It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:37 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: California CRDs
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 6:45 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

I posted this in the CRD area as it relates to that KJ but thought it might work as well here in the Southern California area:

As CRDs were never sold new in CA how many folks here have one now? Did you move here, buy it out of state or buy it used here? I know of one sales lot in Norco that seems to have two or three at any time (& also GC Bluetechs) and makes a business of 'importing' them.Any special things about CRD life in CA, like dealers who actually understand them, biodiesel use, fuel choices? Is there a Southern California CRD Club? Especially would like to find a good place for parts & services in Southern California ahead of time so I know where to take it if necessary.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 6:20 pm 
LOST Newbie

I got mine used from a dealer in Dallas and drove it back home to SoCal. I haven't had any problems with using the Biodiesel (B99) from ConservFuel in Brentwood. For maintenence, I use Big Valley Dodge/Chrysler/Jeep. I don't love them, but I haven't found any other options in my area. I'm really hoping someone else chimes in with somewhere they're liking!

I love my CRD!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 2:20 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

mdrsteve wrote:
I got mine used from a dealer in Dallas and drove it back home to SoCal. I haven't had any problems with using the Biodiesel (B99) from ConservFuel in Brentwood. For maintenence, I use Big Valley Dodge/Chrysler/Jeep. I don't love them, but I haven't found any other options in my area. I'm really hoping someone else chimes in with somewhere they're liking!

I love my CRD!!!

You can use yourself for maintenance...best option IMO cause you know its done right the first time :wink: Cheaper too 8)

'05 Yellow TJ Rubicon 6spd

Click here for my Jeep Mods

Redneck Yacht Club for life!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 2:54 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Your best bet is a dealer that sells/ services Cummins or Sprinter Vans

even where they sold CRD's they didn't do enough training or volume
for the techs to understand how to troubleshoot them

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 11:33 pm 
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

I was thinking the same thing until diesel hit the roof. Now it’s just not worth it.

Post subject: Re: California CRDs
PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 3:49 am 
LOST Newbie

I'm in LA county (south bay), bought and had my new CRD shipped from a dealer in Indiana to NM and had it registered there for the last two years. I just registered it here, had no problems doing so btw. I get B100 from the LA Co-op, and I've taken it to 2 different dealers locally for some recalls and sevice.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 9:50 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

I'm in Ojai, bought mine new in Las Vegas, drove it straight back, ran around the area for a year and registered it here no problems.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 5:22 pm 
LOST Member

Had mine trucked over from texas, used, law says >7.5k odo and your good to go. I've had no problems yet.

As far as service, there's nothing to service. Complex tech would be... nothing, it's just turning bolts, if they can wrench a gasser they can wrench a crd. Point is these engines don't have any problems. Fuel head and tc are about the only things to think about when it comes to dealer service, and any shop can do those items.

Post subject: just moved here
PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 3:30 am 
LOST Newbie

My wife and I just recently moved here from the east coast. Originally from Europe. We are looking forward in meeting up and riding along in this great state. Let us know. CRD's !!!