It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:58 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: next trail meeting?
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 7:06 pm 
LOST Junkie

i really want to get a good show on our next meet up so why not start now for looking up dates...i propose somtime late july....give me your dates to go some where and i'll set up a poll or someone else can...

uwharrie?
gulches?
tellico?
obx?
WNF?
callente?(SP?)
place in upper va?
-or any others u all can think of

thanx, james

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 7:04 am 
LOST Member

I would love to meet up with you guys. I will be camping in Cherokee, NC the weekend of the 4th of July - how about Tellico on the 5th? I have never been there and would really like to wheel with some other Liberties.

-Dr. Dave

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 7:54 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Seriously, I know everyone wants to go to Telico, but it's never going to happen with this group. Telico has passable trails for the Liberty, but most of use our Liberty's for daily driving and Telico provides even more opportunities than Uwharrie to put your Liberty in the shop. You might want to go with one of the Wrangler groups and hopefully they won't tear up your vehicle getting you over the rocks.

If you want a first hand verification of this, I'm sure Daniel will speak to this momentarily.

Since we can't go to the OBX until after the court ruling, then we can look at that place in South Carolina or the other place in Tennessee. I would like to go to either place. Of course, at $4 a gallon for gas, driving out to either is a little bit of a hit on the wallet. So, we probably won't get a large turnout for either.

Don't know why I'm being Deany Downer right now, but I guess I just needed to lay out some hard facts.

CRS-Rock Rails * Rusty's Lift * *MTR's * Husky Mats * The 'Grill' and Shelf

FRS/CB (ch 6)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 8:07 am 
LOST Member

Fair enough - I hear ya. How about Gulches? I have been there a few times and would be willing to "lead". There is normally a good crowd there on the weekend that are fun to watch.

-Dr. Dave

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 12:02 pm 
LOST Member

I'll be out of town th first week of July and then I'l have coverage on the next weekend. So I'm out of pocket until the later part of July. I've never been to Tellico, but I've stayed away from it for exactly the reasons that LoganSix mentions above. I've heard that it may be a bit much for our rigs, but again, I've never been.
Rescu2000

DIY Frankie Lift, BBS Rims, Aussie Locker Rear, DTT Front, Renegade Rack & Light Bar, Custom Front Bumper w/ Warn XD9000i, Custom Rear Bumper, JBA UCA's, Full Skids(Mopar, Kilby and Super skid), CRS Rock Rails, CB, EVIC, Nav, power dim mirror, (2) 8" subs under front seats. http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2512777

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 12:41 pm 
LOST Addict

This one is do-able in a KJ, if a little hairy and definitely not with that same line he's taking:

This one is OK

This one is hard :)

This one is impossible :)

This one is suicidal :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 1:08 pm 
LOST Junkie

logan is scared so he will not have to take his jeep to the shop again. :twisted: ..listen guys...if a kj is going through moab...tellico is not out...i would do uwharrie again...i would want more away form the 4th due to extra crowds...mid to late july is better for me...tellico is a hike for me though that is the only thing stoping me to go there...so so far we have

uwharrie
gulches
tellico seems out

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 2:32 pm 
LOST Member

Honestly, I think I climbed stuff this last weekend that seemed as tough as some of those above. Maybe not that "Suicidal" one. That first step up on the Switchbacks on Daniel is pretty tough. It is probably a 2 foot face that is almost a flat wall. I hope the ECTR guys got some pics of me on that one. It seems that I was almost straight up and down at one point. The wife was scared to death :lol:
Rescu2000

DIY Frankie Lift, BBS Rims, Aussie Locker Rear, DTT Front, Renegade Rack & Light Bar, Custom Front Bumper w/ Warn XD9000i, Custom Rear Bumper, JBA UCA's, Full Skids(Mopar, Kilby and Super skid), CRS Rock Rails, CB, EVIC, Nav, power dim mirror, (2) 8" subs under front seats. http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2512777

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 6:31 pm 
LOST Junkie

lol i will be getting some soon from edward...so any more ideas of places to go...i though gwnf would be good...start in my homw town...woodstock, va hit petersmill camp there...then south to harrisonburg to another area there...not sure about the harrisonburg trails but i know there set up the same as petters mill in gwnf... also what about crozet...isnt that in vianna?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 7:20 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

rescu2000 wrote:
Honestly, I think I climbed stuff this last weekend that seemed as tough as some of those above.

