It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:11 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 9:19 am 
LOST Member

If you cant get all of the skids, I woud highly recommend a least getting the tranny skid. It's $50. The front one is around $75. I might be tempted to buy that one first. I know that mine took a beating last time we were out, but we did some pretty aggressive stuff (like Daniel).

I have a tranny skid that I might part with. It is in good shape, I just replaced it with a Skid Row plate. I'll see if I have enough nutzerts for you to mount it. If so, we could slap it on in a matter of minutes at Uwharrie. Although, if you are able, I highly recommend that you don't use the nutzerts and instead put bolts in...

Rescu2000

DIY Frankie Lift, BBS Rims, Aussie Locker Rear, DTT Front, Renegade Rack & Light Bar, Custom Front Bumper w/ Warn XD9000i, Custom Rear Bumper, JBA UCA's, Full Skids(Mopar, Kilby and Super skid), CRS Rock Rails, CB, EVIC, Nav, power dim mirror, (2) 8" subs under front seats. http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2512777

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 9:56 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

With the rain we've had lately, the trails are going to be even worse.

CRS-Rock Rails * Rusty's Lift * *MTR's * Husky Mats * The 'Grill' and Shelf

FRS/CB (ch 6)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 1:08 pm 
LOST Addict

LoganSix wrote:
With the rain we've had lately, the trails are going to be even worse.

OHHH GOOODY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :twisted:

Mid-Atlantic & Carolina LOST #236236
2006 TJ Solar Yellow Rubicon
Lockers, Springs, Skids, Headers, Snorkel,
Exhaust Work, 4.5 Long Arm, Warn M8000
315/75/16 Nitto Terra Grapplers Moab's/SpiderTrax, 6000k HID, IPF H4

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:36 pm 
LOST Member

perfect opportunity to test out the new MTZs :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 4:26 pm 
LOST Junkie

and 33's

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 8:25 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Bring a Super Soaker water gun or something to wipe things down.
Sometimes, there's just not enough washer fluid.

CRS-Rock Rails * Rusty's Lift * *MTR's * Husky Mats * The 'Grill' and Shelf

FRS/CB (ch 6)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 12:32 am 
LOST Junkie

any ideas to were to camp(free camping) i like the two spots one by the back side dickybell...easy to get to and the daniel entrence...i'll go where ever to met up with you all it just might be me coming up from wilmington pm me if you want to camp together and exchange numbers....james

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 3:29 am 
LOST Addict

James, I think my girlfriend might be driving up from Wilmington. She might want to convoy. Ill let you know when the time gets closer.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 11:10 am 
LOST Junkie

alright...i paning to come up either early friday or late thursday...i found out thier is a rock krwling event...so i want to get a camp site...not sure how big it is....let me know

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 12:56 am 
LOST Member

Ok Guys,
I'm still planning on being there. I am ordering the UCA's in the morning and making sure that I will not have coverage that weekend. I do have Six Sigma Green Belt training Thursday night and Sunday night. That means that I will not be able to take off those nights. So my trip will be limited to leaving around 8AM Friday and returning sometime Sunday. No biggie.

I'm up for a group camp if anyone is interested. We prefer to camp out on the trails. I think the rock crawling event will be at the stables and MOST (not all) of the camping will be in that area. However, we may see quite a bit of spill over into the trails and/or people who want to run the trails AND see the event.

I don't think the Aussie locker is ready to be shipped yet, so I still won't have a locker. It'll be fun anyway and I'll get to test out the UCA's, Skid Row tranny skid, new CB antannae mount, and the CRS Rock Rails. Fun Fun.

We shouldn't need it, but just in case, does anyone going have a winch?

I'll be on the CB as I roll into Uwharrie.

DIY Frankie Lift, BBS Rims, Aussie Locker Rear, DTT Front, Renegade Rack & Light Bar, Custom Front Bumper w/ Warn XD9000i, Custom Rear Bumper, JBA UCA's, Full Skids(Mopar, Kilby and Super skid), CRS Rock Rails, CB, EVIC, Nav, power dim mirror, (2) 8" subs under front seats. http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2512777

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 1:14 am 
LOST Junkie

i should have mine up and going but i have more then enough straps and vehicals to get u where you need to go...oh btw...go to youtube and typ in east coast trail raiders and you'll see the vid of you going up daniel...so i'm confused when are you going to be at uwharrie?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 1:16 am 
LOST Junkie

oh count out kolsey...he got sent to special training in vegas...what you expect from a afb named seymour johnson :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 2:57 am 
LOST Member

I'll leave 8AM Friday Morning. That will put me in Uwharrie around 10:30AM to 11:00AM Friday morning. I had a cheapo CB antannae last time (wal mart). It sucked so bad you couldn't hear me in the next vehicle. It was all I could get on short notice. NOW I have a firestick II mounted on the spare tire carrier. (I think Rubigade has this setup). It is mounted on heavy steel and picks up much better. I'm not sure how far it will reach in those mountains, but we should be able to make contact that way.
Thanks,
Rescu2000

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 1:26 pm 
LOST Member

JBA UCA's are in hand. I will have them on by the end of the day today. No locker yet. I'm thinking of just going with a double ARB set up. Hopefully, the Godzilla SFA kit will be out by the time the front grenades...
Rescu2000

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 12:21 am 
LOST Member

So as of right now, it looks like there are four of us are going. OHV_KJ, BeforeDawn, Uvalax, and myself. Any more takers?

James,
I have my JBA UCA's on and everything seems to be ok now. No Locker though. I've decided I'll probably just drop an ARB in front and rear. I think the open diffs will be better since the wife drives this a lot too.

Rescu2000

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 1:41 am 
LOST Addict

Im driving in early Saterday morning. I do need to be a bit careful...worried about the stock axle shafts snapping with the added weight of the tires. Everyone bring a camera cause I dont have one!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 2:04 am 
LOST Member

Hey, My rock rails will look familiar to you. I was told that you were the one that picked them up for BL00. He never put them on. I had them welded to the frame. ROCK SOLID. I used them to put the jack stand under this weekend to put my control arms in. They didn't move a bit, even when I droped the KJ on them to pop the ball joint loose. They're monsters.
Rescu2000

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 2:11 pm 
LOST Addict

rescu2000 wrote:
Hey, My rock rails will look familiar to you. I was told that you were the one that picked them up for BL00. He never put them on. I had them welded to the frame. ROCK SOLID. I used them to put the jack stand under this weekend to put my control arms in. They didn't move a bit, even when I droped the KJ on them to pop the ball joint loose. They're monsters.
Rescu2000

Now that is cool! Those rails still floatin around...years later. You will love them, and their superior strength!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 8:41 pm 
LOST Member

so which camp area are we gonna be at ...

i dont know UNF that well so the locs for the camp grounds are unknown to me

also what time is everyone planning on being there

and is anyone heading out from the cary/hollysprings/apex area so we can caravan. if anyone wants to set this up give me a call at 919 567-3272 or 919 819-4921

what cb channel should i be on as i roll into UNF

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 1:34 am 
LOST Member

CB Channel 36

Campgrounds - There are regular campgrounds available for $15 a night (I think). We plan on "primitive" camping on the trails. I think James is also. It is free to do so with your trail pass. We can group camp if you guys like. Drinking is not allowed on the trail system, if that plays into your decision. I don't mind if anyone drinks, just as long as we keep it reasonable. I personally am in favor of a group camp. But I will have small kids with me, so I don't mind camping in an area separate from the group if you guys are planning a party environment. Either way, we can hook up to do the trails.

Caravan - We are leaving out of Rocky Mount around 8am Friday morning. When are you heading out? We end up going through the southern edge of Raleigh. We can hook up in that area if you want.

I'm really looking forward to getting back out there...

Rescu2000