It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:16 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: N.E. guys what lift do you guys have?
PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 9:37 am 
LOST Member

just wondering what all the n.e guys had for lifts? post up what you got.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 4:01 pm 
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

I know Jeff has the Frankin lift,& mine is a mini lift-pre lowerd springs front & back,.75 poly spacers up front ( to level) Rancho rsx's & 245/70 BFG AT's I'd say about 1 1/4 close to 1.5 of lift on mine,and I know there are a couple that have the Rusty's lift & they love it

04 COLUMBIA ED. & 04 SPORT

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 2:34 pm 
LOST Member

I wanted the franken but its steep on the wallet. I have 2400 to get stuff for the jeep. I also have another problem, I NEED a trailready front bumper (before i bought my jeep I saw a pic of a libby with TR bumper, that was why i finalized my purchase decision on the KJ) thats gonna cost $1150 shipped, leavin $1200, so i am thinking rustys 2.5 coil lift, all j skid, and boulder bars.

I should be able to just pull it off, and get tires later. I barely sleep at night trying to decide what to do with the money i have.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 3:06 pm 
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

good choice on things just make sure you get all the skid plates engine,tranny,transfer case,gas tank & the front skid that protects the front diff area & you should have front & rear recovery points those are just as important as skids you may never use them but thier there just incase

04 COLUMBIA ED. & 04 SPORT

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 10:09 am 
LOST Addict

ratmloud wrote:
I wanted the franken but its steep on the wallet. I have 2400 to get stuff for the jeep. I also have another problem, I NEED a trailready front bumper (before i bought my jeep I saw a pic of a libby with TR bumper, that was why i finalized my purchase decision on the KJ) thats gonna cost $1150 shipped, leavin $1200, so i am thinking rustys 2.5 coil lift, all j skid, and boulder bars.

I should be able to just pull it off, and get tires later. I barely sleep at night trying to decide what to do with the money i have.

YEOW that's an expensive bumper. You can buy a used YJ for that price! It does look pretty sick, though.

Something to consider with a bumper that heavy is the load on the springs. There have been some complaints in the past about Rustys springs being a little bit saggy, so I imagine that could be a lot worse with a heavy bumper. If you get OME springs in the front (like with the frankenlift) you can pick what spring weight you want (medium, heavy) and that might be better at supporting the weight. I'd suggest at least asking Rusty's what they think you should do to support all that weight.

You should have no problem keeping the old tires, even with a lift. I am still running my 235/70R16 with a frankenlift. It looks a little strange, but it's apparently not noticable to most people, only other liberty drivers. I'm collecting MTR tires one at a time whenever I find one cheap.

if you don't already have recovery hooks, I'll "hook" you up with a deal on a rear hook. If you want it I can bring it to the NH run if you are going, or I can meet you elsewhere in MA pretty easily at some point. Much easier than shipping, which is why I am itching to sell it locally.

Post subject: Re: N.E. guys what lift do you guys have?
PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 2:10 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

I am running on Rustys suspension lift.

3 inch lift; Rusty's springs all around, Rancho struts + 4 electrical conduit washers up front. Old Man Emu in rear.
Moog K3199 in the lowers
General Grabber AT2 - 245 75 16 "load E on a mawl crawler? You don't need those." tire dealer.
K&N Filter
Silverstar Ultras