It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:27 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: LOST NE/Operation Gratitude Run - 12/04/05
PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 11:42 pm 
LOST Member

WHO: Anyone that's interested!
WHEN: Sunday, December 4th
WHERE: Somerset Chrysler Jeep, Somerset, MA
WHAT: Collection of items for our troops (see below)

OPERATION GRATITUDE is a non profit organization that collects items and puts together care packages to send to our troops. This year, Jeep has offered it's assistance to this orgianization by means of being a drop off point for care package materials. Our plan as a club is to collect the items from their 'wish list' and meet at a centrally located Jeep dealership to make one big drop off!

Click here to visit the Operation Gratitude website for more info.

Click here to visit the Jeep website for info on what DC is doing for this effort.

Click here do download the promotional flyer shown below.

Here's what it looks like:

L.O.S.T. NE #022332
2005 KJ Rennie, Black, Stock for now :)
1995 YJ, Black, Plow Rig, Fun to drive!
My CarDomain Site (under construction)

Last edited by NHLiberty on Fri Dec 23, 2005 8:20 pm, edited 17 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 10:00 pm 
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

WE can make this a mini meet all inone there's a Chili's right next door & a Pub 99 not to far from there easy on easy off the highway
COME ON GUY'S LET'S DO THIS,it'll give us a chance to help other's & meet up don't know when we'll be able to meet again? HOPEFULLY BEFORE the next wheelin trip Memorial day

04 COLUMBIA ED. & 04 SPORT

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 5:27 pm 
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

WELL we're ALL SET :D THE OWNER (BARRY) would be more than happy for us to come down,he litteraly just got the memo 20 min before I showed up about the cause,anyways he's pawning it off on his parts mngr.(John) to get everything in place (nice to be an owner :wink: ) I also talked to john & he wants me to give him a heads up the begining of that week(mon) like I said we're all set
I'd like to do a group photo infront of the dealership for the web site for those of us that are coming :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 12:57 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Anyone from Connecticut going? Preferably near Wallingford? Also, Farmingdale NY (Long Island)? The company I work for has offices in those locations, so we are thinking of having drop off points there. If anyone lives near there, and can make a pick-up, let me know. If not, there are employees that travel between the offices, so I am not stuck.

Thanks,

2004 Sport with just enough to get me in trouble 8)
http://picasaweb.google.com/TRCorcoran

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 1:11 pm 
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

got a little more info today,the dealer orderd the banners & such for the cause & they'll be doing up a commander in the showroom so this ought to be pretty cool,& our flyers for the club should be up today :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 2:11 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Sounds good Pete. I found out today that my company is going to make a $100 donation to the cause as well!

On another note, what time are we meeting at the dealer? Also, does anyone want to meet up on the way? I'm thinking that Sue will be driving by my house, and I spoke to Wayne, and we will be driving by his house. I'm thinking we just start a caravan and keep adding to it as we get closer. Might be cool showing up together. Wayne did say he was going to try to get in touch with Jaimal, and he will keep us posted.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 3:18 pm 
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Tim what I was thinkin is if you guy's comedown 93 right through boston,& pick up rt 24 south towards Fall River,I will meet all of you at the service area (official) in east bridgewater,there's a burger king,mobil station right there incase any of you have to stop for what ever reason & then you all can follow me :wink: do any of you know where abouts I'm talking :?: it's pretty easy to get to,you would have to go this way anyway to get to somerset,the dealer don't open till 12 so give me a time to meet you guy's on the highway & I'll be there

that also was my plan a CONVOY :D of kj's,it'll take me about 20-30 min to get to the meeting place. how's this sound :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 9:28 pm 
LOST Member

Wow, yet another run I'd love to make but won't be able to... It's Kim's grandmother's 90th birthday! Have fun guys.

L.O.S.T.#000574
Blue Maglite, Revos on spare rims, Fuzzy Dice.
Long Island/Vermont

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 11:04 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Actually Pete, I was thinking of taking 495. I had talked to Wayne last week, and he mentioned meeting him somewhere. Would 93 be that much quicker? Let me know, and maybe I can work something out with Wayne.

