It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:44 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Exploring NH
PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 10:59 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Has anyone done anything with these guys in the past? http://www.exploringnh.com
They seem to be pretty active. There having a run at the end of May in NH. I'm probably going to go check it out. Would be cool if there were other Liberties there.

2003 Red Wrangler Freedom Edition

2009 Black Grand Cherokee Rocky Mountain Edition

Post subject: Re: Exploring NH
PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 1:42 pm 
LOST Newbie

Living in NH iv def heard of them. Never done anything with them tho. Id be interested depending on what part of NH it is and i work shift work so i don't always have weekends off ether... :banghead:

4x Doctor Rear diff protector

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 12:45 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

This one is out by Keene. They're meeting at 8 am on the 29th of this month. There's like 50 vehicles signed up right now to go and some real estate place is going to provide hamburgers and hotdogs for lunch. Someone mentioned trying to get WMUR there for news coverage too.
Yesterday they went somewhere around Portsmouth, NH. I had to work though. I work weekends sometimes too.

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 4:05 am 
LOST Newbie

you know if this event is open to out-of-towners? I would be very interested in coming up from MA to do this run.

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 8:24 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

I know there are members from out of state. There's people from Mass, NH, VT, and Maine. It shouldn't be a problem. I don't think you even have to be a member. You may want to sign up on the forum though. There's a list of the requirements for each class of trails they'll be going on. I'm going on the stocker run.
Here's a copy of the op:
Date: Saturday May 29 Memorial weekend (rain or shine)
Time: Arrive at 8am head out by 8:30am (this is an all day event)
Location: We will be meeting up at the gas station on the corner of RT12 and Marlborough rd
Meeting spot

Food: I want to give a big thank you to one of our sponsors Manning Williams Real Estate because they have offer to provide us with burgers, hotdogs, etc. All you will need to bring for yourself is drinks and snacks, and as always if you want to bring enough for others that is always greatly appreciated.
This is mainly a 1 day event but Sunday will be more of a free for all for those who want to run the moderate and the hard trails (there won't be any stocker runs that day). For those of you that want to camp out Saturday night, we have premission to camp out on the property not far from the trails. So bring you tent and sleeping bags for those interested in doing so.

Their will be 3 groups stocker, moderate and hard.
Stocker:
This group will be running the Class 6 trails in the area. This group will be open to any vehicle that has 4wd and is street legal and registered (there will be some on road travel in between the C6's). Keep in mind these trails will not just be easy dirt roads, they will have some technical spots to challenge you and your rig but we will have spotters to help you through them.
Requirements: Recovery points,a spare tire and a reliable vehicle.

Moderate:
This group will be running a section of powerlines that we have gotten premission to run for the day. There are some really challenging spots for the more equiped rigs, but there is also go arounds for the lesser equiped rigs and lesser experienced drivers.
Requirements: 32" tires or bigger, a mild lift, recovery points, a spare tire and a willingness to take a few bangs underneath (Skids and a 1 locker would be helpful on this run but will not be required)

Hard:
This group will be running some custom cut trails that will push the limits of you and your rig, body damage is highly likely.
Requirements: 35" tires (with decent tread, this area can get muddy) or larger, 1 locker and a winch or front and rear locker with no winch, recovery points and a spare tire.
Highly recommended but won't be required: Skids, 2 lockers and a winch, hi lift, tools that fit your rig, some type of roll cage or a solid roof, straps and snatch blocks, and an uncontrollable urge to beat the snot out of your vehicle

Remember no alcohol is aloud at our runs and as always this is a very familiy friendly atmosphere, so bring the wife, girlfriend, boyfriend and kids.
So post up if you want in, right now there is no cap but I may post one if we start getting near 70+ rigs

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 3:19 pm 
LOST Junkie

That seems really cool, I would love to go if only I had my lift in

-Rock Lizard Super Skink Sliders(custom)
-Engine skid, Skidrow Transmission skid
-4" Lift - JBA 4.5 Gen A-arms
Installed@165,920k
Pilot lights on cowl
Engine replacement at 175k

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 5:24 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

I'm going in the stock class. I don't have a lift yet either. They posted today that they will cap the list Sunday night so they can finalize the numbers for food and stuff.

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 10:50 pm 
LOST Junkie

nor am I fully protected underneath, far stroll for something to go wrong lol

-Rock Lizard Super Skink Sliders(custom)
-Engine skid, Skidrow Transmission skid
-4" Lift - JBA 4.5 Gen A-arms
Installed@165,920k
Pilot lights on cowl
Engine replacement at 175k