It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:20 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Second Annual Vegas Fun Run?
PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 6:55 pm 
The Cake is a Lie!
The Cake is a Lie!

Hi Everyone!
Yeah I'm still alive. This is the first time I have logged into the forum in months. After the restaurants closed, my wife spent 28 days in the hospital with no insurance (ouch!) and just had surgery about a week and a half ago. We are trying to put our lives back together and I have been dying to hit a trail again. I keep thinking how much fun I had last year when everyone came to Vegas and we spent the whole day and part of the night on the trails. I would love to do that again!

I am home (I travel to the northeast almost every week) on the 7th and 8th or any day after the 15th. Anyone interested?

BTW - The Melting Pot opened the West Charleston location under a new owner and I am pretty sure I can get us hooked up for dinner there again :D

CRD Frankenlift II, Rock Lizard Rear Bumper, Mann Provent, GDE FT-ECO Tune, "Euro Torque Converter, Transgo 545RFE-H2 Shift Kit, 245/75 MT/R's on Moabs, Full Mopar Skids, Front Tow Hooks, CAT 2 Fuel filter and bleeder valve mod, Fumoto valve, Wahlbro Lift Pump, Custom 2 1/2" Exhaust

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 6:10 pm 
LOST Addict

First, have your ears been ringing? My wife and I have been talking about you lately. Nothing good of course ;) I would love to hit some trails with you. I need to get out of the house, driving me crazy. The 7th is not good though. Wife and I are going to be at Hunters Ed all day *rolls eyes* The following weekend I might be able too but am not sure yet. Father in Law wants to go bird hunting and has been bugging me for about 2 months now, lol. Hence the class.
How has life been for you other than the surgery? Is your wife ok? I will let you know in the next couple days when I will be available.
Glad to have you back!!

35" tires (thus far)
plus a ton of other things. J.E.E.P.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 6:17 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

I'd love to hit the trails out there again, but i'm not seeing any good dates through the end of the year.

Jan, Feb perhaps?

03 SFA KJ Sport
LOST JEEPS So-Cal

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 6:53 pm 
LOST Addict

Great to hear you are back buddy!!!!!!! Hope things are looking up for you. :D

I may be able to drive on down to vegas for some winter wheeling after the 15th. Maybe...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 1:41 am 
The Cake is a Lie!
The Cake is a Lie!

Quote:
How has life been for you other than the surgery? Is your wife ok?

Wife is okay. She still has a lot of healing to do, but it looks like we are through the worst of it. As for the other question . . . that's a story that would take some space. Let's just say; lawsuits, threats, lies, financial ruin, etc, etc and etc. If you really want to hear the whole sordid tale, I'll be happy to tell it.

Quote:
Jan, Feb perhaps?

The further out we plan it the better. I have all of my travel scheduled through the end of the year and part way into January.

Quote:
Great to hear you are back buddy!!!!!!!

It's great to be back. Congrats on the SFA!! I'm jealous. Someday I want to be one of the few (if any) that are wheeling a CRD SFA.

CRD Frankenlift II, Rock Lizard Rear Bumper, Mann Provent, GDE FT-ECO Tune, "Euro Torque Converter, Transgo 545RFE-H2 Shift Kit, 245/75 MT/R's on Moabs, Full Mopar Skids, Front Tow Hooks, CAT 2 Fuel filter and bleeder valve mod, Fumoto valve, Wahlbro Lift Pump, Custom 2 1/2" Exhaust

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 6:08 pm 
LOST Addict

WOW. Well glad to hear that your wife is doing good.
As for the long story...sounds like it might be better told over a few beers, lol.
The SFA, yes it does look good and it is wrong on how good that darn thing looks!
In the fairly near future you might see my KJ with a new rear bumper. My Father IN Law and I are working on some designs :) No date set for the actually cutting though. Still waiting for some of the hardware to come in. All I hear from my Mother in Law is, darn YOU! Why did you get him onto Jeeps, that is all he talks about now :D
HEHE, I love it.
Just let me know, I would prefer a Sat run but I will make it work. :)

35" tires (thus far)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 2:52 am 
LOST Member

Sorry to hear that you've had a tough time. I really hope things get better for you and your wife. Greg and I had a great time out there last year in Vegas with y'all and would love to get out there again. Maybe after the new year? You are always welcome to come out our way and wheel with us!

