It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:19 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: April Run: Anza Borego 4-10-10
PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:47 pm 
LOST Member

We are working on a joint adventure with another jeep club for a touring run on Saturday, April 10, 2010 in the Anza Borego area. This would include Lower Coyote Canyon and some of the Dry Lake as well as Fonts Point. The run would be an easy to moderate run to view wild flowers and other magnificent vistas. There is also a possibility of camping / motel-ing down in that area Friday night, so we can get an early start the next morning. What we need is a head count from our club, so we can have an idea of how many rigs from both clubs will attend. Even if you are a "maybe" please add your name to the list. This is going to be a great run in an area we have never explored before.

5.5 Rubicon Express long arm suspension lift. Hanson front and rear bumpers,Warn Winch, IPF offroad lights. Front ARB locker, 410 G2 gears & Boulder Bars.

Post subject: Re: April Run: Anza Borego 4-10-10
PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:46 pm 
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Im in.... Going to be fun. Maybe going to camp too.
:CAMPING:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 1:58 am 
LOST Member

I do a lot of my 4 wheelin out there and I've done lower coyote canyon many times. I was out there a couple weeks ago and the third crossing is a little deep for non-lifted KJ's and even lifted ones might get some water inside the cab.

The flowers are looking really good this year.

I will definitely be there and would be willing to lead the Lower Coyote Canyon part of the run.

Ryan

Rusty's 2.5in Lift
Lund Air Deflector
Hella 500 Series Lights (6)
Sirius Sat. Radio; Garmin GPS System
Amer. Racing ATX Chamber w/Teflon; Goodyear Wrangler Silent Armor 265/70/16

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:34 pm 
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Here are some pictures from the trail run:
http://lostjeeps.pro-forums.com/ftopic395.php

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:20 pm 
LOST Member

Thanks for sharing your pictures Ed. It was a nice day out there and the flowers were beautiful. I really liked the last water crossing! Thanks to everyone who came out to play in Anza and special thanks to Randy from Hemet Jeep Club for showing us around.

5.5 Rubicon Express long arm suspension lift. Hanson front and rear bumpers,Warn Winch, IPF offroad lights. Front ARB locker, 410 G2 gears & Boulder Bars.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 5:15 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

KellysKJ wrote:
Thanks for sharing your pictures Ed. It was a nice day out there and the flowers were beautiful. I really liked the last water crossing! Thanks to everyone who came out to play in Anza and special thanks to Randy from Hemet Jeep Club for showing us around.

Looks like a great day. Makes me miss home! I'm from El Cajon and I lived in B.S. for 1 1/2 years back in the mid 80's. Helped build Ram's Hill C.C. and a bunch of the homes surrounding it. I used to spend a lot of time back in Coyote and Sheep Canyon, way back at the waterfalls, Font's Point, Borrego Badlands. They used to close Sheep canyon from Easter thru Labor Day to allow the Bighorn to come down and water at the creeks. There's also some hot springs east of town out S22 we used to hang out at. Can't remember how far, but maybe 15 minutes past the airport. Good Times!!!!

EDIT: OOPS, :oops: Guess it's called Montesoro Golf and Social Club Now (been a while!)