It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:20 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: i need help asap!
PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:54 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Im sick of getting screwed by my dealer... is there any decent dealers u know on Long Island... because hicksville grand prix just had my jeep for 3 days n did nothing... my gas tank over flows and they said they coukdnt get it to happen so they wont do the tsb. They did the sky slider tsb and it made it worse n they refuse to do it again because they believe that they didnt do anything incorrectly. A while back i went to. Have an oil change and they lost the oil cap. I drove home and when i popped the hood it was missing. The jeep also went in for an ebrake adjustment and they said it couldnt be done even though its never worked they refused to adjust it. My truck also went in for the AC tsb... and they said. Didnt need it cause it blew cold air... duh its winter... but all summer long the AC sucked. There was a tsb for incorrect fluid in the differential... they used atf-4 and they should have used atf+4 but refused to even check. Im really fed up. This is the second time ive brought my truck to them and nothing i wanted has gotten done. Please respond quickly as i need my truck. Its my daily driver and these services take a while and my warranty ends soon.

Thanks in advance

08 Revenge- Rock Lizard (Skink Sliders & Gecko Roof Rails), High Clearance Trimmed Front Bumper, Mopar skids, Riddler Diff Cover, JBA (5.5 Arms, 6" rear Springs, Front Adjust-A-Struts), 32" DuraTracs, Superior 4.56's, Front & Rear ARB Lockers, Fastman Throttle Body, AEM Intake, Hypertech Tune, Custom Ram Air, RunCool Louvers

Post subject: Re: i need help asap!
PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 1:33 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Hey John-
The best you can do is just keep trying new dealers. I have had much of the same luck with three dealerships now, so I certainly feel your pain and aggravation. I have brought my Jeep in for a an AC problem since it started to quit on my at 25000 miles. for 25000 more miles they continually tried to fix the problem by charging me either a 100 deductible for the warranty claim or what they deemed was an AC recharge. First they replaced the condenser, the jeep still blew warm air, then 3 recharges and still nothing was fixed. This was almost 2 years, 2 different dealers, 5 trips of bringing it to the dealer for the same AC problem and nothing was fixed though they said they had fixed the problem every single time. All it needed was a recharge! I finally got fed up and took it to my mechanic to let him have a crack at it. He jumped in the Jeep and took a spin with me to feel the problems I was experiencing (Jeep would never have done that since you need an appointment, then after you bring it in it sits on the lot till they can get to it). He then immediately traced the problem to a hose that he thought was clogged that had an inline filter. For the cost of the part, recharge and an hour of labor he would replace the tube with the inline filter and the low pressure switch. I said go ahead and a week later I had extremely cold air conditioning like I had never before. Amazing that he found the problem on day one and the dealer just kept pushing me aside, making me spend more and more money and time on a simple $70 part! So frustrating! What did I pay for when I got this warranty? is the question I have been asking myself! I almost wished I had saved the $500 I had spent on recharges and deductibles and just paid my mech once to get it done right. And BTW it is amazing to be cool and comfortable when the humidity gets high, I will never take AC for granted again!
Now my second problem has been a leaking front pinion seal on my diff. Thats a whole other problem that I won't bore you with the details. Lets just say I have brought the Jeep in 4 times now for the same leak. They have charged me a deductible every time, and have even held the jeep for over week waiting on parts. Plus the annoyance of making appts, and wasting time driving back and forth from the dealer, renting a replacement while they are "fixing" the problem. I could have probably purchased the steel diff by now! :banghead:
So, in the end I think dealerships are the luck of the draw of which we have been losing at repeatedly. I have a 100000mile warranty and wished I didn't sometimes. I'm asking myself constantly what I am paying for and a call to DC does nothing! They have reimbursed me for car rentals as per my warranty plan, but everything else is on my own. It's also hard to get a dealer to warranty stuff once the Jeep is modified depending on the part, so I have been lucky in that they have been warranting my diff so far. But if it is part of a TSB, as in your case, I would think they can fix it and have you on your way...
The way a dealer sees a warranty repair is they are making no money on the repair. So they do as little as possible to keep the Jeep running, and you annoyed at the lack of service and competency. AND then keep you coming back to hopefully try and get you into something new. They have offered me a few times of getting me into something more "offroad worthy", I kinda laughed since my KJ is somewhat offroad worthy so far with the mods I have done. But the repairs and warranty claims have been nothing but a headache.
Lets just say if you are going to a stealership, stay away from Browns, and Westbury in my past experience. I've been trying out Smithtown the dealer I had originally purchased my Jeep at, and so far they have treated me good. I have to bring the Jeep back for another leaky pinion seal! :dizzy: :furious: this month when I have some down time, so I will keep you updated on how they deal with me! I have another40000 miles on my warranty and I hope I can get some good use out of it before then. Good luck John, and I am also sorry to hear of your negative dealings with the stealer!~
END OF RANT! :2cents:

