It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:23 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Panamint & Death Valley Nov. 15th
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 7:50 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Hey folks! I am passing on an invite from Ron from the Big Bear 4 Wheelers group (Not associated w/ Bear Valley 4 Wheelers though some members are in both clubs) for a run to Panamint and Death Valley. I know some folks have been wanting to get back out that way so Ron said our group members were welcome to attend too. Here is the info Ron sent me:

Quote:
It looks like the date that works best for everyone is the Nov. 14, 15, and 16th date. This will be an outing that pretty much anyone with a well maintained 4 wheel drive can do.

On day one we were planning on doing the Swansea to Cerro Gordo ridge route. It travels from Lone Pine to over 10,000 ft in elevation and on to Cerro Gordo, which is basically a high mountain ghost town. Lots to see with a trail rating of moderate.

On day 2 we have several options to choose from. We can split into groups and do anything from sight seeing runs to extreme. Last year we visited Charlie Mansons hide out up Golar Wash and stopped in the ghost town of Balarat. Lots to see around that area.

We are planning on staying at the Panamint Spring Resort which is located between the runs that we have planned. The resort has a campground with hookups, a restaurant, motel rooms, a small general store and gas. We stayed there last year and it worked out nicely. I’m told the motel rooms are not the greatest, but what can I say. There better then nothing.

Please note. If there is not adequate interest in this outing, it could be canceled or the date changed. I will keep you informed. As of right now though, I am hoping for a good turn out.

Please let me know if you are interested in attending. I’d like to compile a list and call Panamint Springs and see what their bookings look like for that weekend.

That’s it for now. Hope to hear from you.
Ron G
For more info, Please contact Ron at rgriffo@charter.net

NOTE: FWIW, there is also the Johnson Valley run this same weekend and I will be attending That run.

03 SFA KJ Sport
LOST JEEPS So-Cal

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 8:08 pm 
Moderator / Lifetime Member
Moderator / Lifetime Member

Charlie's house in the sand.....I've always wanted to check that out. Im going to pencil this one in at work and see what I can do !!