It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:30 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Hot August Nights run and Birthday fun! Report w/ pics
PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 10:10 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Well, Yesterday the 23rd was a Great day! I was sooooo anxious to get the heck out of the desert ghetto and head for the hills for some wheelin' and exploring. I filled the cooler w/ H2o and carne asada, loaded my wife and teen son Sean into the Jeep and away we went across the still cool desert as the sun rose in our face.

We met up w/ a larger than expected group (thank goodness!) of adventure seekers in a bunch of nice Jeeps. We had old school CJ's, a few nice TJ's a modded IFS KJ and a super new JK along w/ my SFA KJ. The JK had just been purchased the day before and driven all the way in from Vegas for some Cali mountain wheeling action! You just gotta love a Jeeper that will whip his Brand Spankin new JK all the way to Cali to wheel w/ us!
On our way we stopped for a quick break and to check out an old tree that had grown into the barbed wire that was wrapped around it as part of an old cattle corral from the early days of the area when ranchers would run their cattle up Rattlensake cyn to graze in the Summer months. (anyone have pics of that cool tree?)
Anyhow, once I heard that we were going to head to the trail I got a little excited to get going as usual.....
Image :? :lol: (good catch on that pic Kelly!)

We headed off to the trailhead of 2N02 on our way to wheel the Heartbreak Ridge trail as well as to check out some other cool places and trails along the way. We had the Birthday boy, Greg, w/ us and he was a great source of information about the trails and sights we saw along our journey. We hit up 2N70Y on our way which was a nice little spur off the 2N02 and it was a nice addition to our adventure. Nothing crazy tough but a beautiful little trail section.
We jumped back onto the 2n02 for a little way and found the turnoff for Heartbreak Ridge trail. We headed for the fun stuff and as always had a blast on this trail. The pics don't do it justice!
....shhh......then off to an awesome little loop section...... Let me just say that future trail closures are going to really suck....... :( very few pics of this part....
a stop at the top for lunch and planning future trips..
Thankfully nobody got stuck in this area.....
Tj towtruck driver Annette.
back under way....
Then off to check out a cabin.....looked like the bears got into the trash...The trash that the campers SHOULD have taken w/ them!! We couldn't leave the mess so our awesome group grabbed some bags and went to work!
We left it Way nicer than we found it!

After a long day of wheeling all over the East side of Big Bear (and we barely touched all the trails out there....) we headed back to town and set up at Sugarloaf park for a bbq dinner/birthday celebration for Greg. Good times.
Something must look yummy! (check the tongues! LOL!)
Happy B-day to you......(Greg in the hat)

Image Darn right we do!

Really looking forward to the next trip! This is the stuff that keeps me sane! Thanks everyone for coming out!

Please post up any pics you have!

03 SFA KJ Sport
LOST JEEPS So-Cal

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 10:46 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Nice pictures,i never get tired of seeing great trail shots of your sfa kj.

2003 KJ Renegade, 5 speed, frankenlifted,Al's a Arms 4.5,Moabs 245/75/16 BFG KM2's, custom rock rails, full Mopar skids, Hella ff220 lights,Hd cooling,Front DTT,Riddler diff cover,Rola safari rack,Cobra 29 peaked & tuned.

Pastafari Alum, Pink shovel recipient

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 11:45 am 
Moderator / Lifetime Member
Moderator / Lifetime Member

That had to have been THE most stuck rig I have ever had to strap 8)

LOST JEEPS So-Cal
Just a Jeep
named "Sammy"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 2:54 pm 
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

2 yellow jeeps on 1 trail. in some countries that would be considered bad luck.

:D :D

Post subject: HOT AUGUST NIGHTS run and bithday fun
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 7:06 pm 
LOST Member

That was a great run and the trails was awsome. And we learned alot about the area history from Greg thanks Greg. It was cool wheeling with different build rigs and meeting new people looking forwad on doing it again. Looks like I miss a great BBQ.