Full Mopar Skids
Yakima roof rack system
ARB bumper
Hella 500's
Rock Lizard Super Skinks
Frankenlift Premium II
GY Duratracs 245/70/16 AT's on Cragar Soft 8s
JBA 4.5 A-arms
Cobra Classic CB

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 6:55 pm 
LOST Junkie

wtf is a tsb

-Rock Lizard Super Skink Sliders(custom)
-Engine skid, Skidrow Transmission skid
-4" Lift - JBA 4.5 Gen A-arms
Installed@165,920k
Pilot lights on cowl
Engine replacement at 175k

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:01 pm 
LOST Member

Try westbury jeep they ok ...they have messed round w me once but usually come out fixen the problem

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:13 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Vranes17 wrote:
wtf is a tsb

Technical service bulletin

Full Mopar Skids
Yakima roof rack system
ARB bumper
Hella 500's
Rock Lizard Super Skinks
Frankenlift Premium II
JBA 4.5 A-arms
Cobra Classic CB

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:13 pm 
LOST Junkie

LI_KJ wrote:
Vranes17 wrote:
wtf is a tsb

Technical service bulletin

ahh

-Rock Lizard Super Skink Sliders(custom)
-Engine skid, Skidrow Transmission skid
-4" Lift - JBA 4.5 Gen A-arms
Installed@165,920k
Pilot lights on cowl
Engine replacement at 175k

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:58 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

i was thinking westbury... i'm going to call there service department tomorrow and try and figure out if they will do it... i even offered hicksville grand prix( hicksville jeep) to take video of it happening to me and they said it wasn't acceptable... such bullpoop... smithtown is kind of a hike for me... but if the service department is anygood to be honest i'll trek out there

08 Revenge- Rock Lizard (Skink Sliders & Gecko Roof Rails), High Clearance Trimmed Front Bumper, Mopar skids, Riddler Diff Cover, JBA (5.5 Arms, 6" rear Springs, Front Adjust-A-Struts), 32" DuraTracs, Superior 4.56's, Front & Rear ARB Lockers, Fastman Throttle Body, AEM Intake, Hypertech Tune, Custom Ram Air, RunCool Louvers

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:01 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

I wouldn't call them, if you could I'd just show up let them figure it out, since you don't have to pay anything anyway.
And there is no such thing as a hike if it gets doo doo done.

I bought my Jeep at Manhattan Jeep, I've never brought it back since, I don't know of their history, but they told me they don't give out loaners because they have too much volume, makes me think they would be too busy to bring to them.

I've brought it to Bayside, walked out before they touched the Jeep, HATED the Service Manager's attitude.

Westbury is just as terrible, but they were nicer before they re-built the service building.
I bring it there because it is very close to where I work, and they pick me up or drop me off when they can.

I'm not sure about Garden City, my friend bought his KK there and after owning the truck for less than a month the paint on the roof was fading/ruined/"eaten through by berries". They wouldn't take it for the warranty, he then brought it to Bayside and they fixed it for free, and did a decent job.

I have a feeling it depends on what mood the "Service Advisor" is in, usually not a good one.

