It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:58 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 12:56 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Anyone else still planning on attending? I'm hoiping I'll be off work but i never know till a day or 2 beforehand....

AEV 3.5" RS Lift; Schrockworks FR bumper and Warn 9.5ti winch; Cobra 75 CB; Rigid 50" LED light bar; Adventure Trailers (AT Overland) JK Kitchen setup in the cargo area.
Southern L.O.S.T. # 236487

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 9:40 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

I can't make this run. Will have to figure out another time to get out there.
If anyone can still go, Please do and represent! It is for a good cause!

Anyone interested in May 3rd instead in Anza?? Check out the thread for that trip.

03 SFA KJ Sport
LOST JEEPS So-Cal

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 3:52 pm 
LOST Newbie

Still think I will be there. With my son. Don't know if we are going to stay overnight though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 2:14 pm 
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

If anyone can make this run, please try to do so.
I will probably be out of town on Sat., but if I'm able to change thins, then I'll be there Saturday only.
Here is some additional information that I just received:

Directions to the camp and project site. The project description is shown below.

>From Barstow: Take I 40 east to the Goffs Road exit. I think that it is Exit 107. Turn left at the bottom of the offramp and go under the highway. (Look for the CA4WDC sign) In about a quarter of a mile you will pass the most expensive gas station in California, $5.29 for Regular, so I hope that you topped off in town, as this is the last gas before the Mojave Road. The convenience store is 'reasonably' priced. Continue on Goffs Road for about 10 miles and turn left at Lanfair Road. (Look for the CA4WDC sign) If you miss Lanfair Road and cross the railroad tracks, turn around, you've gone too far. [FYI: The Goffs Schoolhouse is at the corner of Goffs Road and Lanfair Road] Continue north on Lanfair Road for about 17 miles. Look for Cedar Canyon Road on the left. Just past Cedar Canyon Road, turn right on to the AT&T Cable Route. (Look for the CA4WDC sign) Continue east about 6 miles to the campsite. The road is good for high clearance vehicles with a couple of sandy washes.

>From Twentynine Palms: Take Highway 62 to National Trails Highway/Route 66, turn right. Continue on through Amboy, Danby and Essex. Just past Essex, turn left on Goffs Road. Go under I 40 and follow same directions as above.

Be alert on the drive out and back. There will be a lot of bikes on the road, as our project coincides with the Laughlin River Run. It will be a Hog Heaven.

The nearest motel is in Needles. There is no specific site for motorhome parking, and the Cable Route IS NOT motorhome accessible. Camping rules in the Mojave Preserve prevail.

Camping at the work site is primitive, pack it in pack it out. A porta-potti will be on site. Campfire each night, bring wood.

Tools helpful: Shovels, picks, pry bars, wheelbarrows, small trailers, pickup trucks, gloves, eye protection, hats, sunscreen, water. Drinking water will be available on site too.

We're gonna be throwing a lot of rocks!

Dinner will be provided for all volunteers on Saturday, April 26.

CB Channel 10
Harry Baker's cell # 818-370-3582
Helen Baker's cell # 818-823-1154

Contact by email or home phone will only be available until 0400 hours on April 24, after that, call the cell numbers. Service is spotty, leave a message.

Weather forecast - low 80's during the day, high 60's at night. Perfect for camping out under the stars.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 7:04 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Anyone ever hear back from Jeff on this??

03 SFA KJ Sport
LOST JEEPS So-Cal

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 7:40 pm 
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

JJsKJ wrote:
Anyone ever hear back from Jeff on this??

He still hasn't read the PM I sent him on the 12th.
He's probably out partying somewhere...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 12:33 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Still hoping to make it if I don't ahve to work Saturday. Plan is to leave after work Friday and drive up there to camp Friday and be ready to go to work first thing Saturday. Time will tell though.

AEV 3.5" RS Lift; Schrockworks FR bumper and Warn 9.5ti winch; Cobra 75 CB; Rigid 50" LED light bar; Adventure Trailers (AT Overland) JK Kitchen setup in the cargo area.
Southern L.O.S.T. # 236487

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 12:08 am 
Moderator / Lifetime Member

Hey...whats up ? Huh ...What...where...? (im rarely online anymore...best to call the cell phone ).

Sorry guys I can't make this trip. Gotta work this weekend :(

I did get to goto Big Bear last weekend and looking to go on the 3rd as well if anyone's up for it.

8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 1:23 am 
LOST Newbie

Turned out that I will not be able to make it. :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 10:07 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

jpzkj wrote:
Hey...whats up ? Huh ...What...where...? (im rarely online anymore...best to call the cell phone ).

I did get to goto Big Bear last weekend and looking to go on the 3rd as well if anyone's up for it.

8)

Dude! Go to Anza on the 3rd w/ all the cool kids!! 8) you know you wanna.
BTW, I didn't see you up there last weekend....then again maybe that is because my XB wouldn't make it up that trail I tried. :? What did you do last weekend up there and how come no invite to the group? You are such a lone wolf these days!! :roll:
:lol: :wink:

03 SFA KJ Sport
LOST JEEPS So-Cal

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 10:43 pm 

Yeah I've been kinda "lone wolfin " it for sure. Lots going on...making any long term plans is kinda hard lately, it's more of a "go when I can" situation right now. And yeah...next weekend up in BB again is the plan. Mike R and the XJ guys are doing it up...

Last weekend was Jacoby and Gold Mtn backwards. I went with a 4 runner from 4wd trips.org. Seems like Gold Mtn was a little harder ? the rock garden was open ...but really easy.

JJsKJ wrote:
jpzkj wrote:

8)

Dude! Go to Anza on the 3rd w/ all the cool kids!! 8) you know you wanna.
BTW, I didn't see you up there last weekend....then again maybe that is because my XB wouldn't make it up that trail I tried. :? What did you do last weekend up there and how come no invite to the group? You are such a lone wolf these days!! :roll:
:lol: :wink:
8)