It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:42 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 9:43 am 
LOST Newbie

I will be able to make it up there. I will go where I can in my stocker and hitch a ride where I cant.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 1:05 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

muser80 wrote:
I will be able to make it up there. I will go where I can in my stocker and hitch a ride where I cant.

Great!

CRS-Rock Rails * Rusty's Lift * *MTR's * Husky Mats * The 'Grill' and Shelf

FRS/CB (ch 6)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 6:29 pm 
LOST Member

I cant wait to see everyone on the trail.

2005 Toyota Tundra V8 4X4 TRD (ebay baby!!)

1984 Jeep CJ7 (Toy)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 8:02 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

My friend backed out, he needs to get some new brakes on his Cherokee.
He was the one who first took me to Uwharrie in his Wrangler with only a 2 inch lift. He taught me that you don't need a huge lift, just good driving skills.

I'm look forward to seeing the new folks tomorrow. I promise to get on making some new club stickers soon and sending them out.

FRS/CB (ch 6)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 4:59 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Wish I hadn't just discovered this site a week ago, or I'd be in attendance.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 5:54 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Well, I have to back out :( due to me getting used to my new title.... "Mr." !!!!!!! I will try to make it to future events, but money is tight right now :cry: Until my unemployment and disability kicks in, i'm not going anywhere!

Ye Old Grocery Getter....
96 XJ 4Dr Stick <----The New Mall Crawler

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 11:10 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

I hope you guys take lots of pics.. So us unforturnate ones can drool and be jealous.. :D

I want to see lots and lots of mud and dirt.. LOL

Have lots of fun and always be safe..

Ben

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 10:26 am 
Lifetime Member! LIBERTY OR DEATH
Lifetime Member!  LIBERTY OR DEATH

How was it guys? I know we're going to see some mud picts! We got NAILED here in VAB, which is good since we were 8" low on the year before Saturday.

Welcome to LOST Mutt! Good to have more LOST in northeastNC/southeastVA!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 1:00 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Actually, the mud pits were pretty low. When we got there, even tho' it rained on the way, the trails were dry. There was a little rain while we ate lunch.

We only got to do two trails, due to an extended lunch break.

The group metup about 9 am at the Elrodeo Outputs. We had a total of 5 Liberty's and one Izuzu Vehicross. After airing down and getting trail passes, the group was lined up and we headed towards the trail. We started out on the main loop, which was pretty flat. There was noise from the stock Liberty that he was rubbing on the burms, which was to be expected. Determining that the trails had been made pretty flat, the group was lead down Daniel, which is the toughest trail in Uwharrie. Most people start at the road entrance and head back towards the loop, the most difficult direction.

On Daniel the plan was to go to the top of the trail and turn around. We made our way through the minor obstacles and a the creek play area. With no real troubles, we continued heading up the trail and found a stopping point to take a picture. In the middle of getting the pose set, a power steering hose popped on one of the Liberty's and spewed fluid like a fightened boy peeing his pants. After a few attempts to reattach the hose, it was decided to call for support and start lunch. The Grill was brought out and burgers cook. A tarp was hung between to Liberty's to provide a small shelter. Tech support suggested running the Liberty without the power steering fluid.

After lunch we packed up and tried to finish Daniel. We had seen a few lesser vehicles come up the trail, so it was assumed that there would be an easy path down the rocky part of the trail. The trail did have an easy path, if you stayed on the correct line. One Liberty got off the line a little bit and we had to wench his tail back on and down to mother earth. It was a good teamwork experience for the group. Further down the trail was a hairpin cut back that wasn't very fun for the Liberty without power steering, which turned into another small drop. The drop was small, but it caught a couple people off gaurd and we had an "oh crap!" moment. Before the heart beats could get back to normal, we got up to the boulder on the trail. It probably wouldn't have been too bad going up, but erosion caused the Liberty's to stick up a back wheel and give the impression of rolling down the mountain. After a couple of line up attempts, the correct one was found and everyone made it down the boulder with only a little rail paint being left behind. The Vehicross had a nice little tail in the air experience as he came off the boulder and took the turn. Again, staying on the right line always helps.

After not too much longer, everyone was down and into the parking lot. The tow truck for the wounded Liberty had gone, so it was taken back to the Outpost. The rest of the group headed back out onto the trail, minus the stocker, and hit another short trail.

Nothing really to write home about Fox Den, but there were a few mud puddles for splashing. The mud however was almost as thick as toothpaste and accounted for trouble with one Liberty and the Vehicross later. The group finished up the short trail and headed back to the Outpost to air up and head home.

Overall it was a fun experience. No vehicles were severly damaged and some newbies got some great trail experience. "When's the next run?" was asked many times.

FRS/CB (ch 6)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 7:14 pm 
LOST Newbie

Sorry we missed you guys this time. We got down there with a friend of ours around 1 or so, ran a few trails, and headed out around 5 or 5:30. This was our buddy's first time out on the trails, and he had a great time and is ready to go back again. We saw one Liberty, but we were down the trail waiting for a group called the JeepMonkeys to get by, and by the time we were walking up to see if it was a LOST KJ, they had turned around and gone back the other way. We got started talking to some of the Carolina Trailblazers and we never did really see any other groups that day. So, whens the next run?