It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:35 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Need Info on Uwharrie
PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 1:52 am 
LOST Member

My first trip there will start tomorrow. I need any info that someone thinks a first timer might need. My setup is as follows:
2003 4X4 Liberty Sport
2.5" Skyjacker lift
245/75/16 (almost 31") BFG TA K/O Tires
Skids SHOULD be put on tomorrow (Mopar skids)
Tow Hooks front
Reciever Hitch Rear
Open Differentials
Light Bar and Mopar Roof Rack
I'll get a season pass

We'll be tent camping.

Things I might need to know:
Is firewood available or should I bring some?
Assuming the campgrounds are full and I have to trail camp, which trails allow that?
Which trails do you recommend with this setup?
What are some "don't miss seeing this" points of interest?
Should I get a CB or take some of the little Family Radios (I have probably 6 of those)?
Where should I actually go to begin/Sign in, etc? Is there an address?
I notice that they have a shooting range. What kind of guns/handguns are allowed?

Thanks - Any help appreciated,
Rescu2000

DIY Frankie Lift, BBS Rims, Aussie Locker Rear, DTT Front, Renegade Rack & Light Bar, Custom Front Bumper w/ Warn XD9000i, Custom Rear Bumper, JBA UCA's, Full Skids(Mopar, Kilby and Super skid), CRS Rock Rails, CB, EVIC, Nav, power dim mirror, (2) 8" subs under front seats. http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2512777

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 4:48 pm 
LOST Junkie

fire wood bring some big peices that would burn for a while
trail camp because it is free...
evrything except daniel if it is dry...thier are go arounds on kodak...
you'll see some areas to camp on the trails...pic one not so centerly positioned because the vehicals hardly stop at night
cb's if you have somone to talk to...fam radios could be fun
on the main road north and south of the interence thier are two gas stations to buy the passes...the elderado station(BP) is better(on north side)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 7:30 pm 
LOST Member

Thanks for the info. I didn't actually get it until today, I couldn't get a signal in Uwharrie. I agree on the big wood. The little wood was terrible for a fire. Anwyway, we had a blast! I'll post up some pics in another thread. I got a season pass and I'll be going back as much as I can. The factory skids held up well, but they rarely even touched.

The first trail we took was Dicky Bell. I was thinking "Hmmm... there are 3 levels, so I assume that level A's are for unmodified 4x4's and level B's are for lightly modified..." WRONG! At least I would hate to take an unmodified 4X4 on the "A" trails. There were two places I thought we might eve flip. We were at a pretty bad angle and balancing on two tires until the front wheel came down. One was the big rocky area on Dicky Bell where there are two or three ways down. we took the center. The other was on Rocky Mountaint Loop where there is a tight corner and some decent size rocks.

Looking forward to going back. Next time with a trail buddy so I can push it more.

Resuc2000

DIY Frankie Lift, BBS Rims, Aussie Locker Rear, DTT Front, Renegade Rack & Light Bar, Custom Front Bumper w/ Warn XD9000i, Custom Rear Bumper, JBA UCA's, Full Skids(Mopar, Kilby and Super skid), CRS Rock Rails, CB, EVIC, Nav, power dim mirror, (2) 8" subs under front seats. http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2512777