It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:03 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 75 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 11:39 pm 
LOST Newbie

All I have to say is "Who's bringing the ace bandages & splints?"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 10:52 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Sounds like something that I may be able to do. This would be such a great trip, but I may have to sacrifice coming to the Big Bear event. Not sure 100% We'll see...

'05 Yellow TJ Rubicon 6spd

Click here for my Jeep Mods

Redneck Yacht Club for life!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 10:53 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Looking forward to maybe meeting some new people on this trip. Hope to see y'all there!

'05 Yellow TJ Rubicon 6spd

Click here for my Jeep Mods

Redneck Yacht Club for life!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 2:40 am 
LOST Member

dirtykj wrote:
Natural spring water, right? It's reasonably clear of thermophilic amoebas, I hope :D

I do not believe the water is drinkable in anyway due to its minerals.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 2:58 am 
LOST Member

Here's a few other other things to consider if you haven't gone before. Lizard Lee maintains the tubs with donated items people bring in. The most commonly needed items are toilet paper and bleach. Some other items are grass seed (ask Mario for specifics) or lawn fertilizer. If you have any other ideas run them by Mario.

Ok now here's a link to my photos from last year and few photos to show you why its a must do trip, enjoy.

http://www.gotgroceries.net/LOSTKJWestDeathValleyRun1004/index.html

Mike R

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 4:47 am 
LOST Member

Quote:
dirtykj wrote:
Natural spring water, right? It's reasonably clear of thermophilic amoebas, I hope

I do not believe the water is drinkable in anyway due to its minerals.

well, if the water in the tubs is the same as the water in the shower and "kitchen" sink then it is drinkable, or at least a little won't kill you since i drank and swallowed some brushing my teeth. (if you knew my digestive issues, you'd know it doesn't take much to make me sick)

99 Wrangler Sport, Amethyst *~* 9500 lb Mile Marker Winch *~* Bestop Mesh Windows *~* Michelin LTX M/S *~* Custom Rock Shift Knob *~* Cobra 75 WX ST *~* 3" Boulder Bars *~* Full Husky Liners *~* Aiwa Deck *~* JKS Disco's *~* Garmin 60 CS *~* Kilby Gas tank skid *~* Poison Spyder Diff Ring

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2005 9:02 pm 
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

I'm concerned with bring fuel on this trip. How to transport it safely. 5 extra gallons right? How about someone come up (fabricate) a part time mount that will fit on the back spare tire. I would try, but I haven't graduated from wood to metal work yet. Give me some 2x4's and 16 penny nails, and I'll build you a house. Give me some metal, and I'll show you the recycle bin. I would like to learn how to weld.

Burchie

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2005 9:52 pm 
LOST Member

Burchie wrote:
I'm concerned with bring fuel on this trip. How to transport it safely. 5 extra gallons right? How about someone come up (fabricate) a part time mount that will fit on the back spare tire. I would try, but I haven't graduated from wood to metal work yet. Give me some 2x4's and 16 penny nails, and I'll build you a house. Give me some metal, and I'll show you the recycle bin. I would like to learn how to weld.

Burchie

I am pretty sure someone makes a spare tire mount for a gas can but I am not sure who. I have just carried them either strapped to the roof rack or inside.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 8:53 pm 
Moderator / Lifetime Member

Just fasten your seatbelt around your can :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 3:27 pm 
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Junk in the trunk?

Post subject: Saline Warm Springs News
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 8:38 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news guys, but the springs have DRIED up! We went out yesterday to the springs and received word from the folks in Panamint springs that the water has seeked new routing, and will hopefully be resurfacing soon elsewhere. I went to www.deathvalley.com to verify this news and sure enough it is true! here is the link to the notice that the park posted at the springs.

http://www.deathvalley.com/dvtalk/messages/36151.shtml

http://www.deathvalley.com

Brian

Last edited by desertliberty on Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 9:32 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

that sucks

03 SFA KJ Sport
LOST JEEPS So-Cal

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 6:06 pm 
LOST Member

Burchie wrote:

Burchie

I found one. Con-Ferr makes a spare tire adapter and sells a Biltz can can holder for it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 9:15 pm 
LOST Newbie

I was just in DV on Saturday but did not have the time to run through Saline Valley or talk with the Rangers about conditions at the Springs . I did pass the junction of the 190 and Wacoba/Saline road and it appeared to be open and graded within the last few months. If it true the the Springs are dry (I'm checking around), it will not affect the plans for our trip. Even with Springs dried up, the location is beautiful, the views and nighttime sky are un-matched. It's just about the most remote feeling you can get in California.

Last year when we ran our trip, we ended up using the Springs as our base camp due to snowfall in the Inyo Mtns and put the kabosh on the loop trip. We ran 2 different day trips from there, one to Eureka Valley, the other to the Salt Lake.

I'd like to get an idea of how people feel about running the trip as last year with the base camp or running the full loop as originally intended involving 2 different camp locations (one in Saline, the second in the Inyo Mtns).

All those who are planning to attend, please drop me an e-mail along with the number in your party (vehicles,people,pets etc) so that I can reply with more exact trip information. We want to keep this event to a maximum of 20 vehicles for logistical reasons so best to let me know soon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 12:34 am 
LOST Addict

ElCoyote92 wrote:
I'd like to get an idea of how people feel about running the trip as last year with the base camp or running the full loop as originally intended involving 2 different camp locations (one in Saline, the second in the Inyo Mtns).

I can do either way.

ElCoyote92 wrote:
All those who are planning to attend, please drop me an e-mail along with the number in your party (vehicles,people,pets etc) so that I can reply with more exact trip information. We want to keep this event to a maximum of 20 vehicles for logistical reasons so best to let me know soon.

1 vehicle, 2 adults, 1 turbo monkey. What's your email address? :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 12:16 am 

Hey Mario, I'm planning on going. I think thers a DV Flu going aroud isn't there. I just might be sick that maonday, can't go to work like that can I? Later Shanna :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 1:15 pm 
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Hey Mario,
Depending on how things go with my current medical crap, I'm about 80% sure that I'll be there.
It will probably be just me and I don't care which way we go.
Besides, Kj'rs don't need a hot spring to have a good time!

Ed

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 10:47 am 
LOST Newbie

cheetararacer wrote:
Hey Mario, I'm planning on going. I think thers a DV Flu going aroud isn't there. I just might be sick that maonday, can't go to work like that can I? Later Shanna :lol:

Cough, cough, hack, hack....you look pale dear, I think you need some time off in the sun :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 10:48 am 
LOST Newbie

dirtykj wrote:
ElCoyote92 wrote:

I can do either way.

ElCoyote92 wrote:

1 vehicle, 2 adults, 1 turbo monkey. What's your email address? :wink:

e-mail is mario@adventuretrailers.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 10:49 am 
LOST Newbie

Edvalencia wrote:
Hey Mario,
Depending on how things go with my current medical crap, I'm about 80% sure that I'll be there.
It will probably be just me and I don't care which way we go.
Besides, Kj'rs don't need a hot spring to have a good time!

Ed

Hey Ed, Clint & I will each grab an end of the stretcher and cart you out there man! LOL It wouldn't be the same without you!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 75 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next