It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:34 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: LETS RIDE LONG ISLAND, NY (SUFFOLK) early FEBRUARY !!!!
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:01 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

HEY WHATS GOING ON!!!
I am looking to set up a winter ride Early Feb lets BREAK IN THOSE 2012 BEACH PASSES!!!! not sure either smiths point, moses (democrat point) LETS GET THIS GOING!!!!
*possibly yaphank*

HOPE TO HERE FROM SOME LONG ISLANDERS READY TO RIDE

JBA shaved dow CV's
Detours Backbone Bumper System,
Smittybilt 8000lb synthetic line winch, surco roof rack
Cragar Soft 8 Silver Wheels
4.10 gears, 245/75/16 Wrangler Authority A/T
Pinch welds annihilated
Class III rear hitch

HOPEFULLY adding a snorkel soon

Post subject: Re: LETS RIDE LONG ISLAND, NY (SUFFOLK) early FEBRUARY !!!!
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 7:31 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

for demo or sore thumb you have to wait til april. montauk is open but you need your state pass to go. the smith's point is open as long as the beach is open but many of us aren't suffolk residents so the $$$ is a bit steep. There will be posts soon about trips. and Meet and Greets.

08 Revenge- Rock Lizard (Skink Sliders & Gecko Roof Rails), High Clearance Trimmed Front Bumper, Mopar skids, Riddler Diff Cover, JBA (5.5 Arms, 6" rear Springs, Front Adjust-A-Struts), 32" DuraTracs, Superior 4.56's, Front & Rear ARB Lockers, Fastman Throttle Body, AEM Intake, Hypertech Tune, Custom Ram Air, RunCool Louvers

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:54 pm 
LOST Junkie

i was supposed to go with all my friends out here (long island) to get the beach pass, but i was in florida. If you wanna go with me to get the Robert Moses 4x4 fishing permit (beach pass) then ill go with you. I live in Huntington. Where do you live?

Cookie Monster - 04 Silver TJ Rubicon, 5.5" Rock Krawler, 1.25" Body Lift, 35" Goodyear MTR's

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:04 pm 
LOST Member

lifetime member with only 7 posts??? :dizzy:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:35 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

You pay to be a lifer. All the cool kids do it.

06 CRD
OME HD w/clevis top plate
JBA 4.5 UCAs
245/75/16r Goodyear Duratrax
Fumoto Valve, V6 ABM
Rock Lizard Super Skinks
Cobra 75 WX ST
ECO GDE tune, 2.5 straight piped
ProVent, Samcoed
Non F37ed TCM
DieHard P1

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:04 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

HEY DOUBLE K

I am out in Farmingville i am going to get my new Beach pass from sayville this week prob thursday !!shoot a post if you in

JBA shaved dow CV's
Detours Backbone Bumper System,
Smittybilt 8000lb synthetic line winch, surco roof rack
Cragar Soft 8 Silver Wheels
4.10 gears, 245/75/16 Wrangler Authority A/T
Pinch welds annihilated
Class III rear hitch

HOPEFULLY adding a snorkel soon

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:36 am 
LOST Junkie

hislop wrote:
lifetime member with only 7 posts??? :dizzy:

Be nice Brian! :goink:

Usmc631 wrote:
HEY DOUBLE K

I am out in Farmingville i am going to get my new Beach pass from sayville this week prob thursday !!shoot a post if you in

Well i'd only wanna get a pass for robert moses...

Cookie Monster - 04 Silver TJ Rubicon, 5.5" Rock Krawler, 1.25" Body Lift, 35" Goodyear MTR's

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:13 pm 
LOST Member

I still need to get my beach pass for this year as well.

Any interest in a meet and greet next weekend?

Maybe hang out get some drinks and do what we do (talk jeeps)

-Frankenlift 2 Premium (OME all four corners)
-General Grabber AT2
-All J Products Rock Rails
-Hidden Hitch W/D ring
-K&N Cold Air Intake
-Airade Throttle Body Spacer
-Flowmaster Delta 50 Muffler
-Jet Performance Stage 2 Chip
-3" striaght pipe off the muffler

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:33 am 
LOST Junkie

JeepJunky33 wrote:
I still need to get my beach pass for this year as well.

Any interest in a meet and greet next weekend?

Maybe hang out get some drinks and do what we do (talk jeeps)

Ill be down for that. gimme a time and place.

