It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:00 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Big Bear/ cactus flats
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:20 pm 
LOST Member

Iam on vacation in big bear till this up coming Friday. Wanted to do a trail while I was here but someone at the discovery center said its really muddy for that. Thinking of going to cactus flats just down the way to see if there is anything to play around on there. Possibly Lucearn? Anyone know if anything and is interested in meeting up Wed or Thursday?

Post subject: Re: Big Bear/ cactus flats
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:56 pm 
LOST Member

PoorMtnKid wrote:
Iam on vacation in big bear till this up coming Friday. Wanted to do a trail while I was here but someone at the discovery center said its really muddy for that. Thinking of going to cactus flats just down the way to see if there is anything to play around on there. Possibly Lucearn? Anyone know if anything and is interested in meeting up Wed or Thursday?

From Cactus Flats you can take 3N03 (Burns Cyn Rd.) towards PioneerTown and down Rattlesnake Cyn. (check a forest map). Or visit the old movie ghost town.
Or their is 188,000 acres in the Johnson Valley OHV area just east of Lucerne. Take Camp Rock Rd down to the 247 and you can enter the OHV area there.
Just keep your bearings, and just roam around and explore the vast area. You can run the Bullfrog Trail there at Cougar Buttes :-)r

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:46 pm 
LOST Member

Are you in Big Bear now? I saw a KJ with stickers on it Sunday, was that you? I have to work on Wed&Thurs. or I would go wheelin.

5.5 Rubicon Express long arm suspension lift. Hanson front and rear bumpers,Warn Winch, IPF offroad lights. Front ARB locker, 410 G2 gears & Boulder Bars.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 11:22 am 
LOST Member

Yeah I have been here since sat. We have been going to bear mtn to snowboard but want to take some time off for a trail. What about Friday?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 9:42 pm 
LOST Member

I am not sure about Friday. We might get snow on Thursday night. Would anyone else interested in going out?

5.5 Rubicon Express long arm suspension lift. Hanson front and rear bumpers,Warn Winch, IPF offroad lights. Front ARB locker, 410 G2 gears & Boulder Bars.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:20 pm 
LOST Member

I went out today on the Holcomb trail. It was pretty fun and lots of snow coverage in most of the parts and tons of mud! Kelly I think I seen you parked in front of a church on the street that takes you to summit resort. So Friday I will be on the mtn. No go anymore. But in the summer I will deff be coming back to get down on some trails

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 1:02 am 
LOST Member

Yes that was my jeep that you have seen parked near the resort. Hope you can make it back in the summer.