It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:45 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: I think i might trade in Libby for a JK :/
PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 4:19 am 
LOST Junkie

I went out looking today for a wrangler. preferably a Rubicon, preferably yellow, white or red. i love the 2dr but im looking towards a 4dr just because i need the extra room, and im going to be going across the country on a road trip to Cali (eventually to live there, Sorry guys! :[...) so i wanna know what you guys think because its really hard to even think about selling my libby in any way, shape , or form. i built her from the ground up. She is a beautiful piece of art. But then again i need some money to put towards getting a wrangler. :2cents:

i will still wheel with you guys and ill still be a libby girl at heart, but i really want this wrangler and idk what to do.

As you KK people know, we are limited to our capabilities as compared to the wranglers. and KJ's are somewhat limited too. Its frustrating when no one makes parts for your jeep and you have to spend hundred of thousands of dollars getting the parts you need. i feel thats a waste of time and money. :ALONE:

Mtnlvr and other ppl on here have made beautiful accessories for our truck and i appreciate you guys for that, i really do, but why would i spend so much if i could get a wrangler and spend less and lift higher and fit bigger tires?

Tell me what you guys think about this. i want to hear your opinion because they do matter to me. so please, what do you guys think? :juggle:

Cookie Monster - 04 Silver TJ Rubicon, 5.5" Rock Krawler, 1.25" Body Lift, 35" Goodyear MTR's

Post subject: Re: I think i might trade in Libby for a JK :/
PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:43 am 
LOST Member

You may want to wait a little while. Usually, the after market for certain vehicles (new models, new lines all together) take a while to emerge. It is usually once the price starts to drop so people can get a fairly cheap vehicle and spend money on it and therefor the aftermarket picks up. I'm sure the first few years after the KJ was out there wasn't much available for it. That is why you can build a JK out of a catalog now without having any real jeep parts in it, they have been around forever.

I have noticed the market around here is getting flooded with KK's ranging anywhere from $12,000 to $20,000. I assume most of them are lease returns, etc. Now that the price is coming down, the aftermarket should pick up. All it takes is a few people like Mtnlvr, rock lizard, etc., to start making things and I'm sure more will come (products, options).

The design of the KK may never let it be as capable as the JK, I don't know, but I can tell you that your drive across the country will probably be a lot more comfortable in the KK.

I honestly think the Wranglers are WAAAAY overpriced for what they actually are. Especially the 4-doors. It has gotten to the point that you are now overpaying for the name. I saw an article not too long ago that ranked the 4-door wrangler and the 2-door as 1 and 3 respectively as the least bang for the buck vehicles on the market. :2cents:

Mods:
Skyslider fix, K&N Drop in Filter, 7" Soundstream DVD/CD/MP3 Sirius radio with Navigation, Super 44 OR,
Jet Chip Stage II, Mickey Thompson Classic II's with 245/75/16 Duratracs, 3.5" RK lift, JBA A-Arms, OEM Grill Guard,
KC Daylighters, OEM Skids, Hitch, & Tow Hooks

1973 MGB

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:46 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

I have come to love my distinctness as a Liberty driver, cant always interrupt the looks I get (good, bad?) but I get em! Any publicity is good.

If I were you, and moving to awesome sunny CA, Id keep my indvividuality and head out there with a high head. IMO :2cents:

Either way keep... :JEEPIN:

OME 926/948 w/ OME Shocks, 3/8 Boiler, 1" LTT, a bit of Clevis lift
MOPAR Skids, Custom trans skid
Valley Roof Basket with Extension (when required), Homemade fence post crossbars with Thule system to compliment
Mastercraft A\T Something or another...

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:40 pm 
LOST Junkie

FDez wrote:
You may want to wait a little while. Usually, the after market for certain vehicles (new models, new lines all together) take a while to emerge. It is usually once the price starts to drop so people can get a fairly cheap vehicle and spend money on it and therefor the aftermarket picks up. I'm sure the first few years after the KJ was out there wasn't much available for it. That is why you can build a JK out of a catalog now without having any real jeep parts in it, they have been around forever.

I have noticed the market around here is getting flooded with KK's ranging anywhere from $12,000 to $20,000. I assume most of them are lease returns, etc. Now that the price is coming down, the aftermarket should pick up. All it takes is a few people like Mtnlvr, rock lizard, etc., to start making things and I'm sure more will come (products, options).

The design of the KK may never let it be as capable as the JK, I don't know, but I can tell you that your drive across the country will probably be a lot more comfortable in the KK.

I honestly think the Wranglers are WAAAAY overpriced for what they actually are. Especially the 4-doors. It has gotten to the point that you are now overpaying for the name. I saw an article not too long ago that ranked the 4-door wrangler and the 2-door as 1 and 3 respectively as the least bang for the buck vehicles on the market. :2cents:

i have waited almost 3 years for parts for my KK, since 08, and still they are rare to find esp for a good price. i know it only takes a few people, but its frustrating waiting and waiting for parts to go into production after 3 years.

i drove my friends 2dr JK and i fell in love. it was lifted 2.5" with 35's and it drove like a dream. about a year ago i drove the 4dr and it wasnt that impressive, but i know the long wheelbase is better off road. either one looks sweet hooked up too! they have basically the same seats as my KK and its very comfy. esp with the top off lol But you mihgt be right that its a bit more comfy to take on a long trip.

i agree i think that they are wayy over priced as well. but thats what negotiating is for :twisted: . i can see that article being true but they are great cars and very popular and always have good ratings ( at least from every owner ive ever known)

bunkermonkeycw wrote:
I have come to love my distinctness as a Liberty driver, cant always interrupt the looks I get (good, bad?) but I get em! Any publicity is good.

