

I'm going to the Anza Borrego Desert again Friday April 28th to show someone the 3.5 Million year old animal tracks. It will be an easy 4WD trail that your stock Liberty can easily make. If you are interested let me know and I will pass on the details.
Dave

SanDiegoDave Member #270
2002 3.7L V6 Liberty 4X4 Steel Blue
Skids, Rock rails, Roof Rack, ARB rear Air Locker
Rancho RSX front struts and rear shocks
K&N air intake, Flowmaster 50 series muffler
2.5” Old Man Emu spring lift front
LT245/75R16 BFG A/T KO's

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 1:00 pm 
LOST Newbie

about how far away, and what time are you going... i might be interested, but most likely our schedules aren't going to match up. I probably won't get off until like 1-2 on friday.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 1:31 am 
LOST Newbie

It takes so long to just drive into the desert we like to start early and make it a day.
We're meeting at 9:00 at the Tamarisk campground where the 20 Long Eared Owls are then entering Split Mountain at around 10:00.

If you can’t make this trip let me know when you have a free day and I’ll take you on a tour of our local desert.
Dave