It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:56 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Almost pulled out 10 WHEELER with two Jeeps!
PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:19 am 
LOST Junkie

I was driving down Jericho Turnpike in Huntington with my friend and his TJ and we stumbled upon a truck that was stuck, so we couldn't just drive past, so we stopped to see what was up. Pulled over, put our hazards on and walked across the street. (another pick up truck stopped to see what we were doing. they were very amused). It seems that he was pulling out of the parking lot and doing what he needed to do, but backed up alongside a snow bank, (a HUGE snow bank). so we went over to him and we're like, "we're gonna take a look! don't move!" so we walked around to see the problem. On the left side of the 10 WHEELER, he was caught on a snow bank and every time he reversed it he would slide into it even more. Then we looked underneath the truck and saw that he had bottomed out and his drive shaft was buried. So went went back over to let him know his problem, and we said "we're gonna start shoveling underneath your truck. Don't move!" (He was Hispanic and didn't understand much English...Fail) so we shoveled, and shoveled, and shoveled. 10 minutes pass and we tried to see if he could give it a shot. we said "Put it in reverse, keep the wheel straight" and of course what does he do?, he reverses, which was good, but then he turned the wheel to the left, which made him slide even more into the snow bank. and we scream "NO! KEEP THE WHEEL STRAIGHT!" so of course he puts it back in drive and turns the wheel to the right. i know right?! another fail.... so anyway, then my friend Dan (the TJ guy) went in front of the truck and used hand signals because it seems that's all the guy understood... and it started to work! we got him back half a foot with our shoveling. then were thinking, 'what are the chances that we can PULL him out??' i know you're probably thinking its a really bad idea, but we knew our limit and when to stop. so we pulled up behind him, connected the tow straps and told him to go in reverse. And for some reason this time he ACTUALLY listened. so we both get tension and start to pull him out in 4 low. we got him back about two feet, then we smelt burnt rubber, so we stopped. (Dan has a I6 6spd TJ and i have a V6 auto KK, and the guys in the pick up truck could of help but they watched because they didnt wanna ruin their truck, it was a huge Tundra but w.e and they thought that if we pulled them out we would make history so they just watched.) We then went over to the trucker guy and were like "We're sorry, we've done everything we could. Hope you get out! Have a good one!" and of course all he understood was the wave good bye. Here are some pix:

This was how we hooked it up:
PS. notice the D bags just watching in the background >:o

Here's from a different angle:

Here was the truck:

Overall i think we were successful because we got him back at least two feet. we drove by and hour later and he actually made it even farther! other than that we pulled out 1 guy with racing tires that were practically balled, and pushed out my friends Camry and this womens Windstar. Throughout the whole night we made a total of $40 each, $40 from the balled tire guy, and $40 from the lady in the Windstar. We split each pay obv.

Moral: MY JEEP LOVES SNOW!!!!!!!!!!!! :JEEPIN: :JEEPIN: :JEEPIN: :JEEPIN:

Cookie Monster - 04 Silver TJ Rubicon, 5.5" Rock Krawler, 1.25" Body Lift, 35" Goodyear MTR's

Post subject: Re: Almost pulled out 10 WHEELER with two Jeeps!
PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:03 am 
LOST Newbie

Sometimes it's better to leave someone stuck. They probably will cause more damage if they get mobile again. :SOMBRERO: :SOMBRERO:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:38 am 
LOST Junkie

yea thats why we just booked.... I actually drove by today and he wasnt there. good for him lol

Cookie Monster - 04 Silver TJ Rubicon, 5.5" Rock Krawler, 1.25" Body Lift, 35" Goodyear MTR's

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 5:27 pm 
LOST Newbie

what a fun night

31" GENERAL GRABBER AT2

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 7:42 pm 
LOST Junkie

^ hahaha Dan