It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:21 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Jeep Show & Shine in Lancaster
PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 11:03 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Hunter Jeep in Lancaster, Ca. is having their 1st Annual Jeep Show & shine.
It is on Sat. Oct 15 from 9am- 4pm.

They are having an RTI contest and slowest crawl contest. There will be prizes for Best equipped Jeep, Peoples choice and trophys given out.

There will be a CA4WDC display, Dash plaques, Bounce House for the kids.

I know several folks will be up in DV, but anyone else want to drive up to the High Desert and represent KJ WEST and L.O.S.T. with me?
I will have our clubs info, membership forms, My photo album, etc. with me to show off. I will be taking both the KJ & XJ.

Anyhow, PLMK and we will work out the details.
John

03 SFA KJ Sport
LOST JEEPS So-Cal

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 10:06 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Awww come on you Folks that are not going to DV.... Lets make a showing up here in the High Desert. There are quite a few of us up here. Anyone? Bueler? Hello? Is this thing on?! :roll:

03 SFA KJ Sport
LOST JEEPS So-Cal

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 12:10 pm 
LOST Addict

JJsKJ wrote:
Awww come on you Folks that are not going to DV.... Lets make a showing up here in the High Desert. There are quite a few of us up here. Anyone? Bueler? Hello? Is this thing on?! :roll:

If it had been any other weekend ... (yeah, I'm going to DV)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 9:21 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Just in case anyone cares....

This Jeep dealer is pretty good to deal with and so far mod friendly. They are a member of CA4WDC, and a few of their employees wheel and have sweet modded Jeeps.
They have honored every warranty claim I have thrown at them, front diff, control arms, sensor prob, etc. and other than a bad apple service writer, their service dept. is good.
Anyhow, what I am getting at is it would be great PR for our club to have at least a few L.O.S.T. KJ WEST folks there. I am also going to be hitting them up for space to do a meeting while there.

So, if you are not going to DV, whatcha gonna do for a fun time this Sat?
Hmmmm???? :roll:

03 SFA KJ Sport
LOST JEEPS So-Cal

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 10:46 pm 
Moderator / Lifetime Member
Moderator / Lifetime Member

Oh good grief JJ...send me some kind of directions on how to get there from here. I'm sure Tilli and I can sit there and look cute :roll:

LOST JEEPS So-Cal
Just a Jeep
named "Sammy"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 11:45 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Hey John,
Sorry I cant make it down for this. I have prior comitments made. I do think with a couple more bribes you will get another vehicle or 2 :P. You are right though it would be great exposure for the club to get out there and be reconized. With the new website and the PR in upcoming magazines, a few visual in the public eye would be in order. Heres a suggestion, why dont we start having meet and greets around different areas in So-cal. This would be great exposure for the club and the vehicles that are the highlight.

Brian

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 7:35 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Addy is:
Hunter Jeep
1130 Auto Mall Dr
Lancaster CA

They want show participants to be there by 0900. The show starts around 1100 and ends at 1400 I believe.

THANKS to Anyone that can attend!

03 SFA KJ Sport
LOST JEEPS So-Cal

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 11:54 am 
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

JJsKJ wrote:
Addy is:
Hunter Jeep
1130 Auto Mall Dr
Lancaster CA

They want show participants to be there by 0900. The show starts around 1100 and ends at 1400 I believe.

THANKS to Anyone that can attend!

Let them know that several members are participating in a run, but that next year they'll see a really good turnout. I think that with enough notice, we can get a pretty good group together.

Anyone not going to DV that can make this event, it would be great exposure to our club. When other dealers see the kind of support they can get from off road clubs, they tend to become more lift friendly.

Ed

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 12:52 pm 
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Has anyone thought about getting a display booth. You know, for shows, expos and stuff like that. I know to get a spot on the floor of an expo, like Mario had, cost a small fortune, but for things like the car show or other public events. A place to organize and give out info, and maybe have a KJ all decked out for display. This might bring more interest then a group of people milling around. And maybe draw some media too. I have a few connections at Skyline O.C. www.skylineoc.com/ and I think, I can find someone to do the photography and design work. (He works mostly for beer ;-) )

Do any of you head people have any interest in something like this? I'll do the leg work.

-Burchie

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 9:41 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Great 1st time turn out for the Jeep show. Lots of nice rigs from this area and the dealer was cool. Local Jeep club, "Jeeps Limited" & "High Desert Four Wheelers" sponsored the show. I ran into a local couple from Edwards AFB, Sorry I don't recall your names. They were driving a nice new 05 w/ Lift and AT's and had just been wheeling in Big Bear recently. Also ran into another local New 05 KJ owner that is on this forum, eratik/Ryan. Good meeting some new, local KJ owners.
Here's some pics.
Got a 621 on the RTI ramp w/ rear swaybar on.

Did a little better w/ the XJ, scoring a 934!

Lots of nice Jeeps, including a couple w/ Hemi transplants. THis one though was Way Over the Top, sporting a Hemi, Rockjocks front and rear and lotsa goodies.

It was a decent 1st time show for this dealer and I hope they do more in the future. They are definately improving their image in the Jeep community. Thanks to Hunter Jeep and High Desert Four Wheelers/ Jeeps Limited for the show!

03 SFA KJ Sport
LOST JEEPS So-Cal