It is currently Sun Dec 16, 2018 12:56 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Snorkle
PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 10:02 pm 
Offline
LOST Member

Joined: Wed Jul 26, 2006 7:15 pm
Posts: 204
Location: Westchester, NY
Hello to my Jeeping Pals,

Well, I finally broke down and picked up a snorkle. Can't wait till it gets here. More to follow on this I'm sure

_________________
2012 JK Sport, Lost NE # 020032
S Pkg, Skids, Front/Rear Hooks
Warn 8500 winch

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2416576


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 7:48 am 
Offline
JEEPZILLIA
JEEPZILLIA
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 26, 2006 3:34 pm
Posts: 2358
Location: Orange County: Newburgh NY
let me know whn you get it. I will help you get it all set up dude.

_________________
2003 KJ Sport JEEPZILLA Edition
American Flag flying high
Frankenlift removed =(
Moabs and plenty of pin striping
Flexable people don't get bent out of shape!
Current MPG 6" to a gallon
L.O.S.T. # BL065211
www.ItAtYourHome.com


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 3:56 am 
Offline
LOST Member

Joined: Wed Jul 26, 2006 7:15 pm
Posts: 204
Location: Westchester, NY
Jeep Dawg wrote:
let me know whn you get it. I will help you get it all set up dude.


SUP MAN, Its in, and was a fu^&king pain to put in.

Ok, but now I'm wondering what happens when it rains hard and rain gets in the tube. Any ideas??????????????????

_________________
2012 JK Sport, Lost NE # 020032
S Pkg, Skids, Front/Rear Hooks
Warn 8500 winch

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2416576


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 5:52 am 
Offline
JEEPZILLIA
JEEPZILLIA
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 26, 2006 3:34 pm
Posts: 2358
Location: Orange County: Newburgh NY
you installed it all ready?

where is the pictures dude?

I will be in Croton on the Hudson later today

_________________
2003 KJ Sport JEEPZILLA Edition
American Flag flying high
Frankenlift removed =(
Moabs and plenty of pin striping
Flexable people don't get bent out of shape!
Current MPG 6" to a gallon
L.O.S.T. # BL065211
www.ItAtYourHome.com


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Snorkle
PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 1:31 pm 
Offline
LOST Member
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2005 9:42 pm
Posts: 390
Location: NY Mid-Hudson Valley
stever71 wrote:
Hello to my Jeeping Pals,

Well, I finally broke down and picked up a snorkle. Can't wait till it gets here. More to follow on this I'm sure


You planing to cross the Hudson without paying a toll?

_________________
Image

'04 Khaki Renegade
L.O.S.T. Northeast #001947
Cold Spring, New York


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Snorkle
PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:02 pm 
Offline
JEEPZILLIA
JEEPZILLIA
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 26, 2006 3:34 pm
Posts: 2358
Location: Orange County: Newburgh NY
Drucifer wrote:
stever71 wrote:
Hello to my Jeeping Pals,

Well, I finally broke down and picked up a snorkle. Can't wait till it gets here. More to follow on this I'm sure


You planing to cross the Hudson without paying a toll?



HAHA That was a good one Drew...... I needed a good laugh tonight

_________________
2003 KJ Sport JEEPZILLA Edition
American Flag flying high
Frankenlift removed =(
Moabs and plenty of pin striping
Flexable people don't get bent out of shape!
Current MPG 6" to a gallon
L.O.S.T. # BL065211
www.ItAtYourHome.com


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:16 pm 
Offline
LOST Junkie
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2008 11:40 pm
Posts: 636
Location: Southern New Jersey
stever71 wrote:
Jeep Dawg wrote:
let me know whn you get it. I will help you get it all set up dude.


SUP MAN, Its in, and was a fu^&king pain to put in.

Ok, but now I'm wondering what happens when it rains hard and rain gets in the tube. Any ideas??????????????????

When it rains water goes in :( In my opinion the snorkle looks good on the KJ , but not functional when it comes to deep water crossings. If we were to sink our KJ's that far they would not run. Too many components to water proof under the hood. And if by chance they would run , after effects would be a dissaster. There is a lot of work to water proof any jeep, espacially the KJ. But they do help if you live or travel in any dusty enviroment, by raising the intake from the rear airflow if you are following other vehicles. As far as the water getting in in heavy rains, I know a group that run Land Rovers, and they ussualy in torrental downpoors turn the intake to face the rear. But then Land Rover Defenders were designed to get wet :D

_________________
“You cannot solve a problem from the same consciousness that created it."

“Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.”


