It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:20 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: alignment
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:54 pm 
LOST Newbie

Hey folks,
Does anyone have a good recommendation for alignment places in Brooklyn or even Queens? I got my alignment adjusted today after the lift was done and it pulls left (not drastically, but a bit). I don't want to take it back to where I had it done because they complained that it was too hard to align with the lift anyway. I've never tried alignment so I don't know how hard or easy it should be. I do really love the look of the KJ with the Frankenlift and the new tires/wheels. I can't wait to go and test it out, but will have to do some pinch weld smashing ASAP as there is major rub before full lock.

Thanks,
Craig

Post subject: Re: alignment
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:55 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Most decent shops should have an alignment rack that prints out a spec sheet. a lot of guys go to Firestone and get the lifetime warranty so they can get an alignment whenever they need. My shop in Astoria has aligned mine more than once and comes out perfect every time. If it pulls hard I would have the shop that did the original alignment take a look at it again. Who cares that they complain, they agreed to do it and took your money; if they screwed up then you should make sure all is well, and never go back! :?
I have mine aligned once a year around the time of my inspection. SO far so good, and if you wanna try my shop they are located on 31st st in Astoria. I know having the JBA Arms helps get the specs closer to factory, but a lot of people still are running the OE arms and the alignment is still within spec. Looking forward to seeing this beast in person someday! Congrats on getting it all in Craig!
-Jeff :JEEPIN:

Full Mopar Skids
Yakima roof rack system
ARB bumper
Hella 500's
Rock Lizard Super Skinks
Frankenlift Premium II
GY Duratracs 245/70/16 AT's on Cragar Soft 8s
JBA 4.5 A-arms
Cobra Classic CB

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:22 pm 
LOST Newbie

Thanks dude,
I tried Firestone first to try to get the lifetime alignment. They said that their machine couldn't handle my Liberty (what the heck to they do with a stock F250 or something that is way bigger than this???). I went down the street to another place. The only problem is it was in Staten Island (where I had access to a garage to do the lift). I'm not gonna pay $13 in bridge toll just to go back and argue with them. I'd rather just find a place that does it right/correctly here. It's not a hard pull by any means. It's just slight. I'll wait till next week and I'll see if I can head to Astoria and try your place since you're happy with them.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:34 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Supercraig1 wrote:
Thanks dude,
I tried Firestone first to try to get the lifetime alignment. They said that their machine couldn't handle my Liberty (what the heck to they do with a stock F250 or something that is way bigger than this???). I went down the street to another place. The only problem is it was in Staten Island (where I had access to a garage to do the lift). I'm not gonna pay $13 in bridge toll just to go back and argue with them. I'd rather just find a place that does it right/correctly here. It's not a hard pull by any means. It's just slight. I'll wait till next week and I'll see if I can head to Astoria and try your place since you're happy with them.

If it's not a crazy pull, then just wait till the lift settles out some. Mine squeaked and popped and made a loud racket for the first 1000+ miles. I got a realignment at 1500 miles and it was way out of whack. So much so, my regular mech asked if I had it aligned when I lifted it originally. So, I suggest put a few miles on it, flex it out a bunch and then have it realigned.
I hear ya on the Staten Island thing, ain't worth a drive over that bridge any day!

Full Mopar Skids
Yakima roof rack system
ARB bumper
Hella 500's
Rock Lizard Super Skinks
Frankenlift Premium II
GY Duratracs 245/70/16 AT's on Cragar Soft 8s
JBA 4.5 A-arms
Cobra Classic CB