It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:04 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: new member
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 9:09 pm 
LOST Newbie

Hey guys just introducing myself, new to this off roading stuff, got a 2wd so I got limitations but willing to take it to the max and test out just how much I can do with it. I have a stock limited slip and I want to try how good it works. If any body does any quick off roading for a day let me know... somewhere close...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 11:21 pm 
LOST Newbie

Hey welcome. Good to see another person from the bay area on the boards. As for wheeling around our area its pretty scarce. Really once you get about an hour away from here it starts to get better. If you see a black sport 4x4 with a light bar, thats me. Dont be scared to wave :D .

Custom Budget lightbar stage 2
Mudguards
Rusty's Coil lift
K&N drop in
-tiny tires :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 12:14 am 
LOST Newbie

thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 10:20 pm 
LOST Newbie

Sometime I wanna try what my Jeep can do being a 4x2 with a LSD, I'll let everybody know for something like Hollister Hills, I'm a newbie to off road, seems like a fun and interesting hobby that I would like to try out. I'll need some help though through the trails, maybe we can do something in the summer.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 12:13 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

rhy wrote:
Sometime I wanna try what my Jeep can do being a 4x2 with a LSD, I'll let everybody know for something like Hollister Hills, I'm a newbie to off road, seems like a fun and interesting hobby that I would like to try out. I'll need some help though through the trails, maybe we can do something in the summer.

4x2 wont get you too many places "hardcore" especially since the KJs gears ratios are pretty low from the factory, but Hollister has plenty of trails that can be done in 2WD, also in the Sierras there are plenty of fire roads that can be done just fine. Some people are more bout the destination rather than the difficulty of trail, I am a combo of both, my Rubi loves the rocks, but I also dont mind a nice drive somewhere new every once in a while, its just your preference...welcome to the hobby and trust me you'll be addicted. If you plan on gettin more involved though I would ditch the 4x2...just my $.02 cents 8)

'05 Yellow TJ Rubicon 6spd

Click here for my Jeep Mods

Redneck Yacht Club for life!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 12:34 pm 
LOST Newbie

Stampey wrote:
Hey welcome. Good to see another person from the bay area on the boards. As for wheeling around our area its pretty scarce. Really once you get about an hour away from here it starts to get better. If you see a black sport 4x4 with a light bar, thats me. Dont be scared to wave :D .

I don't know what you're talking about. I four wheel over the Sunol Grade every day! Yeah I think I'm actually going to Upgrade my tires to bicycle tires.

http://www.jevbuster.com
ImageImage
http://www.okkacademy.com/forum/index.php

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 7:50 pm 
LOST Newbie

jevbuster wrote:
Stampey wrote:

I don't know what you're talking about. I four wheel over the Sunol Grade every day! Yeah I think I'm actually going to Upgrade my tires to bicycle tires.

Where exactly is the Sunol Grade. Is it OHV? Just trying to get to know where all the off roading sites are around here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 8:00 pm 
LOST Newbie

kj in a tight spot wrote:
rhy wrote:

4x2 wont get you too many places "hardcore" especially since the KJs gears ratios are pretty low from the factory, but Hollister has plenty of trails that can be done in 2WD, also in the Sierras there are plenty of fire roads that can be done just fine. Some people are more bout the destination rather than the difficulty of trail, I am a combo of both, my Rubi loves the rocks, but I also dont mind a nice drive somewhere new every once in a while, its just your preference...welcome to the hobby and trust me you'll be addicted. If you plan on gettin more involved though I would ditch the 4x2...just my $.02 cents 8)

Yea, kinda addicted already just by reading through all of these forums and just got my feet wet at Carnegie. Small, but just to get the feeling. What are fireroads? Oh and I can't get rid of the 4x2 just yet cause I'm still a student, (no money) :( but one of these days I will, and I'll be as happy as any 4x4 :D So I got to work with what I got

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 3:43 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

rhy wrote:
kj in a tight spot wrote:
rhy wrote:

Yea, kinda addicted already just by reading through all of these forums and just got my feet wet at Carnegie. Small, but just to get the feeling. What are fireroads? Oh and I can't get rid of the 4x2 just yet cause I'm still a student, (no money) :( but one of these days I will, and I'll be as happy as any 4x4 :D So I got to work with what I got

Hey man definitely wheel what ya got, I wasnt doggin ya I was sayin that it might be a bit hard (I know it will actually) to keep up if you ever join clubs or whatnot...wheel what ya got until then though...o and fireroads are forest service roads...dirt roads in laymens terms 8)

'05 Yellow TJ Rubicon 6spd

Click here for my Jeep Mods

Redneck Yacht Club for life!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 11:01 am 
LOST Newbie

rhy wrote:
jevbuster wrote:
Stampey wrote:

Where exactly is the Sunol Grade. Is it OHV? Just trying to get to know where all the off roading sites are around here.

Sorry bad joke.... I take the 680 freeway from Pleasanton to Fremont everyday.

ImageImage

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 12:00 pm 
LOST Newbie

It's all good yall, just let me know whenever you guys go out wheeling (local), maybe I can tag along, but I'll stay on the easy side. By the how do you post messages when you want to quote specific quotes from a message, just like what you did jevbuster in the last post.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 12:33 pm 
LOST Newbie

rhy wrote:
By the how do you post messages when you want to quote specific quotes from a message, just like what you did jevbuster in the last post.

Just hit the Quote button in the upper left hand side of the post you want to quote.

ImageImage

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 2:27 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

For some “easy” trails you might want to look at:

Backcountry Adventures Northern California: The Ultimate Guide to the Backcountry for Anyone with a Sport Utility Vehicle - Peter Massey; Paperback.

or Sierra Nevada Byways: 50 Backcountry Drives For The Whole Family - Tony Huegel

You can also go to trails.com and look at northern Cal, you will fine trails from these books and others (first three “trail looks” are free).

Good Luck!

2006 4X4
Full Jeep skids
Rock Lizard Super Sliders
OME Spring Lift
Al's A-Arms and Quick Disconnects
Cobra 75 WXST and Fire Stick
Garmin 580 GPS

LOST #EH075243
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2934108

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 7:59 pm