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Snorkle
PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 1:38 am 
Offline
LOST Member

Joined: Wed Jul 26, 2006 7:15 pm
Posts: 204
Location: Westchester, NY
Drucifer wrote:
stever71 wrote:
Hello to my Jeeping Pals,

Well, I finally broke down and picked up a snorkle. Can't wait till it gets here. More to follow on this I'm sure


You planing to cross the Hudson without paying a toll?


You know it!! I cross the dam TZ just about every day. The thing is, I'm having a problem with my ballast tanks, haha

_________________
2012 JK Sport, Lost NE # 020032
S Pkg, Skids, Front/Rear Hooks
Warn 8500 winch

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2416576


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 1:56 am 
Offline
LOST Member

Joined: Wed Jul 26, 2006 7:15 pm
Posts: 204
Location: Westchester, NY
LIV42DY wrote:
stever71 wrote:
Jeep Dawg wrote:
let me know whn you get it. I will help you get it all set up dude.


SUP MAN, Its in, and was a fu^&king pain to put in.

Ok, but now I'm wondering what happens when it rains hard and rain gets in the tube. Any ideas??????????????????

When it rains water goes in :( In my opinion the snorkle looks good on the KJ , but not functional when it comes to deep water crossings. If we were to sink our KJ's that far they would not run. Too many components to water proof under the hood. And if by chance they would run , after effects would be a dissaster. There is a lot of work to water proof any jeep, espacially the KJ. But they do help if you live or travel in any dusty enviroment, by raising the intake from the rear airflow if you are following other vehicles. As far as the water getting in in heavy rains, I know a group that run Land Rovers, and they ussualy in torrental downpoors turn the intake to face the rear. But then Land Rover Defenders were designed to get wet :D


Thanks, I've done some research on it, called the company down under, and yeah I don't plan on going that deep. The deepest I've been was 27 inches, (water mark) and that was before the snorkle. The snorkle has these little grooves that the water goes out of, but if I get stuck in a major storm, I'll turn it backwards.

At first, it drove like crap, then after, it drove better than before, so I do like it. Now, I need lockers, and maybe a six inch lift, haha.

_________________
2012 JK Sport, Lost NE # 020032
S Pkg, Skids, Front/Rear Hooks
Warn 8500 winch

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2416576


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 12:38 pm 
Offline
LOST Member

Joined: Wed Jul 26, 2006 7:15 pm
Posts: 204
Location: Westchester, NY
Super late posting: Yup, the snorkel looked really cool, and worked well during the less than 5 times I really needed it, lol. Helped me during SS Sandy, and Irene before. However, you're right, there were these small vents that we supposed to vent out the water, but that didn't work, and yup since things are sealed up, the water sits in the box. I noticed that during a massive snowstorm. They do help, but would I get it for my daily driver JK, not a chance, but would if I had a kit Jeep.

LIV42DY wrote:
stever71 wrote:
Jeep Dawg wrote:
let me know whn you get it. I will help you get it all set up dude.


SUP MAN, Its in, and was a fu^&king pain to put in.

Ok, but now I'm wondering what happens when it rains hard and rain gets in the tube. Any ideas??????????????????

When it rains water goes in :( In my opinion the snorkle looks good on the KJ , but not functional when it comes to deep water crossings. If we were to sink our KJ's that far they would not run. Too many components to water proof under the hood. And if by chance they would run , after effects would be a dissaster. There is a lot of work to water proof any jeep, espacially the KJ. But they do help if you live or travel in any dusty enviroment, by raising the intake from the rear airflow if you are following other vehicles. As far as the water getting in in heavy rains, I know a group that run Land Rovers, and they ussualy in torrental downpoors turn the intake to face the rear. But then Land Rover Defenders were designed to get wet :D

_________________
2012 JK Sport, Lost NE # 020032
S Pkg, Skids, Front/Rear Hooks
Warn 8500 winch

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2416576


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group. Color scheme by ColorizeIt!
Logo by pixeldecals.com