It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:25 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 1st Annual Halloween Pumpkin Bash
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 4:02 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Hey LOST West, this is Brian from the NorCal LOST. I am trying to organize this event and have been thinking about it for a while. Personally, I have only been a member of the NorCal for about a little over a month, but I want to get eveyone more involved like you guys. AND NO YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO BASH PUMPKINS, SORRY. Although if you want to provide them, we can try and pose on them like some of the XJ guys...you know I'm only kidding Matt and Mike.

I talked with Clint and Matt (lilmatty) a lot in Big Bear and I began to think that an event might actually draw a crowd like you West guys always do! We NorCalers need to get more KJs out there wheelin and pass on the fun.

Here is my evil scheme, ok well not really evil, for a KJ event put on by us NorCalers. Something around Halloween just like the Calico Turkey Crawl on Thanksgiving. Let me know what you think, but I have set dates for October 28, 29, and 30 of this year. It is a Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. Its about a little over a month from now and that may be some short notice for some. These are days that I have off. We do not have to make this a weekend long ride however. Let me know what you guys think about this and we can get the wheels in motion.

I just want to see if any of the West guys would be willing to make a trip up here to come and do a combined North and So. Cal run that would be an annual event. We could really draw a crowd I think. Sorry for cluttering your forums with this message, but I just wanted to see who would be interested and to get the word out there.

Some of the venues I was looking at were the several SVRA parks we have in NorCal (i.e. Hollister Hills, Carnagie, among others...) or if anyone has any other bright ideas let me know. I only thought the SVRAs would be nice because they have plenty of room to accomidate a lot of campers and a lot for KJs on the trails. Although with the suggestion of Matt (lilmatty), he thinks that it would be nice to do a long loop type trail, 5+ hours. I personally would like to do trails too, but it is sometimes hard to find 5+ hour trails. Let me know what you guys think.

I figured this would be a good way for some NorCalers, like myself, to meet each other and to meet some of the West guys who started this great club to begin with.

Let me know how you feel, what your thoughts are, and so on. I think we could even get those fancy schmansy plaques for the dashboard that you West guys give out.

This could be a blast for years to come. Let me know and take er easy!

Brian

'05 Yellow TJ Rubicon 6spd

Click here for my Jeep Mods

Redneck Yacht Club for life!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 7:50 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Idea sounds Ok, but I'll be in AZ running the Tank mtn. trails.

03 SFA KJ Sport
LOST JEEPS So-Cal

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 11:11 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

So far us NorCalers have sort of decided to run Cow Mountain on Nov 5th if anyone is interested. I think the event will be talked about and planned out a little better when we meet for this run. I just think it would be good if we helped out by adding another event. You West guys take the cake for events, Moab, Big Bear, Calico, etc. Thanks for the imput JJ :D Have fun at Tank Mt. You bringing the KJ or the big blue XJ?

'05 Yellow TJ Rubicon 6spd

Click here for my Jeep Mods

Redneck Yacht Club for life!!