It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:11 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: information sharing
PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 7:41 am 
Moderator / Lifetime Member
Moderator / Lifetime Member

I just wanted to post a public "thanks man" to Jeepinjarhead for putting up with me questioning just about everything about an 07 Liberty. From the transmission quirks to the engine, window regulators to why the fudge there are so many electronic nannies watching over me (AND malfunctioning).

He took the time to walk me through some ideas and thoughts, we chatted about the oddities, and he helped point me in a direction without mocking me too much. It's always nice to have resources to call on who can help you through things, and jeepinjarhead is truly a valuable resource.

So 2007 Lib with less than 65000 miles, and the drivers rear window regulator already snapped, and of course just like in jeepinjarhead's Jeep, the cable fell in front of the door latch, effectively locking the door closed with no way of opening it without major surgery. When I called to order a regulator, I was told that I couldn't get the $100 part anymore because they had discontinued it and replacedit with new regulator, glass, motor assembly for the low price of $278. Huh? $278!?

In this day and age I can't understand a manufacturers decision to more than double the cost of a known bad part to the unsuspecting public, but when I pointed this out to a parts pro, I was told "well no one is complaining and I am selling a ton of them, so I guess it works"

It's a freaking window regulator!

Boat Drinks OffRoad Co-Founder
H&K USP .45 Attitude Backer

Post subject: Re: information sharing
PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 12:22 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

at least you no longer employ the chump that you had install my 4 (insurance covered) regs who spent two days jerking off inside my Jeep or something and managed to get the black door sealant from the plastic covering the innerds of the door on the side of my seat ;) hahaha

I don't mind fielding questions or even just chit chatting with people who need some non-forum post/read/wait advice and I do it often

only difference is, when you call dan... I actually answer the phone instead of screening :P

see ya sometime around the middle of the week, still in new bern

Lift: ft. 790+ rr. JBA4+
The last of the TrailReady Front&Rear Bumpers and TR Rock Rails
Jarhead Offroad light covers
31x10.5R15 RedLetter Grabbers on Blackrock Dunes
L.O.S.T #KD098632