It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:26 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 125 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 12:56 pm 
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

swanyo wrote:
Edvalencia wrote:
We missed you guys.
Yeah, we kinda got a sense of how hard it is to get cell phone reception there :wink:

That's a really cool area. We'll have to make another trip soon.

Anybody have pictures????? (I forgot my camera)

I found out that you guys waited a long time for us, I'm sorry. I just didn't think that you would wait more than 20 min or so, and I wouldn't be able to contact you to make a difference. I'm glad we got to camp back near the river, but wish I hadn't let you down. :oops:

No worries, it wasn't you we were trying to reach on the phone.
We actually waited around for a few people. The meeting spot was a bit tricky to find and the distances were deceiving. We were all on vacation mode, though so it didn't matter.

Hope to see you on the trail soon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 1:16 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Scott, Sorry I made you feel bad. A few of us were lost and running late so you would have been in good company. I am just glad to hear that you all are Ok. We will catch you all next time for sure and the next run up there will be better planned and organized for sure.

It is interesting how tough it is to organize a run into a new unknown area when you have limited to No ability to communicate (STUPID CELL PHONES!!) and the area is so vast that it is tough to get everyone in the same place. The communication aspect has me badly wanting a Ham radio now and thinking we really need to get a few more of us up to speed w/ Hams.

Sure was a beautiful area and the trail we did do was great! I can see a lot of opportunity in that area for some great wheeling of varying levels.

Look forward to our next adventure up there!!

(limited pics coming along w/ a trail report)

03 SFA KJ Sport
LOST JEEPS So-Cal

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 1:25 pm 
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

JJ, I'm with you on the Ham thing. I'm seriously thinking about getting the license. It would have really come in handy this past weekend.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 1:50 pm 
LOST Newbie

Edvalencia wrote:
JJ, I'm with you on the Ham thing. I'm seriously thinking about getting the license. It would have really come in handy this past weekend.

Funny you mentioned that, I had my wife order me a book to train for a Ham license. She gave me a funny look but ordered it anyway, so I have started reading. I think she can appreciate it now and just hopes I follow thru!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 9:26 pm 
LOST Newbie

Hams can be quite useful. I got my license last spring. The test was real easy and only cost $5. I was able to receive a Riverside repeater from the top of Sherman Peak, but due to operator error, I couldn't transmit :oops:
Steve

Mopar skids
Mopar tow hooks
Custom rock sliders
4.10/TT/Powertrax

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 125 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7