It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:29 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Mechanic recommendations / Pasadena area
PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 2:46 am 
LOST Newbie

Anyone have any mechanics that they'd recommend in or near the Pasadena, CA area? I've got an old Liberty and am looking for someone "honest" who can give me a good estimate as to various repair work.

Thanks,

GR

Post subject: Re: Mechanic recommendations / Pasadena area
PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 10:58 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

I don't know of anyone down there but what all do you need done?

03 SFA KJ Sport
LOST JEEPS So-Cal

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 4:00 am 
LOST Newbie

JJsKJ -- That's a good question ;) I guess the car is getting on in miles as I'm up over 150k now. Seems like every time I take it in for routine maintenance (oil changes, etc.) I am told I need a repair ranging between 500-1500 dollars. The challenge is that between three mechanics that I've visited over the past few months they've all recommended completely different repairs some conflicting with each other. I don't have a high degree of confidence with any of the mechanics so was just checking to see if anyone here might have a recommendation for a place to go for a better estimate.

Regardless, a friend gave me a good recommendation for a local mechanic so will see how that goes...

Best,

GR

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 2:01 am 
LOST Newbie

I've used Nishikawa on Fair Oaks before. It's run by a father and son team. Had a dual battery system rewired and some other service, they always seemed fair.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 2:14 pm 
LOST Newbie

Not in Pasadena but close by... I use Scotty's Brake and Muffler for any repairs that I do not want to do and have had good workmanship from them. Bob, the owner, races in the JeepSpeed series, and several of the workers have jeeps and related trail gear.. Give them a shot..

Scotty's Brake and Muffler
4540 South Baldwin Ave
El Monte, Ca 91731
626-442-1090

They are almost in Temple City, where I live, a few blocks from home. I mostly have them smog, brake replacements for my Wife's Jeep, as i do not want to be responsible for her brakes.... Cam belt replacement in my Honda, A/C work, that kind of stuff.. They will work on about anything that needs fixing...
And I'm in the same repair cycle on my wife's Liberty.. 155k miles and it is starting to show signs of repairs needed.. new struts, bushings, fix a small oil leak, stuff like that... So maybe a time to start with a lift, bigger tires, locker in the rear.. maybe even a 4x4 conversion as it is a street cruser... She told me that I can not make any changes to it.... :oops:

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 3:04 am 
LOST Newbie

Guys,

Thanks so much for all of the recommendations. Will definitely consider these places the next time I need an estimate / repair.

Glenn -- Good luck with your vehicle. I've made a few repairs now over the past year or so and am hoping that I can get another year or two without too many major expenses but let's see.

I hope everyone enjoys the holidays.

Warm regards,

Greg

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 12:43 am 
LOST Junkie

Advanced Muffler and Automotive.

They are fair and did my lift on my jeep! Tell them Ed with the silver lifted liberty sent me.

Lifted by JEEPIN BY AL - Get yours by following my link