5.5 Rubicon Express long arm suspension lift. Hanson front and rear bumpers,Warn Winch, IPF offroad lights. Front ARB locker, 410 G2 gears & Boulder Bars.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 1:51 am 
The Cake is a Lie!
The Cake is a Lie!

Wow! I really went a long time to get back on here. I think after the first of the year would be best as well. I am writing my 2010 schedule this week so I will see if there is a date that looks good. Probably going to be in February some time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:50 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

mrkake wrote:
Wow! I really went a long time to get back on here. I think after the first of the year would be best as well. I am writing my 2010 schedule this week so I will see if there is a date that looks good. Probably going to be in February some time.

oooooo....could be a JJ's B-day run? :wink:

03 SFA KJ Sport
LOST JEEPS So-Cal

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 10:30 am 
KJ / JK Whatever
KJ / JK Whatever

If you decide to do it in January, the weekend of the 16th would be great - I'll be in Vegas for a convention
Long shot, but still........ :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 2:52 pm 
The Cake is a Lie!
The Cake is a Lie!

Quote:
oooooo....could be a JJ's B-day run?

And if it was going to be a birthday run, when would that be? :wink:

Quote:
If you decide to do it in January, the weekend of the 16th would be great

That's a no go for me. I am in Philly the week before, Florida that week and then Maryland and Virginia the week after. That's my last push before my schedule gets a little more manageable for the rest of the quarter.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 6:39 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

mrkake wrote:
Quote:

Quote:

That's a no go for me. I am in Philly the week before, Florida that week and then Maryland and Virginia the week after. That's my last push before my schedule gets a little more manageable for the rest of the quarter.

My Bday is probably one of your busiest times, mine is Feb 15th so I'm sure the weekend preceeding that is Busy!

03 SFA KJ Sport
LOST JEEPS So-Cal

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 8:11 pm 
The Cake is a Lie!
The Cake is a Lie!

JJsKJ wrote:
mrkake wrote:
Quote:

Quote:

My Bday is probably one of your busiest times, mine is Feb 15th so I'm sure the weekend preceeding that is Busy!

That is the busiest week in the restaurants for sure. But since I work for corporate now, they don't want me in their stores when it's busy anyway. I am home for a whole week over this holiday and will be home for the two weeks surrounding Christmas and New Year's. It's really weird. This is the first time in almost 30 years that I haven't worked the holidays.

Anyway, we could do a "Sweetheart Run". But the restaurant here in Vegas will be full that whole week and the few days following Valentine's Day so we wouldn't be able to eat at The Melting Pot after and that was really enjoyable. How about the weekend following your B-day?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 8:49 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

I was thinking weekend following would be cool. :D Don't have to celebrate my Bday since I don't age but if we gotta toast to Something.....

03 SFA KJ Sport
LOST JEEPS So-Cal

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 11:23 pm 
The Cake is a Lie!
The Cake is a Lie!

Okay I got my Q1 schedule done and we can plan on February 20th. I can go anytime earlier that week but I have an early flight to Florida on the 22nd so I will need the 21st to get ready for my meetings.

Comments? Suggestions?

Post subject: Re: Second Annual Vegas Fun Run?
PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 1:00 am 
LOST Addict

I am at work that day. Not sure if I would be able to get off or not. I just requested a fair amount of time for a few trips the wife and I are planning. :)

35" tires (thus far)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:09 am 
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

The weekend of Feb 20th works for me. Lets go!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 3:25 am 
LOST Addict

If you guys put together another one at the end of March... count me in :rockon:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 4:27 pm 
The Cake is a Lie!
The Cake is a Lie!

Okay, it looks like the 20th is locked in. I have the time off from work and I am scouting locations. We can do the Wheeler's Pass/Trout Canyon/Potato Ridge again like we did last year (or some variant in that same area), or we can go out to the Logandale trails system. Logandale has a lot to offer; red rock, sand dunes and trails. The down side is that the folks from Cali will want to stay in Overton the night before and it's another hour north of Vegas. If there are preferences let me know.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:00 pm 
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

I'm good with anything you pick! I am going to be in Vegas that weekend and I don't mind the drive. Lets Wheel!