It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:33 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Free dog needs a good home
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 4:42 pm 
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Hi Everyone,

I'm posting this in the cali sections so it can be seen by folks who live in the region.

My girlfriend’s parents have a dog that they wish to surrender. So rather than surrendering her to the shelter I’d rather try to find a good owner through here first. She’s a great dog IMHO but they don’t have the time to take care of her and give her the proper attention. She’s about a year and a half old, Australian shepherd mix. Her coat is black with a soft brindle pattern. She loves attention (one of the things she’s lacking at their home) and loves to chew on things (has no chew toys). She’s very good with kids and other dogs. She knows basic commands like ‘sit’, ‘stay’ and occasionally ‘down’. Her shots are current as of May 5th, the parvo and rabies shots are good for 3 years and the bordatella is good for a year. She’s also on heart-guard for parasite prevention (good for 5 more months).

Here are some of my opinions on the situation. She’s an excellent dog and I think that she doesn’t deserve to be surrendered. She used to dig holes in the back yard and has chewed things up back there, but I believe this is because she hardly gets any attention and has no chew toys (loves big raw-hide bones). As far as the digging goes, they also have a little male dog that liked to bury his treats and she dug them up, since she’s larger the holes are bigger. One of her habits is to jump up at the trees and grab leaves when she doesn’t get attention. I personally would take her, but I already have a big dog and live in a small apartment in LA.

The dog is currently in Fresno, however I’d be willing to drop her off. My girlfriend’s parents are also willing to give $150 in cash for any of the necessary dog care products (food, bed, toys etc) that may need to be purchased for her.

Her name is Jata, she weighs 52.5 pounds and is roughly a medium sized dog. I’ll be posting her picture in a few hours so bear with me on this. I’d really like to find her a good home.

Thanks,

Justin

Post subject: Pictures
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 6:07 pm 
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Here are some pictures of her and other information. She is pretty good in the car, doesn't whine really and likes to look out the windows. I don't think she's really potty trained, she's been outside most of her life. I do know she tinkles a little bit when she's excited or even a little scared, but that really isn't too uncommon.

The pictures:

This her being camera shy

In this pic, you can see a little bit of my dog and their other dog (that's the one that should be surrenderd IMHO)

If you have any questions, just let me know.

Thanks,

Justin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 6:26 pm 
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

She's been adopted by Annette in SoCal. Thanks!

Justin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 5:24 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

carroll952 wrote:
She's been adopted by Annette in SoCal. Thanks!

Justin

Congrats Annette!