It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:58 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Looking at buying a kj
PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 10:07 pm 
LOST Newbie

Hey everyone i live in apex north carolina and have always loved to go offroading. Right now i own a v-dub with many mods but am looking into getting a kj. Im 17 years old and will be attending WCU for college. hah Not trying to give my life story but just saying whats up to the carolina forum. I will hopefully get into the Jeep scene by summer. How many Uwharrie runs do you guys normally make? Ive always wanted to go there? Also if anybody around apex has a trail ready kj and wouldnt mind meeting up i would love to check it out and learn more.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:54 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Check out the Re-lift and Meet & Greet thread at the top.

I would say, your best bet would to go down to Cary Auto Park and pickup a 2003-2005 KJ sitting in the used lot. You can probably get it for a real good price. There are multiple lifts available for those years, plus other accessories you can get. I have 108k miles on mine and it's seen it's share of rocks and trees on the trail.

We try to get out to Uwharrie at least once or twice a year. Gas prices prevented a lot of people from going out in the past. We are looking going to Gulches down in SC in February. We also try to head to the OBX, but the lawsuit is sort of putting a hamper on that. There are other Jeep clubs (not just KJs) that might let you wheel with them. Some are friendly to KJs others are not.

CRS-Rock Rails * Rusty's Lift * *MTR's * Husky Mats * The 'Grill' and Shelf

FRS/CB (ch 6)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 1:09 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

basically what logan said. i would just pick up a used one and good lift and you could wheel just about anywhere, plus i could get you a deal on wheels and tire. im the assistant manager of Just Tires in beaver creek commons in apex, probably close to where you work :wink:

L.O.S.T.#85291
Silver '05 KJ Sport 2wd
LSD
Rusty's 2.5" Lift
245-75-16 Goodyear Wrangler DuraTracs
16x8 Soft 8 Rims
K&N Drop In
Magnaflow Exhaust
Beretta Cougar .357SIG
Taurus Mil Pro 9mm

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 1:55 pm 
LOST Newbie

cluelessklewer wrote:
basically what logan said. i would just pick up a used one and good lift and you could wheel just about anywhere, plus i could get you a deal on wheels and tire. im the assistant manager of Just Tires in beaver creek commons in apex, probably close to where you work :wink:

yeah dude ha ive met you before at chick-fil-a. Im looking at getting a kj in the next few months or so. Ive always liked the way they look lifted and with some nice bfgoodrich AT KO's. Id be hitten up Uwharrie like every weekend haha

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 4:04 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

yea, i figured that was you. go ahead and get the kj and worry about about the rest later...

L.O.S.T.#85291
Silver '05 KJ Sport 2wd
LSD
Rusty's 2.5" Lift
245-75-16 Goodyear Wrangler DuraTracs
16x8 Soft 8 Rims
K&N Drop In
Magnaflow Exhaust
Beretta Cougar .357SIG
Taurus Mil Pro 9mm

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 8:44 pm 
LOST Member

To touch on what LoganSix said. The 2003's are nice if u want a rig that has good manners onroad and goes like mad offroad. However, I do want to throw one twist in there. If you plan on going crazy with it. Get a 2002 or early 2003. They have the stronger tranny.

Also, I do not want to jack the thread, but if u are interested, i've considered selling mine. Let me know if u wanna talk about it some time. I'm considering building a "off road only" rig.

DIY Frankie Lift, BBS Rims, Aussie Locker Rear, DTT Front, Renegade Rack & Light Bar, Custom Front Bumper w/ Warn XD9000i, Custom Rear Bumper, JBA UCA's, Full Skids(Mopar, Kilby and Super skid), CRS Rock Rails, CB, EVIC, Nav, power dim mirror, (2) 8" subs under front seats. http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2512777

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 1:31 pm 
LOST Newbie

rescu2000 wrote:
To touch on what LoganSix said. The 2003's are nice if u want a rig that has good manners onroad and goes like mad offroad. However, I do want to throw one twist in there. If you plan on going crazy with it. Get a 2002 or early 2003. They have the stronger tranny.

Also, I do not want to jack the thread, but if u are interested, i've considered selling mine. Let me know if u wanna talk about it some time. I'm considering building a "off road only" rig.

Ok ill keep that in mind thanks...sent a pm

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 3:37 pm 
LOST Member

When it warms up, we'll get a group together for uwharrie. Unfortunately my rig will be full of family, but there should be room for ya with one of the guys.

DIY Frankie Lift, BBS Rims, Aussie Locker Rear, DTT Front, Renegade Rack & Light Bar, Custom Front Bumper w/ Warn XD9000i, Custom Rear Bumper, JBA UCA's, Full Skids(Mopar, Kilby and Super skid), CRS Rock Rails, CB, EVIC, Nav, power dim mirror, (2) 8" subs under front seats. http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2512777

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 9:33 pm 
LOST Junkie

oh yeah...i have a early model 03...the tranny still likes me :lol: :? :oops: :lol: