It is currently Tue Jun 04, 2024 12:07 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: McKinney/Miller Lake Rubicon trail pictures...
PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2005 10:40 am 
LOST Newbie

If you haven't done the McKinney Rubicon trail before it is a must! The trail wasn't too bad, but it was a good challenge. From the trail-head to the lake it's 4 miles and takes a little over an hour to get to Miller Lake. Once you reach Miller Lake there are other lakes to choose from as well tons of trails that you're able to go off and explore. The only other trail users we saw were ATV's. We were going up and a group of five were heading down. The trail-guide stopped at my window and said "were are you going? The trail gets pretty nasty a few 100 yards up." Of course my response to that was "Going to the lakes, and I am not worried I am in a
J-E-E-P!" I highly recommend this trail for the views, the experience and the pure beauty that Tahoe has to offer. Not too many pictures of the main trail as I went up alone, and my buddy in his Wrangler met me later.

(As for the rolled truck we came upon it. It must have just happened as the ground was still wet with oil/gas. We didn't see anyone on the trail so hopefully they got a ride and were not injured.)

Pictures here: http://www.pbase.com/lj0913/tahoe_05

Happy Trails,
-Larry

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2005 2:15 pm 
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Looks beautiful up there! Glad you guys wern't the ones who rolled. Too bad they left the liquid all over.

03 Freedom with some neat stuff done to it that I learned about here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2005 5:15 pm 
LOST Newbie

That roll-over could have been prevented. I am not sure how, or why they decided to climb an embankment that has no trail and clearly was non-drive-able. We searched the trail for the person(s) in the roll-over but no luck. There was no blood in the cab of the truck if there's a good thing to come out of it. I am still baffled by the whole thing....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 1:35 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

lj0913 is right about the McKinney Rubicon trail. I have done that every year since I have had my KJ (only 2 years :) ) and it is a blast. Lots of rocks.

'05 Yellow TJ Rubicon 6spd

Click here for my Jeep Mods

Redneck Yacht Club for life!!