It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:17 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: MAY 9th - Fun wheeling near Lake Arrowhead- Report inside
PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 2:12 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Change of plans for this Saturdays tree planting.

The organizers of the event have too many volunteers and can't accept our help this time around. :-(

The New plan is to go run our Easy adopt-a-trail (2N33) and maybe some surrounding trails in the area and then end up at the North Camp in Arrowhead to spend the afternoon BBQ-ing and then we can also camp Saturday night for free. We will also have use of the facilities there too.

PLMK ASAP if you can make it. I know it is mothers day weekend but you could also take mom to dinner in Lake Arrowhead too. Also, what a great way to get away from it all this weekend!

I will be psoting more info on the forums and probably send out a yahoo message as well.

BTW, stock 4x4's welcome!! These are easy trails. It will be a fun scenic tour of the woods and mtns surrounding Lake Arrowhead. Bring your camera! 8)

Thanks!
John

03 SFA KJ Sport
LOST JEEPS So-Cal

Last edited by JJsTJ on Sun May 10, 2009 10:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 10:53 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

We will meet at the McDonalds at the 15 & 138 intersect at 0900 and leave promptly at 0930.
Map: 3230 Wagon Train Rd.

Here is some info on North Shore CG .
It is So very cool that we get to use the facility for free the week before it opens to the public. We also have access to the forest service volunteers facility where there is bathrooms and showers. We can also sleep in the cabin but I suggest allowing the ladies in the group to sleep in it if they like while the men "rough it".

Don't forget to bring a lunch for the trail and some BBQ type food or side dishes to share potluck style for the BBQ at camp. Bring beverages but save any adult ones for back at camp.

We plan to wheel till about 3-3:30 then head to North Shore CG for the BBQ.

03 SFA KJ Sport
LOST JEEPS So-Cal

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 11:20 am 
LOST Addict

Looks like fun!!! Only been there once and that was with a car club. We'll have to make it out there one of these days.

It's an AZ LOST JEEPS thing....
other folks don't understand!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 1:30 am 
Moderator / Lifetime Member
Moderator / Lifetime Member

Kelly and I will be meeting ya'll at the trailhead...see ya in the morning :lol:

LOST JEEPS So-Cal
Just a Jeep
named "Sammy"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 10:39 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Several LOST JEEPERS met up at our AAT to run it and explore some other areas near Lake Arrowhead. We stopped near a popular fishing area and filled a few bags full of trash before proceeding on.

About a mile or so in we were stopped by a fire fighter from a nearby prison work camp and were told that they were looking for an escapee. :shock: We got a description and continued on our way but now we were really paying attention to our surroundings hoping that maybe we would spot him and be able to assist in his capture.
We even double backed on one section of trail when one of Justins daughters thought she spotted somebody in the woods. we never did spot the escaped convict but we did see a couple deer running around the area.

we proceeded down 2n33 and stopped for lunch in a shady area along the trail. When we reached the 173 a few of us decided to continue our run so we ran down the Willow Creek Jeep trail on our way to visit the Devils Hole. This was a nice ride in a very scenic area that lead down a steep dirt grade to a beautiful river. The last 50 yards of the trail were nice and moderate so we got in a little rock crawling on the way down and back up again. Those w/ a passion for mud splashing got to hit mud puddles and small runoff crossings on the way in and out too.

After the wheeling it was time to head to the OHV volunteer camp at North shore camp to BBQ up some goodies and pig out. We had a nice spread, got the use of a nice big BBQ and the OHV volunteer facility. The campers set up their tents, we build a nice campfire and sat around watching the flames until our trail tired eyes got too heavy to keep open.
My wife, sean & I had the great opportunity of being able to use the barracks for our nights stay. Very cozy and we slept well all night.

If you missed this trip due to late info or the changes that ocurred late in planning, I apologise and hope you can make the next outing. This was Another trip to remember. enough blabbering, See the pics.
Optional obstacle on our AAT.
Devils Hole.....How did an area so beautiful get That name is beyond me.
The JJ family digs for Sat night......roughin' it! (THANKS GREG!)
View out our back door.
Beware the evil zombie deer!

Fun Times once again!! :D 8)

03 SFA KJ Sport
LOST JEEPS So-Cal

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 11:36 pm 
LOST Newbie

That was the day I moved from Arrowhead to Flagstaff, AZ - was heading down the backside of the mountain by Lake Silverwood around 9:30am and passed one of ya!!!! You had a basket.

I've taken that road at least 30 times in the 19 years I lived on the mountain. Great memories.

Hope everyone enjoyed my hometown backroads!!!!!!

Mopar Skids
Hi-Lift
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3202356