It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:51 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Meet and Greet/Wrenchfest
PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 3:20 pm 
LOST Addict

Hello,

My name is Zachary Sperry I have been a LOST member for about a year and been in South Carolina most of my life. I am going to try and get the Carolina LOST members up and moving and organized. So, first thing to do is get a meet and greet so everyone can get to know all the members again. So i am looking for dates that work for everyone. I have a full stocked shop here in greenwood SC with multiple bays, Oil pit, Jacks, and air access. So I was thinking everyone meet there we grill out wrench on some jeeps and have a few. I just need to know when works for everyone and what kind of projects to expect? Just keep in mind I will be attending ECS so anytime before or after that is more then fine with me.

Post subject: Re: Meet and Greet/Wrenchfest
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:06 pm 
LOST Addict

Ok this is bad 11 views and not one reply tell me what i am doing wrong free food free indoor work place with tools and beer. I mean I am no Tom Mudd but i know my KJs and did my own lift even taken it apart more times then i can count. I have RL rock sliders bumper and rack all self installed in the shop. Have done everything from head work to body work and more then willing to help anyone. I know the Carolinas where dead but dang tell me what i need to do to get everyone intrested.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 12:51 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

audiboy86 wrote:
Ok this is bad 11 views and not one reply tell me what i am doing wrong free food free indoor work place with tools and beer. I mean I am no Tom Mudd but i know my KJs and did my own lift even taken it apart more times then i can count. I have RL rock sliders bumper and rack all self installed in the shop. Have done everything from head work to body work and more then willing to help anyone. I know the Carolinas where dead but dang tell me what i need to do to get everyone intrested.

I've been trying to drum up some support for the LOST PNW/BC chapter too. They've been dead for so long that I don't think people even look in these forums anymore. We'd have to find some way to get them looking back here again

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 1:26 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

When i went to reply site was bein all Jazzy

Greenwood SC right? Not a trip I could make often, but I'll come help ya out best I can

NC's got a pretty heavy following through yodas and cherokees/wrangs - not so much on the libertys and I think pretty much everyone attuned to working on their stuff in the driveway by themselves or with other active clubs

I know there's a few at Cherry Point / CLJ / Bragg but there you tend to see them in the hobby shops

but anyhoo

as long as the weekend doesn't fall directly on the 30th I shouldn't have a problem slipping down that way

Atleast with NC I think part of the problem is the way the state is shaped, bulk of the people living at either end of the state, coastal or mountain, end up with 3hr+ drives to the center

Lift: ft. 790+ rr. JBA4+
The last of the TrailReady Front&Rear Bumpers and TR Rock Rails
Jarhead Offroad light covers
31x10.5R15 RedLetter Grabbers on Blackrock Dunes
L.O.S.T #KD098632

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 4:25 pm 
LOST Addict

Yeah i know how that goes there are more Wranglers and Cherokees then most any other off road vehicles. But I am trying to meet all the carolina members and I figured since I have a stocked shop why not get some work done to. I know that Greenwood is a good drive from most places in north carolina and even +4 from some people in South Carolina. I was thinking October 22nd that give a weekend in between events and a month for everyone to decide if they are coming or not.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:51 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

yeah totally get ya

wishin i was at MY shop, rippin my buds 4.0 down and really wish it was at a location with a overhead hoist and where it's sitting i doubt i can even get a block and tackle to it lol ugh

Lift: ft. 790+ rr. JBA4+
The last of the TrailReady Front&Rear Bumpers and TR Rock Rails
Jarhead Offroad light covers
31x10.5R15 RedLetter Grabbers on Blackrock Dunes
L.O.S.T #KD098632

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 10:03 am 
LOST Addict

Lol well i have and A frame set up with a block and tackle set up large enough to lift a dump truck motor. So if rigged right we could almost lift the whole jeep.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 11:13 am 
LOST Member

I would love to meet up... only issue is your about a 5 hour drive from me lol. I could def. use a well equipped shop too, need to do a whole crap load of stuff to the KJ. Found out I have bad tie rods, LBJ are going, need new cv shafts, rebuild the front dif, Driveshaft, replace the exhaust from the cat back, New front rotors & pads, and then move on to new springs & shocks all the way around.... fun fun fun..... $$$$$$

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 5:53 pm 
LOST Addict

Well if i dont get a few more participants it may be a no go but I mean you can come on down i cant promise how much we can get done. Since i dont have any gear tools but i have tools and room to get anything else done. Also since you say you need CVs why not upgrade just read through this thread Napa Cut CVs

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 7:57 pm 
LOST Junkie

Not really sure if I can make it this time around. But if we do one around january then I'm definately there! Would love to meet some more people with kjs

03 Sport - SEMI DIGGERIZED, Surco Rack with Daylighters, OME Lift, Runcool Hood Louvers, RL Front Bumper and Super Skink Sliders, 31" BFG AT/KO on Soft 8s, Skid Row/Mopar Skids, 8k Smittybilt Winch with Synthetic Line.
MY BUILD: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=59628

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:24 pm 
LOST Member

def. a good deal with the CV's I'm just wondering what part are they shaving down. We have a nice mill at our shop, pretty sure I could just ask around and have one of the guys there show me how. A couple of them owe me favors anyways.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:31 pm 
LOST Addict

I cut them with an industrial band saw to cut them. I can not mill the internals without breaking the bit and my Grandfather has over 50 years of experience so I have created a metal jig and do it with a small air powered grinding tool. It takes about 1 1/2 hours to do just the internal walls after cutting the CV and then making the outter lip for the boot and band to hold on to takes about 45 mins with a mill. But that is given ours is almost 30 years old.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:35 pm 
LOST Addict

Well folks it is kinda looking like this is going to be a bust for October 22nd so I will be setting a Poll up in both the carolina and georgia forums here shortly to gauge the best weekend to do this on. I really want a large group even if not everyone works on thier jeep.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 8:10 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

My brother and I started our own offroading club in Charlotte, NC and we will be having our next trail ride November 20th. Check us out on facebook at http://www.facebook.com/charlotteoffroad. We've got almost 80 members right now and theres always room for more KJ's.

Detroit Locker, Warn M8000, Carolina Truggies Rock Rails & Exo Hybrid, Corbeau XP, AMSteel Synthetic Winch Line, BFG Mud Terrain, OME 790 CRD Springs, Optima Red Top, Alpine Headunit, Alpine Type-R Speakers, etc...

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:55 am 
LOST Addict

Hey I just set up a poll for the next Meet&Greet please everyone go and vote.
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=63426

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:24 am 
LOST Newbie

I know no one has been on here in some time now but I'm near Seneca so Greenwood is not far for me. Tell me when and I'll be there

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:52 am 
LOST Addict

Yeah I am acttually working on the next one as we speak but between the heat and my work it may August or September.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:40 am 
LOST Newbie

Just let me know when ahead of time so I can make plans to make it up there.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:56 am 
LOST Junkie

Lets get another meeting together! I'm sure I could find something to bring down to work on if no one else does! :ROTFL:

03 Sport - SEMI DIGGERIZED, Surco Rack with Daylighters, OME Lift, Runcool Hood Louvers, RL Front Bumper and Super Skink Sliders, 31" BFG AT/KO on Soft 8s, Skid Row/Mopar Skids, 8k Smittybilt Winch with Synthetic Line.
MY BUILD: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=59628

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 7:05 am 
LOST Newbie

I'm game! I want to meet some Lost members and see some lifted Libertys. Only ever seen one and it's a girl who doesn't even go offroading.