It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:50 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Plymouth Power Lines still open?
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 1:02 am 
LOST Member

Hey, I use to ride my dirt bike down in the powerlines of Plymouth.i think i might voyage down to see how the libby does. They go for miles and miles all the way down to the canal.I'm not sure whats blocked off and not but i think I'll find out.I'll take pics if I go.I use to have a blast on the bike.All sorts of terrain, soft,packed sand, Birms,hills, whoop-de-doos wooded trails and what not. I lived there back in 95 and remember guys out there doing hill climbs with there 4x4's. Heres a link where I use to go in to them look to the right of Bourne road on this map and then follow them down. On google map it's in color but you get the idea..Let me know if you guys have been here before and if you can still get out there. It's a 30 min drive for me and prob 1/2 tank a gas knowing the Libby..

http://local.live.com/default.aspx?v=2&cp=41.833334~-70.606349&style=h&lvl=17&scene=2802694&sp=aN.41.833334_-70.606349_powerlines_

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 6:40 am 
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

I'm not sure,do they run near Myles Standish at all? when ya plan on going? want company?

04 COLUMBIA ED. & 04 SPORT

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 10:16 am 
LOST Member

Is this just an open website? or a program? I fully dig it

-Frankenlift 2 Premium (OME all four corners)
-General Grabber AT2
-All J Products Rock Rails
-Hidden Hitch W/D ring
-K&N Cold Air Intake
-Airade Throttle Body Spacer
-Flowmaster Delta 50 Muffler
-Jet Performance Stage 2 Chip
-3" striaght pipe off the muffler

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 12:08 pm 
LOST Member

On the other side (left on the map) of Bourne road if you follow that down it hugs Myles Standish. I'm gonna try to go down if i get some free time this weekend.I have a newborn so free time is close to none..I wouldn't want you goin up there from fall river if all the roads are blocked off and we couldn't get in nevermind gas....I'll get back to you..

And yes thats a free service from the great people @ microsoft.I'm sure it won't be free for long though. If you look up boston or new yourk you can use the ariel view and then press the birdseye view for a high def close up in some cases.Really cool.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 5:39 pm 
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Matty definitly let me know,it realy isn't that far for me maybe 40 min,I grew up in mattapoisett which is 15min from Myles Standish forest carver enterance so I'm somewhat familiar with the area,I just wish the forest was still open that place was a blast for wheelin :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 9:43 am 
LOST Member

Hi, I just found out my Sis is coming in from NY so i can't go tomorrow I gotta pick her up at Logan. darn it..I'll keep in touch..Sorry :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 9:00 am 
LOST Member

Well, I got up extra early with my dog buddyMac and headed down rt 3 to plymouth.i got off exit 3 and went down Long Pond rd. and then took a right at Pine Hollows (Lund Rd). I drove down into there about 1/2 amile and came upon a huge opening on boths sides of the street with tire tracks everywhere in the snad. So I hopped on myself.Heres a few shots of what you can expect.. I had a blast ,Only was down there for about 45 minutes cause i was short on time but these trails go and go.

This at the street looking left.

this looking right,from the street.

This is about 200yds in going left off st..

Post subject: More Plymouth Power Lines Pics
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 9:13 am 
LOST Member

These Pics wouldn't post on the other one so here they are

Nice close up..

By the water tank..

It was pretty cool, you would go fro miles and then come to a street to cross.Just go acroos the street into even more miles of trails.Awesome :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 11:46 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Is this place legal? It's about an hour and a half from my house. Looks like fun.

2004 Sport with just enough to get me in trouble 8)
http://picasaweb.google.com/TRCorcoran

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 1:08 pm 
LOST Addict

sign me up, too! I can't get to the first page with the maps (silly windows required webpage) and the photos don't work, but it sounds awesome!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 1:54 pm 
LOST Member

The powerlines are owned by the electric company and i'm sure it is considered tresspassing, but i'm willing to take that chance. As soon as you go over a hill or 2 you can't be seen from the street or anyone else for that matter. Keep in mind you could possibly get into trouble, so don't hold me responsible. And don't hold me responsible if a powerline snaps, hits your jeep and you get fried to death :shock: ..
As you know there is no 4x4ing allowed anywhere in Mass, so I'm willing to take the chance. All I can say is that when i use to live there 10 years ago people would always be out there either on atv's dirtbikes,which i had at the time and 4x4 trucks and jeeps. And this past Saturday 10 years later It was the same way, people on the atvs and bikes smile and wave and just do there own thing. Next time i go I will stop somebody and ask what there opinion is on the whole tresspassing issue and find out if people get into trouble. I would gladly leave if an electrical worker told me to but until then..WOOHOOO!!!!
All the links and pics work for me and i have tried them at several diff computers here at work. Maybe you should either reboot your pc or copy and paste the links into a new browser to view them.. Later

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 5:04 pm 
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Matty I sent ya a PM,I'm willing to take a chance,& boy does those pics bring back memories :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 7:23 pm 
LOST Member

I went mountain biking under the lines up in Milford last summer. Was fun! Definitely some spots where a jeep could go, but generally single track stuff.

L.O.S.T.#000574
Blue Maglite, Revos on spare rims, Fuzzy Dice.
Long Island/Vermont

Post subject: plymouth trails
PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 2:54 am 
LOST Newbie

Dam, I worked in Plymouth for 3 years and drove by there and never saw that place. I hunted powerlines from somerset to the cape and never found that. If I only knew!!!!!!!!! Hey Pete, I see youre willing to take chances now, huh :lol: Now you know how i felt when i was driving through Mattapoiset and all those other places!!!!! I know I would if I was there. lol.Let me know how it was if you go. later
Orlando

L.O.S.T. KJNE#395
tubular hitch + Warn shackle
tow hooks
Hella 500's
All J BB's
Silverstars
Bfg TA KO's 245/75/16
Mopar Skids
Rusty's tranny skid

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 9:02 pm 
LOST Member

Be careful in Milford. That area is called Vietnam Woods and is patrolled. Nemba (mountain bike group) owns some of it and does not allow 4x4's. Great riding though. The Jeep trails are left from when it was legal.