It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:15 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Registration in Vermont
PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 6:44 pm 
LOST Newbie

Just wanted to put this up here as well. I'm taking delivery of a 2006 Libby CRD next week and I want to make sure I will be able to register it in my state, which was one of the few that never sold it new in the first place due to some emissions carp. Has anybody heard or had any nightmare stories with DMV in this regard.
Thanks in advance, I look forward to meeting some of the "locals"

Paul Dudley #42
There are no accidents; only collisions

Post subject: Re: Registration in Vermont
PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 7:27 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Hey Hey, welcome.

I think in NY state (another one of that states that didn't sell it new) it has to have more than 20k miles on it, somewhere in that area to be registered as a used vehicle.

Good Luck!
8)

4.10s sitting in a box - 3

Sold-1988 Suzuki Samurai
2002 Jeep TJ

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 8:04 pm 
LOST Member

welcome... where abouts in vermont are you? i have a cabin in Lancaster NH not far from vermont border

desert camo seats desert camo wraps
235/75/16 at's on MOABS
Monkey Farts

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 8:11 pm 
LOST Newbie

HI!
I live in Waitsfield, at the foot of Sugarbush ski resort. Lancaster is about 2 hours from me. I drive through it at least once a year on my annual pilgrimage to the New England Forest Rally, I love that stuff.
The rig I am purchasing has 92k on the odo, so I think I'm in the clear.
Appreciate the input.

Paul Dudley #42

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 8:50 pm 
LOST Newbie

Boy do I have a lot of questions about this rig. It's my first Jeep of any kind actually. Well no, there was the AMC Eagle and the two Cherokees (the seller talked me into buying his with the phrase "I'll throw in another Cherokee for free". But this is my first nice Jeep.
The shocks are original and so are rotors (owner says). My background is in racing and as such I am looking for a shock built around high speed not low speed. IE Bilstein, not Rancho. Who makes a good shock for the CRD? Are they even different from a gas libby for a CRD? As far as brakes go, I've never liked parts store rotors for performance, but loved them for price and availability. Are there any programs that allow for discounts on OE parts?

Is this the appropriate place to post questions like these or in the main section? You guys (and girls?) were just the first ones to answer.

Paul Dudley #42

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 8:56 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

first of all...

welcome! You'll have no problems at the DMV with the registration. In order for you to register the crd it would have to have more then 7.5k miles in the state of NYso Dean was a little close :jester: . Funny thing is that when the crds first came out people would get them from other states and register them there by using a friends address and bring them in to the states where they weren't sold.

Yea i know sounds retarded but it worked. lol

By the way, your crd is pushing 92ks. Has it had the timing belt done? The timing belt should be changed at 100k and its a little pricey.

Here is some helpful info about the few bugs that can easily be fixed.
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=54207

06 CRD
OME HD w/clevis top plate
JBA 4.5 UCAs
245/75/16r Goodyear Duratrax
Fumoto Valve, V6 ABM
Rock Lizard Super Skinks
Cobra 75 WX ST
ECO GDE tune, 2.5 straight piped
ProVent, Samcoed
Non F37ed TCM
DieHard P1

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 9:16 pm 
LOST Newbie

Reinforced peace of mind; much appreciated. The timing belt had been done. He said he'd have to look through the receipts to see if the water pump was changed at the same time. That sounds like a bear of a job. He said he has never cleaned the MAP sensor. So based on what I've read here, I'm kind of excited to see what it looks like. EGR still hooked up too. I will likely wait a week or two before cleaning the map sensor for a good seat of the pants reference.
A trailer brake controller is on the short list. Actually I already have it. The one with a gyroscope so it can sense forward pitch and adjust pressure accordingly. Freebie...sweet. So I wonder if there exists a harness under the dash or if I will need to hard wire it.
I'm really just rambling (due to excitement), don't feel compelled to dig out your wiring diagrams...unless you're bored.

Paul Dudley #42