Do we want to meet for lunch somewhere too? Just a thought.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 4:57 pm 
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Lunch would be right next door from the dealer (if you can hold out?) chili's or 10 min from there is a pub99 your choice that was my plan originaly,let me know if ya want to change this

495 would work also to get to rt 24 south,I don't know which way NHLiberty (sue) is coming :?: she might use 93 if she's around Laconia area,I had thought it would be a more direct route,on the other hand 495 won't take ya directly through Boston you'll avoid it all together,either way there's another spot you can meet me ( park & ride) just have to find out the exit # tomorrow on my way home from work,so we'll just meet there instead,incase everyone goes differant directions

I'LL let you know the exit # tomorrow when I get home :) This is gonna be cool,might even talk my wife into adding HER KJ to the convoy,might just be mine though :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 8:47 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

I'm sure Sue will be taking 93, but I'm right at the junction of 93 and 495, so either way is fine with me. I just figured 495 because I can skip going through Boston, and I can meet Wayne. Let me know the exit number, and we'll plan for that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 5:17 pm 
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

OK :D well on my way home I decided to have you guy's take exit 9 Middelborough-Freetown exit off rt 24 south,at the bottom of the ramp turn left you'll go under the highway & on your left ( 1500 ft or so) there is a Dunkin Donuts & I believe it's a Mobil station also if you need gas (Shell station across the street also) I'll be in the BACK PARKING LOT,Tim you remember what my jeep looks like right :?: Sue look for a silver Columbia ed. graphite rims with L.O.S.T. across the windshield you shouldn't miss me also have a white cb antenna sticking up over the roof

I'll pm you guy's my cell # so you can call me when you get close if you want or you can try my cb I'll be on channel 7,don't know how well it'll work in that particular area but you can try

We'll meet say at 12 or there abouts is this cool with you guy's ,dealership doesn't open till 12 anyway,I'll probably get there alittle after 11:30 to make sure I'm there before you arrive :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 8:12 am 
LOST Member

We'll actually be coming from the south. We're bringing my Mom home to NJ Saturday and heading back to NH on Sunday. Since the dealership doesn't open till noon anyway - would you guys mind making at around 1 or 2? Mapquest says it's 5 hours from Brick, NJ to Somerset, MA - but that's taking 95 up. We usually go 84 - I'm gonna check both routes and I'll have a better idea of what time we can get there and which route would be best. I really wanna make this!! So if the time can be flexible - I can try and work it out.
Thanks!
Sue

L.O.S.T. NE #022332

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 10:52 am 
LOST Member

It's all good to me. Just be careful driving during this time of year and let's not be in a hurry. As long as we all get there safely, times not a big deal to me at this point. Have a safe trip Sue.

Pete and Tim, I'll see you guys there. I spoke with Jaimal and I'm not sure if he's going to be making it or not. He didn't say.

What about the guys from VT? Anyone heard from them?

HAVE A SAFE AND HAPPY THANKSGIVING to all of you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 5:01 pm 
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

I was going to have everyone meet at noon at exit 9 due to sue's little delema let's say we'll meet at 1:00 instead at exit 9,the dealership is about 15min away is this ok with you guy's :?:

Sue when you find out a rough estimate you'll be there let us know or call me when you get close either way we'll wait for you :wink: as wayne said most important BE SAFE :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 5:38 pm 
LOST Newbie

Hi it dose not look like we will be down. But things may Change.

Snowtracker studed snow tires.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 10:58 pm 
LOST Member

Well, I just looked more closely at the map - and I had no idea where it really was. We've traveled home via Route 95 before and the traffic through Bridgeport and New Haven (no matter what time of day/week/year) is God awful! Not to mention we'd have to go through Providence too...we already have a 6 1/2 hour drive and we'll have the dog with us too..so it looks like we may have to bow out of this...

I will press my Mom to stay here 1 more week if we get a large turnout of stuff at my work...so far it hasn't been great at all...but people usually come through near the end when we crunch them with the deadline. If I only end up with a small quantity of stuff I'll just drop it off locally at Lakes.

We'll see - I'll keep you all posted.
Sue

L.O.S.T. NE #022332

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 12:00 pm 
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

I'll be making the call monday to remind the dealer we'll be there on sunday

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 10:29 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

So this is what I'm thinking....

495 south to rt 24 south to exit 9. Turn left at bottom of the ramp. Go back under the highway, there will be a Dunkin Donuts and Mobil on left. Pete will be in the back parking lot at 1:00 PM

Wayne, do you want to meet somewhere along 495? It looks like about an hour and a half (or so) from my house. I know I can make it to the Mass Pike in a half hour, so maybe less. I'll probably be leaving my house around 11:30 AM. You have my cell if you want to call me. Pete I have your cell (I won't have a CB) so I can get in touch with you.
Anyone else coming from up this way? I'm also close to 93 if that helps.
PM me for cell # if needed.

Thanks,
Tim

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 2:10 pm 
LOST Member

Well, here we go again. I just found out that I may be out of town for this event. I may be back in time but, I'm not holding my breath. If I make it back to go I will keep my eyes posted to the boards and Tim I will give you a call. If I don't make it back in time. Have fun and take some pics to post for the rest of us to see.