When I brought my Jeep to Westbury a couple of weeks ago, he told me that pretty much everything is voided because of the lift. I then told him, what does the lift have to do with the EVAP system.. (Oh, and that's not solved yet because I haven't been driving my truck since I found out about my CV)
He told me that my gascap was the incorrect one, he then proceded to tell me he couldn't get me a gas cap under warranty because I didn't have the original, I told them that my replacement was identical (which it was), and he said too bad. So I went to Bayside Jeep's Parts department and got one for thirty bucks. (Like mentioned I still don't know if that solved the problem or not, probably not.)

4.10s sitting in a box - 3

Sold-1988 Suzuki Samurai
2002 Jeep TJ

Last edited by infernicus on Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:09 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

you said brought your jeep to them is your last paragraph is that westbury or bayside?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:18 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Sorry, Westbury is the dealer I brought it to for EVAP problem.

Sold-1988 Suzuki Samurai
2002 Jeep TJ

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:59 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

luigi1285 wrote:
Try westbury jeep they ok ...they have messed round w me once but usually come out fixen the problem

I've tried them once and they kept my vehicle for 4 days to figure out it was a recharge. It did not fix my problem, so I took it to another dealer.
A friend of mine has a JK he has been in numerous times for different repairs and constantly gets jerked around. The last time they wanted 250 bucks to have their guy look at a leaky soft top! Not even to repair it, just to look at it! WTF? And he has the preferred customer warranty! Shot in the dark with these dealers.

Full Mopar Skids
Yakima roof rack system
ARB bumper
Hella 500's
Rock Lizard Super Skinks
Frankenlift Premium II
JBA 4.5 A-arms
Cobra Classic CB

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:12 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

so westbury is a no go... hmm i guess bayside maybe?.... this is a effin pain in my rear

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:43 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

At least browns in patchoughe would honor my warranty, just could never correct the problem fully. Smithtown has been good to me but yeah its a hike for you.

Full Mopar Skids
Yakima roof rack system
ARB bumper
Hella 500's
Rock Lizard Super Skinks
Frankenlift Premium II
JBA 4.5 A-arms
Cobra Classic CB

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:49 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

i wouldnt mind taking the hike if i knew they were going ot fix the problem... i know the problem... and i know how to fix it... infact there are instructions... they just need to follow the darn TSB.... they just wont do it at westbury...

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:50 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

If there's a TSB, I think they're supposed to do it. But like you said they can't "replicate" the problem. Your truck was probably just sitting in the lot, and it's impossible to replicate it that way. A decent dealer will know of the TSB and honor it. Just trial and error.

(I forgot to mention, when my driverside rear window regulator went, I brought it to Westbury. Before I gave it to them, I asked if they were going to put the new glass in and not the old regulator, and he knew what I was talking about and said of course.. So, like I said, i guess it depends on their mood, and if it is a "well known" problem. Seeing that there is a TSB, you'd think they would know about it, and honor it.)

Sold-1988 Suzuki Samurai
2002 Jeep TJ

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:01 am 
LOST Junkie

to be completely honest i went to Smithtown Jeep and they were completely annoying all around, i mean you can give it a shot but i know of another place. Huntington Hyundai Jeep ppl are pretty nice. its family owned business and they really know what their talking about, actually my gas tank is overflowing as well every time i get gas, but its only when i do it like i hold down the handle till it clicks and stops then i pull out the thing and it over flows effing everywhere!!! it gets me soo pissed! :furious: :banghead: so im taking libby to them sometime this week, ill let you know how it goes.

Cookie Monster - 04 Silver TJ Rubicon, 5.5" Rock Krawler, 1.25" Body Lift, 35" Goodyear MTR's

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:54 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

yes please do double K as my warranty ends soon so i'd like to get this fixed ASAP

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 2:15 am 
LOST Junkie

two days ago i think my warranty ended bc i hit 36K but ill check it out and ask some prices...

Cookie Monster - 04 Silver TJ Rubicon, 5.5" Rock Krawler, 1.25" Body Lift, 35" Goodyear MTR's

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 2:56 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

ok

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 6:15 pm 
LOST Junkie

I went there and they said that luckily i have a extended warranty so if i did need a new gas tank which they said i might need that it will be free of charge. if i brought it to them just to check it out and find out that i dont need a new gas tank it would cost $50. they would need my truck for the whole day. so i made an appointment for thursday at 9 am. ill let you know how it goes...