It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:29 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: I swear I'm not an idiot...
PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 12:26 am 
LOST Newbie

I normally don't ask stupid questions, but this one has me stumped so far. Here goes: When I turn on the A/C and set the output to recirc, the airflow coming out of the open vents drops to almost nothing. I don't have a memory of this always happening, but it's really irritating me now. Any help? Please?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 12:28 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

I don't want to sound sarcastic, but did you turn the dial up for the intensity...1-4..I usually use 1 and that is just enough to blow a "breeze-like" air flow on me...it is fairly weak though at the #1 setting, #2 is nice though....

AEV 3.5" RS Lift; Schrockworks FR bumper and Warn 9.5ti winch; Cobra 75 CB; Rigid 50" LED light bar; Adventure Trailers (AT Overland) JK Kitchen setup in the cargo area.
Southern L.O.S.T. # 236487

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 9:28 pm 
LOST Newbie

Thats not normal. When I switch it from on of the other AC settings to recirculate the noise of the airflow increases in my KJ. It sounds like the intake hose coming from the cab is partially blocked or kinked.

Sunroof, Leather Seats, Mopar subwoofer, TrakLock in rear, Mopar skid plates, All J Super skid plate II, All J Boulder Bars, Daystar 2.5" Lift kit, Cobra CB, Inclinometer, 6 CD Changer in rear, K&N drop in filter. MTR 245/75

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 10:29 pm 
LOST Newbie

If the power setting is on four, and the output is set to recirc, the air flow is slower than a one setting drawing "fresh" air. As for a blockage, that system should be closed to anything that could possibly block it, such as leaves, highway debris, etc. Also, I can't hear any whistling or any noise that would indicate a blockage. I think that the system that routes the air is run by vacuum pressure. I could possibly have a disconnected vacuum hose or something, but I doubt it.

Bottom line is that if other Liberty owners can't say they are experiencing a HUGE difference in air flow when recirc is on, I have a problem. I just have to diagnose this myself I guess.