It is currently Sat May 25, 2024 6:49 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 329 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
 Post subject: Re: ny wheeling
PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 3:22 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Mostrobiscotti wrote:
Cant tell from pic, but has RK lift, with 245/70/16 on it now, switching out front springs, adding grill guard, tow hooks, and hitch. Has half skids, still need gas tank skid

oops had to look, 265/70/16 ,,, that is actually the Turtle wax Ice... two coats and i looks glossy

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 3:54 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

LI_KJ wrote:
Nice color KK ya got there. I'd second vranes comment. Would look sick with lift and tires. Do it!

Ooops! Well, looks great with lift and tires then!
-Jeff

Full Mopar Skids
Yakima roof rack system
ARB bumper
Hella 500's
Rock Lizard Super Skinks
Frankenlift Premium II
GY Duratracs 245/70/16 AT's on Cragar Soft 8s
JBA 4.5 A-arms
Cobra Classic CB

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 4:00 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

LI_KJ wrote:
LI_KJ wrote:
Nice color KK ya got there. I'd second vranes comment. Would look sick with lift and tires. Do it!

-Jeff

Haha its alright,, how its sitting on the soft grown it doesnt really show that its lifted,, i said the same thing when i saw the pics... Just means i need more lift

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 7:59 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Mostrobiscotti wrote:
LI_KJ wrote:
LI_KJ wrote:

-Jeff

Haha its alright,, how its sitting on the soft grown it doesnt really show that its lifted,, i said the same thing when i saw the pics... Just means i need more lift

:lol: Like the way you're thinkn.
Isolaters and spacers?!

Full Mopar Skids
Yakima roof rack system
ARB bumper
Hella 500's
Rock Lizard Super Skinks
Frankenlift Premium II
GY Duratracs 245/70/16 AT's on Cragar Soft 8s
JBA 4.5 A-arms
Cobra Classic CB

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:37 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Yea def think im going with JBA come spring.. have to remove sidesteps and get after market bumpers

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:21 am 
LOST Junkie

Mostrobiscotti wrote:
Mostrobiscotti wrote:
Cant tell from pic, but has RK lift, with 245/70/16 on it now, switching out front springs, adding grill guard, tow hooks, and hitch. Has half skids, still need gas tank skid

oops had to look, 265/70/16 ,,, that is actually the Turtle wax Ice... two coats and i looks glossy

do you rub with the 265/70/16 tires? bc i was thinking of getting those as well. the one i wanna get are General Grabbers AT2's.

Cookie Monster - 04 Silver TJ Rubicon, 5.5" Rock Krawler, 1.25" Body Lift, 35" Goodyear MTR's

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 10:54 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

DoubleK wrote:
Mostrobiscotti wrote:
Mostrobiscotti wrote:

do you rub with the 265/70/16 tires? bc i was thinking of getting those as well. the one i wanna get are General Grabbers AT2's.

No rubbing. we tried a few different sizes and that was the biggest i found that had no rubbing at all..

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 5:37 pm 
LOST Junkie

oh AWESOME! that means i can have those tires! YAY :JEEPIN:

Cookie Monster - 04 Silver TJ Rubicon, 5.5" Rock Krawler, 1.25" Body Lift, 35" Goodyear MTR's

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 12:19 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Decided that we have to plan at least one end of season event to meet up and go off road...

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 8:56 am 
LOST Junkie

few trips this time of season. The guys from LI usually get out every few weeks or so. There is a trip to PA end of Oct. and the NE Toys for Tots run, theyre on the forum.

-Rock Lizard Super Skink Sliders(custom)
-Engine skid, Skidrow Transmission skid
-4" Lift - JBA 4.5 Gen A-arms
Installed@165,920k
Pilot lights on cowl
Engine replacement at 175k

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 3:59 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Deff gonna head down to the toys for Tots.. how many of you will be going down??

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 5:43 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Smetna wrote:
SOOO,

Who lives in NY in the upstate area? Finger Lakes?

. . .Lots of good snowmobile trails to hit this time of year.

Ya i live near watkins glen

black horse grill guard
2 hella 500s

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 8:18 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Coliniksi wrote:
Smetna wrote:
SOOO,

Who lives in NY in the upstate area? Finger Lakes?

. . .Lots of good snowmobile trails to hit this time of year.

Ya i live near watkins glen

You get ahold of me when your going out, we will meet up, just up in syracuse

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 2:05 am 
LOST Junkie

ill be down for a meet at this event. let me know asap so i can get off of work.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 2:40 am 
LOST Junkie

ok so funny story. i went wheeling with a stock 05 TJ and a 91 Mountaineer with tires out east. So there came a time where there was a puddle like maybe a foot deep and the wrangler made it through no prob and the mountaineer drove in it and dipped down then flew up and parked. i went through with absolutely no prob :D so we all parked and shut off our engines. the guy driving the mountaineer looked under the hood bc it was smoking. and we all figured it was just the radiator or something. so we ignored it. went to start our trucks again... and the wrangler started, i started and the mountaineer did not. the funny part is, is that the mountaineer's starter died. it was completely shot. so the two ppl in the wrangler went off and looked for a way to tow him out. meanwhile me an the guy with the mountaineer sat trying to fix his truck. stupidly enough he tried hitting the starter with a hammer then tried turning it on over an over again. then one time he tried starting it an it caught fire! we had to use my fire extinguisher! we tried jumping it a few times..NOTHING! so i thought wait... i have a tow strap, a tow hitch, so does he, why not tow him back out of the trails. well first off we couldnt turn his truck around. also he only had a grill guard on front and second there were not brakes (bc the were shot) and no power steering. so i turned my truck around and my friend who is in the armed forces tied an insane knot to keep us connected be he didnt hav a tow hitch attachment so i put the strap through his towhitch out the back an my friend tied the towstrap INSANELY tight. so the guy witht he mountaineer has bad night vision, the one driving the wrangler can barely drive stick and the other guy felt weird driving other ppls trucks SO the mountaineer guy drove my truck attached to my truck was his truck being driven backwards through the entire trail by ME! with NO Power steering and barely and brakes. the most strenuous driving experience of my life. i back out the entire trail backwards. now thats skill and an experience. :goink: now beat that! :-)r :JEEPIN: :JEEPIN: :JEEPIN: :JEEPIN:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 6:47 pm 
LOST Member

hah when was this?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 7:18 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Pix or it didn't happen :goink:

06 CRD
OME HD w/clevis top plate
JBA 4.5 UCAs
245/75/16r Goodyear Duratrax
Fumoto Valve, V6 ABM
Rock Lizard Super Skinks
Cobra 75 WX ST
ECO GDE tune, 2.5 straight piped
ProVent, Samcoed
Non F37ed TCM
DieHard P1

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 8:19 pm 
LOST Junkie

VMKJCRD wrote:
Pix or it didn't happen :goink:

haha play nice

-Rock Lizard Super Skink Sliders(custom)
-Engine skid, Skidrow Transmission skid
-4" Lift - JBA 4.5 Gen A-arms
Installed@165,920k
Pilot lights on cowl
Engine replacement at 175k

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 11:12 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

DoubleK wrote:
ok so funny story. i went wheeling with a stock 05 TJ and a 91 Mountaineer with tires out east. So there came a time where there was a puddle like maybe a foot deep and the wrangler made it through no prob and the mountaineer drove in it and dipped down then flew up and parked. i went through with absolutely no prob :D so we all parked and shut off our engines. the guy driving the mountaineer looked under the hood bc it was smoking. and we all figured it was just the radiator or something. so we ignored it. went to start our trucks again... and the wrangler started, i started and the mountaineer did not. the funny part is, is that the mountaineer's starter died. it was completely shot. so the two ppl in the wrangler went off and looked for a way to tow him out. meanwhile me an the guy with the mountaineer sat trying to fix his truck. stupidly enough he tried hitting the starter with a hammer then tried turning it on over an over again. then one time he tried starting it an it caught fire! we had to use my fire extinguisher! we tried jumping it a few times..NOTHING! so i thought wait... i have a tow strap, a tow hitch, so does he, why not tow him back out of the trails. well first off we couldnt turn his truck around. also he only had a grill guard on front and second there were not brakes (bc the were shot) and no power steering. so i turned my truck around and my friend who is in the armed forces tied an insane knot to keep us connected be he didnt hav a tow hitch attachment so i put the strap through his towhitch out the back an my friend tied the towstrap INSANELY tight. so the guy witht he mountaineer has bad night vision, the one driving the wrangler can barely drive stick and the other guy felt weird driving other ppls trucks SO the mountaineer guy drove my truck attached to my truck was his truck being driven backwards through the entire trail by ME! with NO Power steering and barely and brakes. the most strenuous driving experience of my life. i back out the entire trail backwards. now thats skill and an experience. :goink: now beat that! :-)r :JEEPIN: :JEEPIN: :JEEPIN: :JEEPIN:

Yea that def takes skill,, Just driving a mountaineer takes guts lol.. Nice DoubleK

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 4:07 am 
LOST Junkie

this was like last saturday night Luigi. HAHA i didnt have my camera on me Peter, im soo maddd! but it def took skill Mostrobiscotti. my muscle on my left arm def grew, my right leg strengthened and my neck stiffened. LMAO :shock: Peter i swear you all would have died laughing if i took pix. that guys POS mountaineer was sooo beat to the bone that everything was rusting and falling off. so that guy went out and bought a F150 pickup and out 35's on it and a 4 inch lift. hes one crazy dude lol :dizzy:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 329 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next