Daniel at Uwharrie is beginner level at Telico.
Pictures never do justice, you don't get a good idea of the angle and depth of the drop offs.

As far as Moab, from what I've seen, the hard stuff in Moab is flat rock with steep climbs or going around boulders. Again, can't really tell by the pictures, but I do know that Moab doesn't have trees.

As for being scared, just scared of running up high bills of repairing things on my Liberty.

CRS-Rock Rails * Rusty's Lift * *MTR's * Husky Mats * The 'Grill' and Shelf

FRS/CB (ch 6)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 8:56 am 
LOST Addict

LoganSix wrote:
Pictures never do justice, you don't get a good idea of the angle and depth of the drop offs.

Already took that into account :) I've taken pictures of steep climbs before and I know how they turn out ... they lack the depth.

LoganSix wrote:
Again, can't really tell by the pictures, but I do know that Moab doesn't have trees.

But Big Bear does.

LoganSix wrote:
As for being scared, just scared of running up high bills of repairing things on my Liberty.

I agree with this completely. As a daily driver, if I broke it I'm doubly screwed :) This is not to detract from the difficulty at Telico, which is apparent from the last couple of photos.

I don't think a Libby would have a chance at some of the tougher trails at Telico, unless it has lockers and really good driver, and a winch.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 9:58 am 
LOST Member

I've been pretty impressed with the Libby, but I realize that it does have some very real limitations. Tire size and the weak dana 30a being our main ones. I will have a locker in place in the rear by the middle of July.

As an example of what the Libby will do though, take a look at this YouTube video of one (not much different than mine) at Moab...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7O7okeVBsY

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 10:19 am 
Moderator / Lifetime Member
Moderator / Lifetime Member

I did a few trails at Tellico with my KJ. I dragged it, winched it, and jacked it over about 100 yards of the sharpest, slipperiest, biggest rocks I have ever wheeled on.

the 2 vehicles with me were a Rubicon on 37's and a tube buggy... I THOUGHT I was following them to a spot on the trail to park, but they pulled me all the way through it... I bent my Skid Row skid plate, crushed my pre-cat, and darn near tore the gas tank out of the Lib...

So, yeah it is do-able, and if body damage is not an issue, have at it!

Boat Drinks OffRoad Co-Founder
H&K USP .45 Attitude Backer

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 5:58 pm 
LOST Junkie

ok then no tellico...how about uwharrie, gulches, gwnf or crozet? the more the better so lets get going

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 10:51 pm 
LOST Junkie

plans?? comeon guys this might be the first time to test the liberty on some rocks...i want to make a date

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 11:10 pm 
LOST Member

I plan on being at Uwharrie at least once a month (probably more) this summer. We go camping a lot anyway.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 10:10 pm 
LOST Junkie

ok...looked at the location of corzet and is up the mountian after charletsville( or how ever it is spelled :roll: ) off of VA I 64...looking to find a free weekend date for that in late july...anyone know of a site to get more info??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 10:17 pm 
LOST Addict

ohv_kj wrote:
ok...looked at the location of corzet and is up the mountian after charletsville( or how ever it is spelled :roll: ) off of VA I 64...looking to find a free weekend date for that in late july...anyone know of a site to get more info??

thats not too far from me..i'd be up for that.

L.O.S.T. #225019
2003 Sport 4x4
Patriot Blue w/ trail rash
Flex-Zilla 4" Lift
TrailRash hi-lift mounts
Other stuff you wish you had :-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 11:15 pm 
LOST Junkie

yeah it is right up toward waynsboro...do you know where i can get a number?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:20 am 
LOST Junkie

ppl who have showed interest are as follow...

ohv_kj
ronnie helmo
logansix
rescu2000
dirtykj
redwolf698
jeep4me99
kolsey
ramlebliberty

i'm up for any of these...
gulches
uwharrie
crozet...

this is not a trip for me...you all decide where to go...i'm just trying to get somthing going somwhere...i would love to save up and go to the east coast safari but not the 7 hr drive for just 3 days...unless you guys can talk me into it :twisted: