It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:13 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 128 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 3:04 am 
LOST Newbie

i agree, logandale is more fun and it's only 50 miles outside of town.

35" km2's on 17" blackrock soft 8's
5.13 gears with front axle sleeved
a lot jks stuff
shrockworks sliders
stock front stubby

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 5:34 am 
The Cake is a Lie!
The Cake is a Lie!

Andy Steiner wrote:
JJsKJ wrote:
The Logandale area looks awesome by the pics I'm fidning But further away for everyone.

Timewise, the difference between getting to Red Rock NCA from the Strip and getting to the start on the bowl trail off the Ute Exit from the I-15 is probably 15 minutes further.

Rocky Gap has two short rock gardens. We routinely take stock TJs and stock Toyotas through there. The rest of that trail and all of Wheeler Pass is one long dirt road.

John, I've wheeled with you guys in Gorman, Big Bear and Moab. I suspect that most of LOST KJ West would find Logandale more of a challenge and the scenery awfully close to what one might see in Moab. Wheeler Pass is similar to a poorly maintained fire road in Big Bear. And quite frankly, the scenery in the Spring Mountains leaves me disappointed

Quote:
i agree, logandale is more fun and it's only 50 miles outside of town.

Not trying to get in a pissing match here, but 6 weeks ago I asked for suggestions and Logandale was ruled out by the guys from SoCal because they felt it was too far north. None of the other locals offered much firm input about alternate trails and no one was taking the lead so I was sort of elected by default. These are 2 trails that I have run several times and would feel confident leading a group on. I offered the option of running the route from the other end and I chose this route based on the fact that the start is 14 miles from my house and the other end is an hour away to the where you turn off the 95 (Logandale is 75 miles away and I've always wanted to go but wouldn't know where to lead a group there). Now we are 6 days away so if either of you guys wants to take the lead here feel free.

CRD Frankenlift II, Rock Lizard Rear Bumper, Mann Provent, GDE FT-ECO Tune, "Euro Torque Converter, Transgo 545RFE-H2 Shift Kit, 245/75 MT/R's on Moabs, Full Mopar Skids, Front Tow Hooks, CAT 2 Fuel filter and bleeder valve mod, Fumoto valve, Wahlbro Lift Pump, Custom 2 1/2" Exhaust

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 10:20 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

NO CHANGES PLEASE!!

This will not be the Last Vegas run. Lets save the other trails for future runs.

We are too close to starting this run and don't need changes UNLESS Red Rock tells us "NO" on running a group through w/out permits AND we can't get them this close to the run.

Kirk is in charge on this run and thanks to him, We at least have a plan that is workable. (hopefully it will all shake out Ok)
I don't care what the trail looks like, I just want to go wheeling w/ some Vegas folks!!

Lets go wheeling!

03 SFA KJ Sport
LOST JEEPS So-Cal

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 11:03 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Yes, this is not the time to start making changes. Threads have been going for months asking for input. Things are set.

06 KJ Limited
10 JK Unlimited Rubicon
14 JK Unlimited Rubicon
14 KL Cherokee Trail Hawk

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 1:32 pm 
Moderator / Lifetime Member
Moderator / Lifetime Member

KJ Taz wrote:
Yes, this is not the time to start making changes. Threads have been going for months asking for input. Things are set.

I agree!! This is a done deal. This is just our first trip out there and there's alot of trails to run but all in due time.

Can't wait to meet all the Vegas guys and gals! Ya'll are great for putting this shindig on!!!

SeeYa soon,

LOST JEEPS So-Cal
Just a Jeep
named "Sammy"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 1:54 pm 
LOST Newbie

JJsKJ wrote:
NO CHANGES PLEASE!!

This will not be the Last Vegas run. Lets save the other trails for future runs.

Understood. I hadn't been following this thread at all until MJR mentioned it to me yesterday. Didn't even know you guys were planning this.

Quote:
We are too close to starting this run and don't need changes UNLESS Red Rock tells us "NO" on running a group through w/out permits AND we can't get them this close to the run.

Deadline for a BLM Special Recreation Permit for an event held July 1, 2008-Dec 31, 2008 would have been December 31, 2007.

Quote:
Kirk is in charge on this run and thanks to him, We at least have a plan that is workable.

Understood. I was just trying to share my experience. See you on Saturday.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 2:13 pm 
The Cake is a Lie!
The Cake is a Lie!

Thanks for the input Andy! I really appreciate you giving us the heads up about permits in Red Rock. I had no idea.

So I just got off the phone with the BLM guy and he was pretty cool. He said if we all arrive informally and gather informally that there probably wouldn't be a problem. They do like to register every vehicle for a group like this just in case there are any issues along the trail. I don't like the sound of probably wouldn't be a problem. I don't want ANY problems! This being said, I think it would be prudent to start at the other end and come out in Red Rock.

No issues with the Forest Service as long as we use Tread Lightly practices on the trail.

I will post up in the detail thread with a revised meeting place and info.

CRD Frankenlift II, Rock Lizard Rear Bumper, Mann Provent, GDE FT-ECO Tune, "Euro Torque Converter, Transgo 545RFE-H2 Shift Kit, 245/75 MT/R's on Moabs, Full Mopar Skids, Front Tow Hooks, CAT 2 Fuel filter and bleeder valve mod, Fumoto valve, Wahlbro Lift Pump, Custom 2 1/2" Exhaust

Last edited by mrkake on Mon Dec 01, 2008 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 2:14 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

THANKS KIRK!!! :D

03 SFA KJ Sport
LOST JEEPS So-Cal

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 128 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7