It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 3:36 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Jeep Rental?
PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 3:49 pm 
LOST Newbie

Does anyone know of a place in SoCal that rents Jeeps? My wife and I will be going to Yosemite in the summer and she wants to rent a car instead of taking our Liberty. I know, I want to take her up there but my wife is worried about putting all the miles on her. I can understand her position cause we commute 90 miles a day and already have 6,000 miles on her. We purchased her on Dec 31, 2005. So to compromise I told her we could rent a car as long as it was a jeep. So if anyone has any info on this I would appreciate it. We would prefer to rent in Orange County or Riverside County.

Cruise Control
Moonroof

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 3:57 pm 
LOST Addict

How much is the extra mileage going to cost you in terms of lower resale value? Compare that against what it's going to cost you to rent the Jeep and drive it all the way to Yosemite and back (not cheap), and then it's not as comfortable as your personal Liberty ... on top of that you already have to pay for your current Liberty that's going to sit still.

It just doesn't make economic sense to rent when you already have the same vehicle ...

Here's one for $250/week for the Liberty, and $180/week for Wrangler. Good thing is it comes with "unlimited mileage", but do check that one :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 6:01 pm 
LOST Newbie

Thanks for the input, this will give me more ammo to argue my point. Also thanks for the site.

Cruise Control
Moonroof

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 7:21 pm 
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Enterprise rents Liberties also. I believe they can't guarantee a certain car though, just the class. Good luck, have fun either way.

03 Freedom with some neat stuff done to it that I learned about here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 7:29 pm 
LOST Newbie

Thanks. Hopefully I will be able to talk my wife into taking our Liberty on vacation with us, after all I need to get her out of the city every now and then.

Cruise Control
Moonroof

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 7:32 pm 
LOST Member

i'm all in favor of renting. i've done it quite a bit, but i always rent something that gets better gas mileage than what i've got. i seem to go to las vegas every year and usually rent an economy or compact car. nothing beats getting 30+ miles to the gallon. i took my mom there for her birthday in july in her XJ and it started acting up and the A/C went out somewhere after barstow and we had to find a repair shop and rent a car while we were there--should have just rented one to begin with!

when we go to durango colorado we rent a minivan because of the extra room, comfort and better gas mileage. i got sick on one trip and was able to lie down in the back row and had it all to myself which was nice.

if you're not going to need a jeep why not rent something smaller and more economical? renting saves on wear and tear on your own jeep too like tires and such. why not rent something fun like a convertible? or a new mustang?

99 Wrangler Sport, Amethyst *~* 9500 lb Mile Marker Winch *~* Bestop Mesh Windows *~* Michelin LTX M/S *~* Custom Rock Shift Knob *~* Cobra 75 WX ST *~* 3" Boulder Bars *~* Full Husky Liners *~* Aiwa Deck *~* JKS Disco's *~* Garmin 60 CS *~* Kilby Gas tank skid *~* Poison Spyder Diff Ring

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 10:33 pm 
Mr. Machine
Mr. Machine

You won't need a 4wd for Yosemite.

02 Red Libby w/Frankenlift, Full armor incl AllJ stuff, 245 MTRs on Cragars, ARB locker, custom rack, K&N FIPK, 8000lb winch, RE rear LCAs, Optima Yellow Top, RL Rear Bumper, Custom Front Bumper
98 TJ w/5.5" RE Long arm lift, ARB front/rear, 35x12.5, Borla, Warn winch, Teralow, etc., etc..