It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:28 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Where to go for a run?
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 12:22 pm 
LOST Newbie

Yeah I know. But with the option of not going or going, I'm going. I had friends with me to help with the hand winch. And worst case, we hoof it out. I grew up in the U.P. of Michigan. So although wheeling with proper(ish) gear is newer to me, getting stuck in the woods isn't :BANANA:

Next time I'm going somewhere I'll give a fair warning and see who can't come along.

-C

Post subject: Re: Where to go for a run?
PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 1:11 am 
LOST Newbie

Sorry to hear you got stuck in water. You’re not going to want to hear this but if you got stuck in 2+ feet of water you’re going to need to change all of your fluids – engine, transmission, transfer case, front and rear difs. Each one of those items has a breather tube coming out from the inside that only runs about 18” above the ground. The purpose is to allow the fluid inside to expand and contract. Since the fluid is lighter than the water the longer you were stuck the more water got in and the more oil got out.

Check all the fluids – if it has any sort of grey color to it you’ll need to change it all out. If it’s very light grey and milky with some air bubbles it’s very bad.

Once you’ve changed everything, I’d suggest extending your breather tubes so it doesn’t happen again. Great write up on it below, I think the same link is in this forum somewhere (thanks Adam) I did mine a while ago and it took me about an hour to get them all with the help of a friend. Total cost – under $30 in parts.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/325889/20 ... ty/page-15

(Formerly just “scoobysnax”) '04 Liberty Limited - 245/70/16 Firestone Destination AT's, Mopar tow hooks, Draw-Tite Class IV hitch, Skid Row Engine & Transmission Skids, Mopar T-Case & Gas Tank Skids, Extended Breather Tubes, Red Top Optima, Sylvania Silver Star head lights, Hella 500FF bumper mounted driving lights