It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:41 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 87 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 4:16 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

It really doesn't look like I will be moved by then. I was hoping to be out there by August, but my house hasn't sold. My company has told me to lower the heck out of the price and they will make up the differance, but I still don't think I will get it sold and moved in time for this run.

06 KJ Limited
10 JK Unlimited Rubicon
14 JK Unlimited Rubicon
14 KL Cherokee Trail Hawk

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 11:28 am 
LOST Addict

That sucks Taz. I'll keep my fingers crossed though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 2:55 pm 
The Cake is a Lie!
The Cake is a Lie!

KJ Taz wrote:
It really doesn't look like I will be moved by then. I was hoping to be out there by August, but my house hasn't sold. My company has told me to lower the heck out of the price and they will make up the differance, but I still don't think I will get it sold and moved in time for this run.

Yea the real estate market really sucks right now. At least its a good time to buy in Vegas. We have one of the highest rates of foreclosure in the country. If I sold my house today for what the market is bringing right now I would take a $110k bath on the sale. I bought at the worst time. Now I am just hoping that the market will recover to the point that I will be able to break even someday. But on that's good news for you because it's a buyers market right now. Since the Federal Reserve didn't lower interest rates again last month maybe it means we've hit the bottom (or they are just worried about inflation more than a recession :roll: ).

But enough gloom and doom. It's too bad that you won't be out here for the run. But there will be others I am sure. Who knows, maybe we will get enough activity here to start our own LOST club. Not that I have anything against the SoCal bunch, but it would be nice to have enough representation and activity to support a LOST NV.

CRD Frankenlift II, Rock Lizard Rear Bumper, Mann Provent, GDE FT-ECO Tune, "Euro Torque Converter, Transgo 545RFE-H2 Shift Kit, 245/75 MT/R's on Moabs, Full Mopar Skids, Front Tow Hooks, CAT 2 Fuel filter and bleeder valve mod, Fumoto valve, Wahlbro Lift Pump, Custom 2 1/2" Exhaust

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 3:15 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Lets keep our fingers crossed!

06 KJ Limited
10 JK Unlimited Rubicon
14 JK Unlimited Rubicon
14 KL Cherokee Trail Hawk

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 7:21 pm 
LOST Member

I have done the other two trails I that we have talked about and I'm completely stock Rene. I have never done both sides of potato, just the side from red rock. I have heard its worst of the other side. I always wanted to do bitter springs just to check it out, I think its around 26 miles. As long as I'm off another day you guys wanted to do a run I'm in also. We deff. need to get more peeps from Vegas to meet up often.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 7:20 pm 
LOST Addict

So, the 10th seems to be a done deal.

I vote Potato Ridge from the Pahrump side that way we can avoid the park entrance fee in Red Rock. :wink:

As far as another day goes, Wednesday or Thursday sound good to me. I take off on Friday the 15th. If you guys want to run Bitter Springs instead of Wheeler Pass that is cool too. I just wanna wheel. :twisted:

We need an actual List of people going too so...

August 10th-Potato Ridge:
1. Incubusmike

August 13th or 14th-Wheeler Pass or Bitter Springs
1. Incubusmike

(just copy and paste, and then add your name to the list)

I pmed 0311_Doc and cfreelv711. It looks like 0311_Doc has read my message but not cfreelv711. Hopefully they can make it and join us for some fun.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 12:12 pm 
LOST Member

1. Incubusmike
2. PoorMtnKid

August 13th or 14th-Wheeler Pass or Bitter Springs
1. Incubusmike
2. PoorMtnKid- 13th would be best. Lets try to get an exact date so I can get the day off for sure

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 12:13 pm 
LOST Addict

1. Incubusmike
2. PoorMtnKid

August 13th-Wheeler Pass or Bitter Springs
1. Incubusmike
2. PoorMtnKid

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 2:45 pm 
The Cake is a Lie!
The Cake is a Lie!

1. Incubusmike
2. PoorMtnKid
3. Mrkake

1. Incubusmike
2. PoorMtnKid
3. Mrkake (80% sure right now)

CRD Frankenlift II, Rock Lizard Rear Bumper, Mann Provent, GDE FT-ECO Tune, "Euro Torque Converter, Transgo 545RFE-H2 Shift Kit, 245/75 MT/R's on Moabs, Full Mopar Skids, Front Tow Hooks, CAT 2 Fuel filter and bleeder valve mod, Fumoto valve, Wahlbro Lift Pump, Custom 2 1/2" Exhaust

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 7:40 pm 
LOST Addict

mrkake wrote:
1. Incubusmike
2. PoorMtnKid
3. Mrkake

1. Incubusmike
2. PoorMtnKid

Let's keep the head count going but we need to decide what time to do the trails at. Not sure where Xodius and Doug are on here but I say the earlier we can get out on the trails the better... at least if it is a reasonable hour :shock:. That way we can beat the heat and depending on how the trail goes, we can still have a fair amount of day left. What time do you all want to meet up at before we run the trail?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 8:47 pm 
The Cake is a Lie!
The Cake is a Lie!

A reasonable hour for me is noon :). I have been working nights for a long time, but I agree that we need to hit the trial early. How is 9am at the trail head? It probably won't take us more than 3 hours to run it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 8:57 pm 
LOST Addict

So, how is this:

August 10th-Potato Ridge @ 9:00 am:
1. Incubusmike
2. PoorMtnKid
3. Mrkake

August 13th-Wheeler Pass or Bitter Springs @ 9:00 am:
1. Incubusmike
2. PoorMtnKid

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:54 pm 
LOST Newbie

i won't know till the week before, but i would like to go on the Potato Ridge trail.

35" km2's on 17" blackrock soft 8's
5.13 gears with front axle sleeved
a lot jks stuff
shrockworks sliders
stock front stubby

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 11:30 pm 
LOST Addict

Ok then let's put you down like this then Doug,

1. Incubusmike
2. PoorMtnKid
3. Mrkake
4. Doug (50% but hopeful)

1. Incubusmike
2. PoorMtnKid

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 3:38 pm 
LOST Member

Those times sound good to me. Iam an early bird so that is fine with me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:25 pm 
LOST Addict

10th should work good for me. The 13th, I am not sure yet. I believe one of the other admins is off so I might not be able to go. I will keep you posted though.

I agree about going the back way through Red Rock, I have never come form there but should be relatively easy. Should be that is. I might have to try and scout it out a bit. Last time I was that far was...wow...maybe 2 years ago and it was pretty bad for a stock.

I have never heard of bitter springs. I will definitely have to check that out, especailly the mine. That would be pretty cool.

We doing any caching on these runs?

35" tires (thus far)
plus a ton of other things. J.E.E.P.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:35 pm 
LOST Addict

Sure we can do some caches. I haven't had a chance to do any because my wife is my caching buddy and ever since she got pregnant we put it on the backburner.

So we'll plan on this for now then:

1. Incubusmike
2. PoorMtnKid
3. Mrkake
5. Xodius

1. Incubusmike
2. PoorMtnKid
5. Xodius (50% but hopeful)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 6:33 pm 
LOST Addict

I didn't know your wife was Pregnant. Congrats! Do you know if it is a boy/girl or are you waiting to find out? Hmmm...that is one way to cool off my wife from caching...not sure which is cheaper though, lol. I think I will stick with caching for now. I am a big enough child :D

Tonight I am going to be installing my rear bumpstops. Since the kit didn't come with new front ones...do you think they are needed?

35" tires (thus far)
plus a ton of other things. J.E.E.P.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 6:39 pm 
LOST Addict

Xodius wrote:
I didn't know your wife was Pregnant. Congrats! Do you know if it is a boy/girl or are you waiting to find out? Hmmm...that is one way to cool off my wife from caching...not sure which is cheaper though, lol. I think I will stick with caching for now. I am a big enough child :D

Tonight I am going to be installing my rear bumpstops. Since the kit didn't come with new front ones...do you think they are needed?

Thanks for the congrats. We don't know what we are having yet and we find out in about 3 weeks I think. I really want at least one boy. I really really hope we get a boy and a girl. But as long as they are healthy we are happy. I am pretty sure caching is cheaper too. :shock: :lol:

I don't use any aftermarket front bumpstops. I heard the OME setup doesn't require them for some reason. :) As far as the other struts go I hear new front bumpstops are a good idea. Wish I knew more but I don't to be honest... story of my life. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 4:15 am 
The Cake is a Lie!
The Cake is a Lie!

X2 on congrats. My baby just turned 21 last week :shock: . We have 2 boys and I always wanted a girl until I saw my friends go through the teenage years with their girls. My boys were easy and no trouble. They were more interested in computers and video games that any of the vices that get boys into trouble. I consider myself lucky on that point.

I would love to do some caching while we are up there. I have been wanting to get into it and that might be just the motivation that I need to get started. I am hoping to check out Bitter Springs this Sunday. We'll see what tomorrow brings.

I like the idea of doing Potato from the back side because the trail head is like 20 minutes from my house 8) . I drove out that way yesterday just to get a feel for where we would start and if I am guessing right we want to start on Lovell Canyon Road right? I have no idea from there, but I am looking forward to it.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 87 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next