Post subject: LETS RIDE LONG ISLAND, NY (SUFFOLK) early FEBRUARY !!!!
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:43 am 
LOST Member

I'm still in need of mine as well!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:34 pm 
LOST Newbie

Rach, I plan to go get mine Feb. 4th if you don't get out there this weekend. Was going to see if Dean was up to take a ride also.

6000k HID's
Skids to come!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:10 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

I'll stop by to shot some "doo doo"

06 CRD
OME HD w/clevis top plate
JBA 4.5 UCAs
245/75/16r Goodyear Duratrax
Fumoto Valve, V6 ABM
Rock Lizard Super Skinks
Cobra 75 WX ST
ECO GDE tune, 2.5 straight piped
ProVent, Samcoed
Non F37ed TCM
DieHard P1

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:52 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

I'm game, let me know what is decided.
GIANTS BABY!!

4.10s sitting in a box - 3

Sold-1988 Suzuki Samurai
2002 Jeep TJ

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:52 pm 
LOST Addict

We're going back out to robert moses? works for me!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:57 pm 
LOST Junkie

TJS2010 wrote:
Rach, I plan to go get mine Feb. 4th if you don't get out there this weekend. Was going to see if Dean was up to take a ride also.

Ill get mine then too. I'll be at school during that time so ill leave straight from school! Dean you better be coming!

VMKJCRD wrote:

you do that Peter! :ROTFL:

MAN i love you guys :] :-)r

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:19 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

DoubleK wrote:
TJS2010 wrote:

Ill get mine then too. I'll be at school during that time so ill leave straight from school! Dean you better be coming!

VMKJCRD wrote:

But you're leaving US!
Sorry saw the post on FB, sux if thats what ya gotta do, but a JK?! Thats even more expensive!
Good luck though. And I am planning to make this meet up to also shoot some DooDoo with ya Pete!
Beach Permit Run part Duex! :JEEPIN:

Full Mopar Skids
Yakima roof rack system
ARB bumper
Hella 500's
Rock Lizard Super Skinks
Frankenlift Premium II
GY Duratracs 245/70/16 AT's on Cragar Soft 8s
JBA 4.5 A-arms
Cobra Classic CB

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:35 am 
LOST Junkie

LI_KJ wrote:
DoubleK wrote:
TJS2010 wrote:

VMKJCRD wrote:

But you're leaving US!
Sorry saw the post on FB, sux if thats what ya gotta do, but a JK?! Thats even more expensive!
Good luck though. And I am planning to make this meet up to also shoot some DooDoo with ya Pete!
Beach Permit Run part Duex! :JEEPIN:

I will still buy a vehicle that i can go on the beach with and hangout with you guys, im not leaving you <3
my friend found an XJ for 4k and i think imma go for that if the JK is too expensive, thanks for the luck bc imma need it! :banghead: :juggle:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:04 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

DoubleK wrote:
I will still buy a vehicle that i can go on the beach with and hangout with you guys, im not leaving you <3
my friend found an XJ for 4k and i think imma go for that if the JK is too expensive, thanks for the luck bc imma need it! :banghead: :juggle:

Ahhh, well your leaving the black sheep of the Jeep family (the KKs and KJs), but if it's causing too much headache, then it's time...
I have been there more than once with my KJ, and if it wasn't paid for I would prob be rolling in something else (of course in the Jeep line). But no matter what Jeep you are driving something is going to break, something is always going to be needing a change or a repair. It's just how it rolls with these machines, especially when you put them through the stuff you tackle (or your driver tackles). Sucks about your luck of your buddy taking the waterpit with the tire in the bottom, but thats the risk you take in wheeling over there. Could have been some angry enviromentalist trying to sabotage a wheeler, it's been known to happen before like in the NJ Pine Barrens. Next time I guess don't let someone else drive your vehicle as they have less of a responsibilty to it if something breaks, and might be more willing to go for it when pressured. Just my :2cents: , I like my Jeep and don't wanna screw it up, if I can avoid it, but then again I'm not as adventurous as you! :D
Whatever the decision is on if you are gonna dump the DoubleK, hope you still come around and show us what the Rubicon is all about!
I like the sound of the XJ, but then you most likely will be investing in a whole slew of work with an engine that will most likely be over 100000K. And again, good luck with the Jeep decision!Wish I could afford more than one Jeep! :BINGO:
catch ya soon Rach!
-Jeff