If I were you, and moving to awesome sunny CA, Id keep my indvividuality and head out there with a high head. IMO :2cents:

Either way keep... :JEEPIN:

i know exactly what you're talking about. i get those looks too! i even get those friendly waves from Wrangler owners!

i see what your saying, i should flaunt my stuff and show ppl what a real Liberty is lol but then again when i got there, my friend and i are going to get a house, probably a shop to work in, build my JK and go wheeling every weekend out to places like MOAB and Rubicon trail. I'd be joining Project JK and going on long excursions and camping trips and making my life based on 4 wheeling.

And in someway, i feel like id get a lot more looks witha lifted JK than a lifted libby just bc you'd notice the lift more in a JK. But if i did what some of these KJ's on here did, and lifted it to the point where i would wanna switch to SFA, then id get WAYYYY more looks and publicity. but i dont have a KJ. My KK cant even remove the fenders let alone fit tires bigger than prolly 31's. even with my 30.7's i still get a rub on sharp turns. its really frustrating.

Thank you for your input guys. i really appreciate it :BANANA:

Cookie Monster - 04 Silver TJ Rubicon, 5.5" Rock Krawler, 1.25" Body Lift, 35" Goodyear MTR's

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 5:41 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Get yourself a SFA XJ with the high output inline 4.0 engine.

There's so much you can do with those things and you really can't kill those motors.
You can find parts for them all over the internet and a lot cheaper them the JK.

06 CRD
OME HD w/clevis top plate
JBA 4.5 UCAs
245/75/16r Goodyear Duratrax
Fumoto Valve, V6 ABM
Rock Lizard Super Skinks
Cobra 75 WX ST
ECO GDE tune, 2.5 straight piped
ProVent, Samcoed
Non F37ed TCM
DieHard P1

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:23 am 
LOST Member

U get rub because of ur oem wheels and u can deff go bigger than 31. U just gotta lnow wjat ivr doing a few people on here have 33s and larger just gotta know what u doing.

Sent from my galaxy tab using tapatalk.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:37 am 
LOST Junkie

VMKJCRD wrote:
Get yourself a SFA XJ with the high output inline 4.0 engine.

There's so much you can do with those things and you really can't kill those motors.
You can find parts for them all over the internet and a lot cheaper them the JK.

I am not a fan of the XJ's Peter, and i would rather get a Jeep im passionate about then one that just has a 4.0. even though it is true thaa a 4.0 would be my best bet yet, but if i had the option to get a XJ with a 4.0 or a old school TJ with a 4.0, i'd still go for the TJ. I've just always wanted a wrangler. and hey, i can drop a Hemi in it too if i get the JK! so its win win!!

luigi1285 wrote:
U get rub because of ur oem wheels and u can deff go bigger than 31. U just gotta lnow wjat ivr doing a few people on here have 33s and larger just gotta know what u doing.

Sent from my galaxy tab using tapatalk.

i had no idea that i can go bigger, but what i do know is that i can't do extreme blacks and rock crawl with my KK. A JK is wayyy more suitable for that. and even with the 4dr's longer wheel base it makes in 600 times easier IMO.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:31 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Well its decided then, if its a rock crawler you want... maybe you can keep the KK and pull your new toy?

Valley Roof Basket with Extension (when required), Homemade fence post crossbars with Thule system to compliment

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:34 am 
LOST Junkie

bunkermonkeycw wrote:
Well its decided then, if its a rock crawler you want... maybe you can keep the KK and pull your new toy?

So you're saying to keep the KK as my DD and trail around the JK? i would love to do that, i really would, but, i can't afford to have both Jeeps :cry:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:53 am 
LOST Addict

when i get rid of my jeep i will not be getting another one. wheeling is too hard on vehicles and ive had to replace more stuff on this then i have any other vehicle before it. not to mention its super addicting and expensive. i could have paid off my jeep in a year if i hadnt spent it all on mods. :ROTFL:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:24 pm 
LOST Junkie

DirtyKK wrote:
when i get rid of my jeep i will not be getting another one. wheeling is too hard on vehicles and ive had to replace more stuff on this then i have any other vehicle before it. not to mention its super addicting and expensive. i could have paid off my jeep in a year if i hadnt spent it all on mods. :ROTFL:

well you're not getting rid of yours till i go wheeling with you. passenger or driver. i have to meet my Jeep twin. we make soo many jokes on here i have to meet you and go wheeling with you. its crucial. Plus i know this hobby is very addicting, expensive but sooo worth it. I've never felt sooo pasionate about something in my entire life. i owe it to Jeeps for that. Imma filthy, dirty jeep girl what can i say :goink: :pepper: :BANANA: :ROTFL: :JEEPIN: :JEEPIN: :JEEPIN: :JEEPIN:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:04 pm 
LOST Member

hmm the jk gonna have nothin on me... all i gotta say is 35s and sfa :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :goink: :pepper:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:57 am 
LOST Junkie

i here ya buddy :]

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:03 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

RC! WOOOOOOO!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:56 pm 
LOST Junkie

RC = viewtopic.php?f=23&t=59078

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:51 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

I can exercise excitement on any thread I'd like! :goink:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:15 pm 
LOST Junkie

THATS THE SPIRIT!!!! :pepper: :BANANA: