It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:45 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Sammy's Auto Repair
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 10:23 am 
LOST Member

Looking to switch mechanics after having a few issues with my current one. So I was wondering if anyone has used Sammy's in Hicksville. Thinking to switch to him cause he always has a bunch of lifted jeeps at his shop and is close to my house.

OME 2.5in lift
245/75r16 General Grabber at2
Cobra 75 WX ST
3ft firestik

Post subject: Re: Sammy's Auto Repair
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 6:33 pm 
LOST Addict

Can't really help ya. I heard that a lot of Jeepers and 4x4 guys go to Goonie's Garage. I met him a few times from a different website based out of Long Island. I think a few others here have too, but most of them aren't very active anymore.

That said, I can't recommend or give feedback on anyone. I do all my work myself or with my dad and the work we can't do we go down to our buddy John and use his shop, supervision and guidance lol.

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 8:38 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Sammy is a nice guy. And people recommend him all the time - but I think thats because he's the only local "Jeep Shop".
I brought my KJ there for an alignment and he told me my ball joints on my JBA arms were bad (which they were).
I tried to have a conversation with him about replacing them and cost and different things, and thats when I got a bad vibe.

Maybe its only me.

Goonies is the one in like Patchogue? If so, he runs a local forum. And he is a nice guy for sure. I went to one of his meet and greets. He BBQed and all. Good times.

Good Luck.
8)

4.10s sitting in a box - 3

Sold-1988 Suzuki Samurai
2002 Jeep TJ

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 12:13 am 
LOST Addict

infernicus wrote:
Sammy is a nice guy. And people recommend him all the time - but I think thats because he's the only local "Jeep Shop".
I brought my KJ there for an alignment and he told me my ball joints on my JBA arms were bad (which they were).
I tried to have a conversation with him about replacing them and cost and different things, and thats when I got a bad vibe.

Maybe its only me.

Goonies is the one in like Patchogue? If so, he runs a local forum. And he is a nice guy for sure. I went to one of his meet and greets. He BBQed and all. Good times.

Good Luck.
8)

Yea Goonies was that meet we went to in Patchogue. He's since moved to Holtsville I think.

I haven't been on that forum in years. One of these days I'll drop by again lol

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 5:15 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

I also would vote for Goonies Garage in Holtsville off Furrows Road. Super nice guy, knows his way around every jeep and can definitely deliver. Highly recommend!!!

Full Mopar Skids
Yakima roof rack system
ARB bumper
Hella 500's
Rock Lizard Super Skinks
Frankenlift Premium II
GY Duratracs 245/70/16 AT's on Cragar Soft 8s
JBA 4.5 A-arms
Cobra Classic CB