It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:41 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Any Fabricators on Long Island?
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:25 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

any one know of any fabrication shops that are decent or any offroad shops... I'm looking to fab up a custom light bar but i can't weld which makes it a little difficult haha

08 Revenge- Rock Lizard (Skink Sliders & Gecko Roof Rails), High Clearance Trimmed Front Bumper, Mopar skids, Riddler Diff Cover, JBA (5.5 Arms, 6" rear Springs, Front Adjust-A-Struts), 32" DuraTracs, Superior 4.56's, Front & Rear ARB Lockers, Fastman Throttle Body, AEM Intake, Hypertech Tune, Custom Ram Air, RunCool Louvers

Post subject: Re: Any Fabricators on Long Island?
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:50 pm 
LOST Member

where are you looking to put the light bar?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:09 pm 
LOST Junkie

RSMoffroad is located in Bohemia. I ordered my wheel spacers through them and they're actually very reasonable and knowledgeable. Im sure they could figure something out for you, and if they couldn't do it them self they would know someone who could help.

Procomp rockkrawlr 16x8 4.25bs with 265-70-65 General Grabber AT2's
Mopar full skid plates, JCR stage 3 Rock Rails
Kenwood HU, 6.5 pioneer marine grade door speakers, JL stealthbox kenwood amp
GDE HOT tune
Soon to come
RL Rock monitor bumper

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:53 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

roof mounted... i have the SkySlider but i have an idea for a design.... pretty simple actually... anyone ever dealth with RMS for fabrication?

08 Revenge- Rock Lizard (Skink Sliders & Gecko Roof Rails), High Clearance Trimmed Front Bumper, Mopar skids, Riddler Diff Cover, JBA (5.5 Arms, 6" rear Springs, Front Adjust-A-Struts), 32" DuraTracs, Superior 4.56's, Front & Rear ARB Lockers, Fastman Throttle Body, AEM Intake, Hypertech Tune, Custom Ram Air, RunCool Louvers

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:09 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Not for fab. They did my lift kit and were not the best to deal with IMHO. When I told them I wanted to lift a Liberty I got the raised eyebrow. Then they tell me they don't typically lift those jeeps. When I told them what my kit consisted of, they were really annoyed I chose OME. They also took a full week to get the kit in! That is before I knew how easy it is to install. Sucks cause they are a good shop and have done a lot of lifts and fab. Give em a try, but my experience was less than great.

Full Mopar Skids
Yakima roof rack system
ARB bumper
Hella 500's
Rock Lizard Super Skinks
Frankenlift Premium II
GY Duratracs 245/70/16 AT's on Cragar Soft 8s
JBA 4.5 A-arms
Cobra Classic CB

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:27 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

alright... I'll give it a try... I'm already lifted so maybe thy won't give me too much of a hard time lol... really all the needa do it just cut, bend n weld lol i have the measurements... so maybe it won't be too bad

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:17 am 
LOST Junkie

He did raise an eyebrow when I told him i needed them for an 06' liberty :-)r but i doesnt bother me really. My jeep can go ten times more places that any of those 6 inch lifted 2 inch body lifted f-250's can go :BANANA:

Procomp rockkrawlr 16x8 4.25bs with 265-70-65 General Grabber AT2's
Mopar full skid plates, JCR stage 3 Rock Rails
Kenwood HU, 6.5 pioneer marine grade door speakers, JL stealthbox kenwood amp
GDE HOT tune
Soon to come
RL Rock monitor bumper

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:04 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

irollgen4s wrote:
He did raise an eyebrow when I told him i needed them for an 06' liberty :-)r but i doesnt bother me really. My jeep can go ten times more places that any of those 6 inch lifted 2 inch body lifted f-250's can go :BANANA:

i hear ya.
I was really hoping that when I went to their shop that they'd be cool with lifting the KJ as I was looking to have more done with them (rear bumper w/ swing away tire carrier). They did a fine job getting the lift in and re-alignment (even though they left out the front extended bumpstops, and rear brake line extensions that I had in the kit). But they kinda left a bad taste after dealing with them. Hope your business with them is more favorable.
Peter was also talking to a guy (Jeepguy631) that owns his own fab shop about building custom front and rear bumpers for our KJs. http://jeepguy631.com.p2.hostingprod.com/home The guy sounded like he was more excited about helping us Libby owners out too. I've never dealt with them before, but the site has some nice examples of custom fab work and builds they have done. Worth a shot looking into for something as simple as a light bar. And they are also in Bohemia, not too far from RMS Offroad http://www.rmsoffroad.com/v4/go.gnf?s=offroad.

just my :2cents:

Full Mopar Skids
Yakima roof rack system
ARB bumper
Hella 500's
Rock Lizard Super Skinks
Frankenlift Premium II
GY Duratracs 245/70/16 AT's on Cragar Soft 8s
JBA 4.5 A-arms
Cobra Classic CB

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:28 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

I'll send him an e-mail

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:07 pm 
LOST Member

You have roof rails right? There is a very simple alternative to making a roof mounted light bar with out a welder as long as you have rails .just takes some patience. But if done right will actually look pretty good

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:00 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Don't listen to Luigi, haha..
jk/jk, I think with the SkySlider, live your dream and go custom..
Should look much nicer.

4.10s sitting in a box - 3

Sold-1988 Suzuki Samurai
2002 Jeep TJ

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:52 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

yes i have roof side rails but i dont want the lights mounted a story high to clear the sky slider roof... i like the design on how far forward KJ renny lights are... maybe even a little further than that... that's what i'm goin for

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:56 am 
LOST Member

thats pretty easy to do concidering you have roof fails. you can put them as far forward as you want you just need a few materials and your set.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:58 am 
LOST Member

just cause you never showed up to take measurements dean doesnt mean dont listen to me cause the same design for a light bar can be applied to your jeep idk if i told you about the new idea but it wouldnt cost more than 30-40 in partsand i think would look pretty good

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:51 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

luigi send me a PM.... i mean i would like to fabricate one but hell if i can make one for cheaper then maybe I'll do that.... how is it gunna sit forward?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:35 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

luigi1285 wrote:
just cause you never showed up to take measurements dean doesnt mean dont listen to me cause the same design for a light bar can be applied to your jeep idk if i told you about the new idea but it wouldnt cost more than 30-40 in partsand i think would look pretty good

I'm listening, lol. What are you doing tomorrow? lol.

Sold-1988 Suzuki Samurai
2002 Jeep TJ

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 4:11 pm 
LOST Member

sent u the ghetto pic also dean

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 4:29 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

I like it, it should work well for KK's, since the roof doesn't slope as much.

Sold-1988 Suzuki Samurai
2002 Jeep TJ

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:15 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Sorta what I had in mind but I have few changes... there will be a bend so the lights dont go atraight out... the ability to have quick disconects.... etc.... goin to see the guy friday about gttin ot made up... gunna try n mass produce em too

Sent from my Dell Streak using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:26 pm 
LOST Member

So you want the light tabs to b bent down at an angle? The only problem with that is when you try and focus the lights you wont be able to focus the lights to far I tried that when I made my light bar and had to go back and re adjust things on it because I could not the the appropriate angle and I only had a minor downward bend