It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:14 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Sept.11 AAT Work Day-2N33
PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:02 pm 
LOST Member

This is the email I posted on the Adopt A Trail yahoo mail. I wanted to post the same one on our group, so everyone sees this. Our next day for AAT is Sept.11. I am asking for extra help, so we can get caught up on our road and be able to meet other AAT clubs. We will meet at Cedar Sprins Dam at 9a.m and finsh up at North Shore at 4p.m. for a BBQ and camping. If you are able to attend, please post on our forum, you don't need to email me.

Lost Jeeps SoCal is having a AAT workday on our road 2N33 on Sept.11 and inviting any AAT clubs that would like to come out and help us out on our road. We have some brushing to complete, as well as fence repairing and cleaning out culverts. Our club actually have two roads to work on, 2n33 which is rated easy and then the bypasses are rated black diamond. We will meet up at Cedar Springs Dam (Lake Silverwood) at 9:00 and leave at 9:15. Please bring water, lunch, lopers, shovels and gloves. Anyone who wants to bring a trailer, so rocks can be moved to the headcuts would be great. We will finish and be at North Shore Volunteer Work Center by 4p.m. and BBQ afterwards. Bring your own meat & drinks and a side dish to share. Camping is available Friday and Saturday nights at North Shore Work Center also. Please email me to RSVP. Thank you, Kelly Hoffman Lost Jeeps Event Coordinator.

5.5 Rubicon Express long arm suspension lift. Hanson front and rear bumpers,Warn Winch, IPF offroad lights. Front ARB locker, 410 G2 gears & Boulder Bars.

Post subject: Re: Sept.11 AAT Work Day-2N33 and REPORT
PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 12:41 am 
LOST Member

Sept.11 AAT Work Day Report:
We had four club members come out to work, which included Ted, myself and 2 newer members, Bob and Matt. Welcome Bob and Matt. Also we were able to get Greg from the USFS to help out. We put in 40 voluteer hours for our club today.We cleaned out culverts, brushed the sides of the road, we winched a tree, filled several headcuts with rocks and picked up trash. We really kicked butt, and I am happy to report that out of three pages of what needed to be done is almost totally completed- that's 10 miles of road! We just have an area of fencing to repair or remove and one or two culverts left to clean. These last chores are at a higher elevation, so we won't be in direct sunlight and heat! Next the fun part really begins- the bypasses! I am sorry to have worked everyone in the club so hard this year on our AAT. But I want to thank ALL of you for a great job! Lost Jeepers Rock! I hope to see everyone at the AAT BBQ on Oct.2nd, you deserve it!! I need to know who is going to the BBQ, can you please post that on the AAT BBQ post? Thanx. Pictures to follow...

5.5 Rubicon Express long arm suspension lift. Hanson front and rear bumpers,Warn Winch, IPF offroad lights. Front ARB locker, 410 G2 gears & Boulder Bars.

Post subject: Re: Sept.11 AAT Work Day-2N33
PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:30 pm 
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Looks like you guys did great. Sorry I couldn't make it (stupid Jeep).

Here are some photos that Kelly took:

Post subject: Re: Sept.11 AAT Work Day-2N33
PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 1:25 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Great job Kelly! You have done an outstanding job w/ the club and AAT..... Kelly for President!!

03 SFA KJ Sport
LOST JEEPS So-Cal