It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:01 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Lift Install
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 7:27 pm 
LOST Member

Hey all,

I need to get a RK lift installed on an '08 K-Deuce. I would love to do it myself but don't have a garage and a driveway that is so narrow I can barely get in and out of the Jeep let alone install a lift. (It is also uneven as hell). It is also now freezing out.

Anyway, does anyone know of a good, reasonably priced shop that could install this for me? There is one shop near me that I spoke to who quoted me $600-$800 to install it and they would need the Jeep for 2 days. :evil: Needless to say that is rediculous to install a clevis lift. Plus when I told the guy it was a clevis lift with spring spacers in the back the guy asked me what the hell a clevis was. :dizzy: I have no idea how this place is in business if they don't even know that(supposedly a truck customizing/offroad shop). Any help is greatly appreciated since this lift is sitting in my house...staring at me...laughing. :banghead:

Oh, I am in Quincy, MA. About 5 miles south of Boston.

Thanks

Dez

Mods:
Skyslider fix, K&N Drop in Filter, 7" Soundstream DVD/CD/MP3 Sirius radio with Navigation, Super 44 OR,
Jet Chip Stage II, Mickey Thompson Classic II's with 245/75/16 Duratracs, 3.5" RK lift, JBA A-Arms, OEM Grill Guard,
KC Daylighters, OEM Skids, Hitch, & Tow Hooks

1973 MGB

Post subject: Re: Lift Install
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 9:08 pm 
LOST Junkie

Heres what you do, get some beers, and some buddies preferably one that is a cop, go to a parking lot, layer up on clothing and gloves, and install the clevis there, save yourself the 600$ cause you know once you get the lift on the ideas and $ keep falling out of the pocket. Clevis lift shouldnt take that long to do.

-Rock Lizard Super Skink Sliders(custom)
-Engine skid, Skidrow Transmission skid
-4" Lift - JBA 4.5 Gen A-arms
Installed@165,920k
Pilot lights on cowl
Engine replacement at 175k

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:47 am 
JEEPZILLIA
JEEPZILLIA

Vranes17 wrote:
Heres what you do, get some beers, and some buddies preferably one that is a cop, go to a parking lot, layer up on clothing and gloves, and install the clevis there, save yourself the 600$ cause you know once you get the lift on the ideas and $ keep falling out of the pocket. Clevis lift shouldnt take that long to do.

MONEY STILL FALLING OUT OF MY POCKET EVEN AFTER 1 YEAR OF REMOVING MY LIFT!

I wish I did not have so many problems with mine. Too bad my 03 was the transition suspention year. My suspention was the next test after 02 was found to be to hight, and the susoention mid o3 was changed again in now all the 04 and up have with out any lifting issues.

Moabs and plenty of pin striping
Flexable people don't get bent out of shape!
Current MPG 6" to a gallon
L.O.S.T. # BL065211
www.ItAtYourHome.com

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 12:03 pm 
LOST Member

Jeep Dawg wrote:
Vranes17 wrote:

I wish I did not have so many problems with mine. Too bad my 03 was the transition suspention year. My suspention was the next test after 02 was found to be to hight, and the susoention mid o3 was changed again in now all the 04 and up have with out any lifting issues.

What kind of issues did you have? I have a 03 and was planning on lifting it but now I am having second thoughts. Care to elaborate? :?

245/75/16 Goodyear Duratracs

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 7:12 pm 
LOST Junkie

Jeep Dawg wrote:
Vranes17 wrote:

Didnt know that 03 was another change.Hmm sucks that your still havin problems.

-Rock Lizard Super Skink Sliders(custom)
-Engine skid, Skidrow Transmission skid
-4" Lift - JBA 4.5 Gen A-arms
Installed@165,920k
Pilot lights on cowl
Engine replacement at 175k

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 5:43 am 
LOST Junkie

i would gladly say you can do it my garage or my friends shop but im in NY :[

Cookie Monster - 04 Silver TJ Rubicon, 5.5" Rock Krawler, 1.25" Body Lift, 35" Goodyear MTR's

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 2:57 pm 
JEEPZILLIA
JEEPZILLIA

LetFreedomRing wrote:
Jeep Dawg wrote:
Vranes17 wrote:

What kind of issues did you have? I have a 03 and was planning on lifting it but now I am having second thoughts. Care to elaborate? :?

My production KJ was the first to roll on the updated suspention from 02. Mid 03 it was changed again due to the crap CV/half shaft axels. 04 and up there were no problems with cv's being set higher the OEM height. early 03 the cv's could not handle the height from stock. they were weak and not desighned for it and the springs and struts were crap and sagged quickly. when I lifted mine, I had ended up with 4" on the frankenlift II and i did not add anything else to the kit. I stood 1.5" higher then any other NE kj. (I WILL DIG UP A PICTURE) If I installed the full ABR steel bumpber and winch I would have probally been ok becausemy cv's would have been weighed down a little bit. I also had serious strain on my drive line. I went though 4 cv's, 2 rear drive shafts, 3 front drive shafts, 1 set rear diff and 1 set of front diffs then much later a tranny from the stress.

if you have an 03, check the production and see if your suspention was changed after the early 03 update. if so, spent the money and do it correct with the bumpber. other wise just to a clevis lift and add iso pucks. that will give you 1.5 - 2.0" of lift and keep your cv's at a good angle.

Moabs and plenty of pin striping
Flexable people don't get bent out of shape!
Current MPG 6" to a gallon
L.O.S.T. # BL065211
www.ItAtYourHome.com