Full Mopar Skids
Yakima roof rack system
ARB bumper
Hella 500's
Rock Lizard Super Skinks
Frankenlift Premium II
GY Duratracs 245/70/16 AT's on Cragar Soft 8s
JBA 4.5 A-arms
Cobra Classic CB

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:54 pm 
LOST Junkie

LI_KJ wrote:
DoubleK wrote:

Ahhh, well your leaving the black sheep of the Jeep family (the KKs and KJs), but if it's causing too much headache, then it's time...
I have been there more than once with my KJ, and if it wasn't paid for I would prob be rolling in something else (of course in the Jeep line). But no matter what Jeep you are driving something is going to break, something is always going to be needing a change or a repair. It's just how it rolls with these machines, especially when you put them through the stuff you tackle (or your driver tackles). Sucks about your luck of your buddy taking the waterpit with the tire in the bottom, but thats the risk you take in wheeling over there. Could have been some angry enviromentalist trying to sabotage a wheeler, it's been known to happen before like in the NJ Pine Barrens. Next time I guess don't let someone else drive your vehicle as they have less of a responsibilty to it if something breaks, and might be more willing to go for it when pressured. Just my :2cents: , I like my Jeep and don't wanna screw it up, if I can avoid it, but then again I'm not as adventurous as you! :D
Whatever the decision is on if you are gonna dump the DoubleK, hope you still come around and show us what the Rubicon is all about!
I like the sound of the XJ, but then you most likely will be investing in a whole slew of work with an engine that will most likely be over 100000K. And again, good luck with the Jeep decision!Wish I could afford more than one Jeep! :BINGO:
catch ya soon Rach!
-Jeff

Yea it is a big headache. I went to the shop this morning and we fixed the thumping noise... apparently it was the gas tank skid hitting against the rear drive shaft. i must have hit something to bend it out, therefore hitting the gas tank... We also figured out the NOT starting prob. Apparently it is something having to do with my fuel lines, specifically my fuel pump relay or something like that. So once i get that fixed, if the prob stops reoccurring, i may keep her. don't get me wrong i love her, i built her from the ground up but she's being really stubborn...i swear to god she has a mind of her own. when we want her to not start she doesn't do it... when im leaving the shop of course guess what she does.... NOT START. she's jealous that i bought the Rubicon. and now she has hatred towards me. but whatever, im tryna get along with her and fix her so she doesn't cry anymore.

yes i know something is bound to break, its a Jeep thing, but when NO ONE can find the solution to your prob, it gets a little annoying, trust me, I've been tryna find the prob since the first day it didnt start. After i got the new gastank that's when the "poo poo" started.

Yea she's been through a lot, but in the end i always make her feel special with a nice relaxing Bath :ROTFL:

Yea i completely trust my friend to get behind the wheel and that STUPID tire just HAPPENED to be there the ONE time he drives my Jeep. Yea people can be so crude (totally just made a word, cruel + rude = crude :-)r ) honestly im kinda thinking it was there from when it was a racetrack, i only say that because it was a full fledged racing slick, or maybe some buttface decided to drop it in there like you said... eh who knows, all i know is that i got out and im in one piece, literally :pepper:

yea i think for now ill keep the driving solely to me. I don't blame him at all though, its what happens when you go wheeling, so i don't mind. i know how to pop it back in. everything else, like the tow hook spot, needs to be replaced like getting a whole new bumper... honestly looking at it, it think it ripped out of the frame, which would be realllllly bad. :banghead: :furious:

yea im really adventurous, ill take on any task in front of me. :ALONE: :5SHOTS:
I will still be wheeling with you guys, but no mud in the rubicon, its strictly rocks and dryness (i have an intake). Im finally taking it to the shop to fix the Calipers and all that stuff. so ill have my trail rig ready!

the XJ has 168K, which is a downer, but its in MINT condition going for $4,800. idk what i want yet. i was looking at JK's all night last night so im still debating on what to do. If i get another Jeep its going to either be that XJ or a manual JK.

Hahahah thanks for the luck! and you dont have to say your good byes, im still here and not going anywhere :BANANA: :lol: :goink:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:08 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

I donated soon after my first post... was an anonymous browser before that...

OME 926/948 w/ OME Shocks, 3/8 Boiler, 1" LTT, a bit of Clevis lift
MOPAR Skids, Custom trans skid
Valley Roof Basket with Extension (when required), Homemade fence post crossbars with Thule system to compliment
Mastercraft A\T Something or another...